“Arrogant owner of Chitale Bandhu Deccan”

Chitale Bandhu Mithaiwale
Ranked #6 of 122 Dessert in Pune
Reviewed 24 May 2018

No issue that they are best for Amba barfi and Bhakarwadi but being a Punekar and fed up of it, I decided to buy something new to give it to my teachers in the University. I asked the person there and he insisted on buying chocolate almond fudge. I packed half a kg & distributed it to my teachers. Later after distributing half of the sweets one of my teacher told me it had gone rancid. So I decided to eat a piece and could't even eat half of it! I went and told the owner about this. He was reluctant to admit it despite knowing the truth. I had 8 teachers who ate it later after asking told me that it was rancid. But according to the senile owner of Chitale Deccan, I can't understand the taste of sweets!
I am hugely appalled how such big people instead of acknowledging their fault shamelessly blame the customer for their lack of taste for sweets!!! I hope the owner reads this review and treats the future customers properly instead of covering the blame!

2  Thank NIKHILA516

Reviewed 4 April 2018

It is an iconic shop in Pune city. I frequently drop in. The service is prompt. the bakarwadis are must try.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

This sweet shop located in Pune city is famous for many other local sweets. I especially love their mango burfis.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

known through word of mouth, an old establishment very popular with locals for quality and traditional sweets ...those from outside pune also love to pay a visit .. right near Laxmi road, opposite Bank of Maharashtra

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

This famous shop is located in heart of Pune city. It offers quality vegetarian Indian sweets & snacks. The place has maintained quality & taste of all food items consistently great & uniform, over several decades. That’s why, it is one of the most sought after place in Pune city, for getting variety of Indian sweets & snacks.