“Fast Boat to Gili Islands and Lombok”

Marina Srikandi Fast Boat
Ranked #136 of 163 things to do in Denpasar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Marina Srikandi provides water transport service with great performance fast boats. We are the biggest water transportation solution in Bali since we have many fast boats in the best condition and the most luxury facilities. We aim to build transportation system easier by providing safe and contented domestic and international water services.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Pasig, Philippines
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Fast Boat to Gili Islands and Lombok”
Reviewed April 6, 2016

Marina Srikandi is the cheapest fast boat that I've found online that goes to Gili T, Gili Air and Lombok. And because I was on a budget, I've chose this fast boat for our travel to Gili Islands. We went straight to the port area after arriving in Bali airport. Serangan is just nearby, which I've thought very convenient compared if we would still be traveling to Padang bai, most especially we had just arrived that day from a flight from Manila.

We arrived at the port few hours early. The waiting area is located in a restaurant. Estimated time of departure was 1:00 PM. The boat was on time. Boarding was smooth and easy. Everything was actually convenient. We arrived in Gili Air 2 hours after. I slept the entire time of our sea travel.

For our return trip to Bali, we departed from Lombok. We arrived at the port late, which was our fault. The fast boat was already few meters away from the docking area but happily they returned for us. It could have been so much hassle if we missed it.

Generally, I was satisfied taking Marina Srikandi. The travel was fast, easy and safe.

Visited March 2016

• Korean first
Munich, Germany
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Rude personal and questionable safety”
Reviewed April 6, 2016 via mobile

We took a fast boat from Gili Trawangan to Bali and then a transfer to the hotel. The positive part of this experience was that we made it to our destination in fairly reasonable time. However, I would not choose this company again: the boat itself seemed fine, but looked rather old and the captain kept smoking cigarettes - the smoke went directly into the passenger cabin, where there was nearly no air ventilation. Once we arrived at the harbor, we were put into small busses by extremely rude employees. Last, our van driver texted and read a magazine during our drive to the hotel, obviously a no go in the crazy Denpasar traffic! Needless to say, he didn't speak English and wouldn't stop.
Last but not least, we made it, but I would book this ever again!

Visited April 2016
Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Average..”
Reviewed March 31, 2016 via mobile

I guess we were lucky to get a seat...our fault for not booking ahead.
There was no safety briefing, only beer available to purchase and very little communication.

Perhaps a Welcome to the Islands would have been a nice touch.
My only complaint is that no help was given when tackling the steps alighting from the boat.
Perhaps a minor thing.....but often needed...!

Visited March 2016
MarinaSrikandi, General Manager at Marina Srikandi Fast Boat, responded to this review, April 9, 2016
Thanks for taking the time to review Marina Srikandi. We do provide a safety video for life vest operation, however, and all our crews are trained for emergencies and safety precautions and always assist passengers. I’m not sure why they didn’t help with the steps in your case, but please accept our sincere apologies for the oversight.

I like your suggestion about the welcome, but please keep in mind, Marina Srikandi is not a pleasure cruise operator. We’re a fast boat company; a transportation service much like a ferry or water taxi. Passengers use us to get to the islands fast, safe and for a reasonable price; all of which Marina Srikandi does better than every other fast boat operator in Bali.

Thank you for using Marina Srikandi.
Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fast and efficient!”
Reviewed February 24, 2016

Fast and efficient service and the travel from Bali to Gili was on time and without any hassle. Friendly and helpful staff and there was no problem to change the return date of the ticket when we decided to stay longer at Gili.

Visited February 2016
3 Thank Mikael H
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ok, patient folks”
Reviewed February 3, 2016

Not the most professional or friendly service, but OK. Some of this I think is due to language. Another fast boat service I took had one guy who would sputter unabashedly in broken English, and it was friendly and funny, if not fluent. I don't think anyone on Marina had the English chops, and so didn't speak much. Their shirt says "One Island, One Boat". I think this means the boat doesn't make the rounds of the three Gili Islands and Lombok before crossing the strait. This would make loading/unloading much more straightforward and... less need to speak English.

Not a flattering picture I'm painting, except when I saw the crew helping passengers who got sick on the trip. Conditions were pretty choppy that afternoon. Bless their heart. They were calm, friendly, holding back hair, shoulders, holding out plastic bags.. My goodness. No safety demonstration, not sure if the life vests will pop out of the sealed vinyl stow spaces, but it can't be that bad when smiling crewmen attend to a cabin full of barfing sunburnt backpackers.

Visited January 2016
1 Thank Daniel C
MarinaSrikandi, General Manager at Marina Srikandi Fast Boat, responded to this review, February 19, 2016
Daniel, thanks for understanding. We are trying our best to improve services and appreciate your suggestions. It is very difficult to make sure each boat has an English speaking crew member, but we are doing our best to improve communication on all accounts. We know that seas are often rough and our crew will do everything they can to help passengers stay as comfortable as possible. Again, we appreciate your comments and look forward to your next booking with Marina Srikandi.