All reviewslake viewrooftop restaurantexcellent hotelmeenakshi templetasty foodfront desk staffcityhospitalityluxuryoppoperativescopemarriagechannelsmaintenanceinteriorindia
Reviewed 15 June 2017

The last i stayed in this hotel is in 2014. Since we travel again to Madurai, i recommended to my wife we stay in this very same hotel again. To my astonishment, this hotel is not like how it used to be before! The very first thing that i noticed upon entering the hotel lobby is like entering a 'Sauna' totally not air-conditioned, hot, stuffy and smelly. The room are average. With equipment's seems pretty old. Our level of experience we had back in 2014 and now 2017.. 3 years has drastically changed our opinion of this hotel completely! Apart of strategic place at the heart of Madurai, i would definitely call a quit staying at this hotel. The maintenance of this hotel has to be seriously considered by the management!

Room Tip: Used to be good but now awfully maintained.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Gauthem
Reviewed 25 May 2017

I booked it through goibibo.com and got some discounts however to my surprise even though the place / building looks high class the service and support is pathetic. Check in was delayed by almost an hour not just for me for all the members booked it through goibibo.com. There are two lifts and one of them doesnt work. No Wifi connection (you must be kidding). Tea was served cold and there is not option for us to ask them if they can serve is hot because no one actually listens to you. I had taken two rooms and in one of rooms suddenly the A/C stopped working and took around an hour to fix the issue. However they are prompt and very responsive when it comes to checkout and they will be behind you till they get your luggage out of the room. This is my personal experience only and I dont like to instigate the reputation of the hotel in any manner. Since I booked it through a reference only. My recommendation, use it as a last resort and not suitable for family with some expectation of good amenities.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2017

I checked in on 19th May morning for 2 nights, the room assured was a 24 hr check-in, check-out, I was made to wait 45 min. The evening of 19th we went to the restaurant and ordered food - half the food came in for 2 out of the 4 people on the table and for the other 2 half the food came in and the chapatis did not, on asking repeatedly we were told 5 min but the 5 min happened only after 25 min by which time the food was cold and we could not eat. The operations manager was called but all he could do was aplogise - he came once again only after repeated reminders. Next day while we left to go out we asked for the room to be cleaned, three hours later when we came back it was still not cleaned. We ordered room service and i was asked to sign off on a bill which was not my order and was told that the price was the same - only to find out that it was not and that they were cheating and overcharging me. I once again asked for the Operations Manager and he did not even have the courtesy to speak to me on this. We go to the restaurant in the evening and the staff are extremely rude as they have been caught out cheating and the management is un-responsive, when I ask for the operations manager he is not available - the staff treat you as though they are doing you a favor - is this the way a hotel treats its guests and asks them to pay for services that are pathetic at the least. We decide to go out of the hotel for dinner and when we come back we see that the ac in our room and across the floor is not working. The hotel did not know about it, I had to tell them. On engaging with the operations manager I find that he was most rude and talked back at me without changing my room or even assuring me that the problem would be rectified in a given time frame. Is this what you call a hospitality establishment, i think not. I asked to speak to the MD and was told that I could not - my recommendation to you sir - as owners of the hotel, in your own interest you need to see what is happening in your establishment - If you are full now for whatever reasons this will not last forever. You will see a loss in business. Good luck to you but this is not an establishment I will recommend to anyone. I have traveled extensively in India and overseas and have stayed in all sorts of properties - this one is the worst.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank ishanand2017
Reviewed 18 May 2017

Excellent location, rooms,luxury,service staff. Would recommend that this place is best to unwind. We had a very nice dinner in the roof top restaurant. Very nice view of the Lake in Madurai. Interiors were good but again there is some scope for improvement...

Room Tip: best views
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

Decent rooms with good airconditions. Spectacular views of road, lake, Hills especially in high floors. The first hotel in madurai to have a decent breakfast that is complimentary that tastes well. Food in room service needs more improvement, staffs may need good training.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business