1,083 results
All reviewsbonsai treesseafoodjimbaran beachbali stylepool barbalinese architecturebeach chairsegg stationclose to the airportrooms are largereception areagreat pooldeluxe roomwatch the sunsetwelcome drinkresortkuta
Reviewed 6 June 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights for some R and R following a pretty hectic 3 weeks in Java/Bali and Flores island.
We arrived in the dark and were welcomed by the 'gong', were impresssed by the reception building and on first impressions by the grounds. We did ask for a room on the upper floor which was granted as we had read some ground floor rooms were very dark. Initially we were a bit disapointed by our rooms location (in the first block after going through reception) however we grew to welcome its peace and quiet. Glad we asked for upper floor as some ground floor rooms were dark.
Ok the rooms have seen better days however our room was bright (wonderful lighting) cool (good aircon) and had TV, fridge, accessable WiFi, in room safe, bed with mosquito net canopy, antimosquito plug in and complimentary water. Bathroom was a bit basic, shoiwer was fine, water was hot towels were abit thin and the toilet was very low. Room was OK no more no less.
Grounds are lovely, flowers/trees/statues and bonzai trees and the rooms themselves in village stryle lead seemlessly to the pool, restauarnt,bar and beach.Beach is good to watch local fishing boats goinmg out and coming back. Pool is large and fairly clean, beach is also large and for the area cleanish. Loungers are plentyful around the pool and the beach. Beach towels are large. Its an OK place to spend a couple of days resting etc.
Food was so so. Breakfast is fairly standard buffet with a number of choices, we did not like the choice to 'upgrade for a price' to decent coffee or fresh jiuce but the setting is good views of the pool/beach/sea. Evening food/lunch food is OK nothing special although needing something western we had a good sized tasty pizza one day.
Views to the beach area are very good.
One night we had free cocktails on the beach and looked at a balinese dance performance.
There are lots of fish and other food restaurants on the beach to the right and also a bit further away on the left of the hotel. Just walk on the beach. These are quite popular as sundown progresses so much so that coachfuls of tourists from other areas are brought in. Some have music and dancing. Restaurant touts try to get you to dine with them as you walk past. We walked to the open house which wasa decent place to eat.
Staff were fine. Some more friemndly than others although all spoke when you walked past.
We did not enjoy the area however as apart from the beach front there is nothing close by. When you leave the hotel and walk towards the road its just a very busy/hectic unlovely main road with nothing for the visitor and for this reason we would not stay here again.
Hotel is not great however its fine for the price.

Room Tip: Upper floor is best.No rooms have 'good' views due to hotel design
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KevanEastYorkshire
Reviewed 29 May 2018

The Keraton is not the newest resort in Jimbaran. But it is an honest and well positioned property.
Sure, you look around and there is a lot that needs to be done to bring it up to 5 star standard. The reviewers that give it 1 or 2 stars are right in most of their criticisms.

My stunningly Beautiful but Ageing Wife is not as young as she used to be but she is still 5 star to me. So is the Keraton.

All the attributes of a grand resort are there. Big property, large rooms, pool and pool bar, extensive indoor and outdoor dining, wonderful Balinese staff, overlooking the ocean and sunsets to die for!!!!!!!! Life is seriously good at the Keraton. If you do not feel like dining on site then less than 50 metres away you have world class seafood served right on the beach. Life is good at the Keraton.

My last point.
Look at the price. There are many resorts that are newer but you need to take out a second mortgage to pay for the room and eat there.

We enjoyed the experience and will be very keen to go back when we are next in Jimbaran.

Room Tip: A room closer to the pool is desirable.
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lonestaraquitaine
Reviewed 29 May 2018

This is an old style Balinese hotel (3 to 4 star) directly on the beach at Jimbaran Bay. We have stayed here several times before. This time we booked two Deluxe rooms and on our arrival we were upgraded to two adjoining suites of very generous proportions. Regardless of which room type you end up in I would say that this hotel remains excellent value !
It is a traditonal, old style Balinese hotel but its not run down - it was not 5 stars but it was clean and well maintained. It has lovely gardens and the staff are fine.
The hotel pool looks directly out onto the beach and it is easy (no big waves) to swim in the lovely warm sea. There are plenty of hotel beach chairs on the actual beach where you can relax all day in the shade if you wish.
Jimbaran Bay beach is quite during the day (unlike Seminyak) but it is very relaxing.
The breakfasts have improved since we were here last also (I think).
The restaurants on the beach (which are for tourists which which we were) are fine for lunch ie not crowded, okay, and good value, traditional food but I would go somewhere else at night as there are other much better alternatives you can go to then ! Two of the best restaurants in Jimbaran Bay (according to Tripadvisor) are just next door ! We stayed 3 nights and just went to these restaurants - they were excellent !
We (my wife and I) came with our older daughter and 7 month son and this was a very relaxing place to stay.
However the prices appear to vary considerably depending on when you come. The previous time we came to Jimbaran Bay was (Australian) school holidays and the room rates were considerably more expensive SO book ahead and choose your times !
We had a lovely relaxing time here and we would recommend the Keraton .

Room Tip: Prices can vary considerably SO book ahead and choose when you come !
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2018

We arrived here after staying for 6 nights at the Desa Visesa in Ubud, which was lovely.
Arriving here was a bit of a culture shock, to be honest. The exterior of the buildings are traditional, and look nice. The reception area is actually pretty impressive. On the short walk through the gardens to our room, the gardens are mature and full of trees, shrubs and bonsai in pots.
However, the room itself was a massive let down. The room looks like it was last decorated in the 1980/90's, and everything is tired, tatty and needs a lot of money spent on it to bring it up to it's alleged 4* rating. There was half height wooden cladding that was coming away from the wall in places, and the fixtures and fittings were tatty and the odd plus socket etc. were damaged. The mattress on the bed had gone saggy, and really needed replacing, however it was still quite comfortable if knackered.
The bathroom was very American circa 1980. with a bath and shower curtain. The surrounding sealant had rust and a bit of mildew on it, and the overflow and plug surround was pockmarked where the chrome finish had worn away.
Anyway, enough of the room for now - we went off to explore the resort. The hotel goes right down to Jimbaran beach, which is lovely, clean and not at all crowded. There are loungers - a bit of a mixed bag of styles and a bit tired too - and further back tables and chairs around the restaurant. Please be warned - we arrived on a Saturday and the resort next door chooses to spray a rather toxic smelling bug killing concoction at about 3/4pm, so avoid sitting out to eat at that time! Not only did it stink and I didn't want it on my food or to breathe it in, but the tables are under some large trees and the dying bugs were falling off onto the table.
The food at the Keraton is actually pretty decent. We had a few casual meals here, Pizza, pasta as well as a few Indonesian dishes, and all the food was nice.
The pool again needs a bit of maintenance. There are a few large tiles missing off the bottom of the kids pool, so be careful. Pool bar was nice, and we loved the banana milkshakes and the local beer - I must have put on half a stone! The outside loos between the spa and the towel booth are to be avoided though as they are not very clean and a bit smelly.
My husband had a massage in the Spa which is next to the pool. It says it's open until 7pm but we saw the staff leaving about 4.30-5 most days. Like everything else her, it's a bit tatty, and needs updating. The staff all seem a bit demotivated, everyone seems to do only the minimum required. Which is not the case in Bali overall where everyone seems to go the extra mile to give a smile and good customer service.
We did have another problem relating to the room. We got back quite late one evening and found we had no power. Everywhere else seemed OK, so we called maintenance who came out promptly. The guy fiddled around a bit - there were some banging noises - and the power was back.
However, I later got up to go to the bathroom and went smack on my back and banged my head badly on the arm of a wooden chair, as the air conditioning unit had come back on, the pipe had come off, and water had spilled all over the tiled floor. I really went down hard and needed an ice pack on my head which was still painful several days later. Maintenance came back out and emptied the pipes, and put the aircon unit back, and soaked up all the water on the floor. I left a couple of towels down all night though as I was scared of going down flat on my back again.
No one at the hotel seemed remotely interested about my mishap, even though I was sitting there with a great big icepack on my head and in pain.
To end, location - Great; Gardens, -lovely. The rooms however are well below standard and the whole resort needs a lot of money spent to get it up to the standard of a 4* resort.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank debswestsussex
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Had a great stay at Keraton Jimbaran! The hotel is on top of Jimbaran beach, one of the nicest and clean beaches in Bali. Facilities are good and with a wonderful and unique balinese decoration. Really nice staff, as usual in Bali. The gardens and the pool were amazing and well treated. Good quality breakfast with live local music. Rooms are little bit dated but cozy. Location is great, although I do not recommend people to walk around in the streets outside the hotel, nothing to see anyway. I recommend this hotel for those who like comfort and want to relax, away from the crowds and the noise of Kuta.

Stayed: November 2017