“Have to go back”

The Big Apple Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 99 Restaurants in Varkala
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

2nd visit exact after they shifting to new place inside Tibetian Market and reopening 2 days

Same good and happy vibrance
With carnatic live music when I came
Indoor and outdoor area
And still the same great people

Due to reopening they still have less menu. But overall its good for hang out and relax

Not only youngster who came here, but also family with kids having their dinner here when I come

1  Thank adhihayu m

Reviewed 30 March 2016

Big Apple is good to get drinks while enjoying live music. The night we went there were several impromptu performances from the audience as well. Some of their cocktails are quite nice.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

I feel really really LUCKY my friend and I found this AMAZING good spot in Varkala. We found the most caring, friendly and funny staff we could ever ask for... Each and every guy is SUPER SPECIAL and that is one of the main things that make this place so UNIQUE. We were in Varkala for 2 months and we really felt like leaving good friends behind, can't wait to be back next season. BIG APPLE CAFE became our FAV place to chill either during the day or at night.The views are fantastic, BEST place ever for a cocktail and snack gazing at Varkala's amazing sunsets. The Music is SuPeR and various, almost every night they have different concerts with very interesting groups. Jam session, Indian classical music, rock covers, but also a very cool dance floor scenary later at night. Cocktails are very good: I suggest the Mojitos :) I miss these guys so so much... I definitely recommend this place, especially if you like good music, friendly atmosphere and typical Indian food.
BIG APPLE CAFE ROCKS!!!

1  Thank DianaCaterina
Reviewed 13 March 2016

They have evenings with nice live reggae music, serve good food and drinks, but the food takes some time.
Still there are many alternative people and I felt really homely there. If you want a good evening with nice music, this is the place to go.

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Nice place once arrived, waiters not very concerned, and the traditional music show was late but nice.

Food was really not nice, took so long for few dishes without so many customers. the naan were actually no naan, the pakora gave us some stomach pain... Not to be recommended beside for a drink watching the show.