The Leela Palace Bengaluru
US$69
US$65
US$57
Hotels.com
Springs Hotel & Spa(Bengaluru)
US$45
US$317
US$246
TripAdvisor
2,235 results
All reviewslibrary barzen restaurantle cirqueroyal clubbeautiful hotelan oasisbusiness triprooms are largeluxury hotelexcellent servicebreakfast buffet isindian foodduty managercoffee shopjamavarcitrusbmw
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stellar service, beautiful grounds, delicious breakfast and gorgeous pool area. A little quiet haven in the middle of the bustling city. Try the Asian restaurant - the sea bass is the best I have ever had.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Jokenmom
Leelapalacebengaluru, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

At the onset please accept our sincere gratitude for choosing The Leela Palace for your recent visit to the city of gardens and also for taking out your precious time to post your compliments.

We at The Leela believe that people make a hotel special, giving it heart and soul. It is my pleasure to share your compliments to the team - I know how much they will appreciate what you have said.

The team and I thank you once again for your time and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been blessed with the opportunity to travel for business and pleasure, mainly in North America, the Caribbean islands, Costa Rica and the Philippines, but never to India. That all changed when I had to travel to Bangalore, India for work in early March. I had heard nice things about the Leela palace from my boss and so settled for staying there for about two weeks.
This hotel will simply dazzle you with their people, the facilities, the service, the food, the rooms and most importantly the team’s willingness to quickly ‘make right” almost anything that does not meet your expectation. I finally got to experience what a 5 star hotel is all about!
The Staff
Upon arrival, I did not even have to stand in any check in line (a first for me). They had me sit down in comfort in the lobby, sign a few papers and in minutes my daughter and I were in our room, exhausted after they long flight from Toronto and layover in Amsterdam. We ordered some room service that was delivered quickly and was so delicious. I used the hotel cab service that is pricy (114 CDN one way with the tip I added) but allows for the bill to be included on your hotel bill and was in a superb worry free cab. The Lela Airport professional team met us almost as soon as I cleared customs and walked me to the driver and car hauling our luggage. I used UBER and the local cab service later in my stay but had to fumble for change to pay for the tolls etc that the drivers expect you to pay. The Lela service is first class and completely worry free. Spoil yourself if you can afford it and then contrast that experience with the local tuk tuk’s later as I did to get the full experience of Bengaluru!
The Concierge’s at the hotel have to be among the best in the world. One in particular, Pratik Vishisht really impressed me with a swagger I would expect from a Concierge. He and they also have a positive air of confidence to make anything right and solve any problem. For example, I wanted to take a side trip to Goa and only had a vague idea as to my plan. I had no idea where to even begin and asked if there was a travel agency somewhere. In minutes, he set me up with an online booking account, explored my options for travel, found the hotel I wanted to stay at in Goa booked everything for me in minutes, called the hotel there and followed up the next day for an Ocean room view I wanted.
Later that week when I was “nitpicking” about the tea cups in my room, he ensured that it was resolved above and beyond my satisfaction. Uber rides and etc all handled effortlessly as well.
Another member was one of the front line staff who work in the hall way. It was very late at night and my daughter and I wanted to visit a location close to the hotel to buy some sweet Indian deserts at a sweet meats Indian store we saw. He immediately volunteered to walk with us, outside the hotel to the place and back. This place too was so great with their selection of Indian deserts to go and super clean.
It is so difficult to single out the various individual team members there, all who smile, are friendly and always willing to help and to offer their services to make your stay more comfortable.

The Location:
I am still not sure what part of the City I was in while at the hotel (because it does not matter really) but it was about 45 minutes from the Airport and about 50 minutes to my place of work. The hotel is gated and they have security everywhere. My 14 year old daughter was safe there while I went to work daily. We took many trips, either walking or using the local ‘tuk tuk’s” and I have never felt safer in my entire life. It’s incredible how beautiful the people in India are in spite of their hardship. India’s traffic is so bad that 10 km away can take 30 minutes or more, so always include a lot of extra time for traffic travel.
The Gym and Pool:
I used both as did my daughter. The pool is really nice, outdoors and they have beach towels on all the deck chairs. It’s rarely used. The attendants will take good care of your needs and provide you with free water. The gym is fabulous and has a wide selection of equipment together with the trainers and others. Lots of towels and water too. I have attached a pic of the gym
Things to do:
Within walking distance of the hotel (so if you walk out to the main road, turn right) you will come to an overpass, cross that, stay a bit to marvel at the traffic that seems so chaotic below you, once on the other side keep walking for few minutes and you will find a really cheap restaurant called ZAITOON, they have Arabian, Chinese and Indian dishes. Prices range from 100 to 400 rupees (the most expensive meal is sea food at 1,800). What a bargain overall and very safe. We ate there many times.
We took a trip via the local tuk tuk to “Commercial Street”, which is about 7 to 10 KM away. BTW the trip costs anywhere from 150 rupees to 200 for this distance. We never had any issue the many times we travelled this way and always opted for it over UBER rides or taxis and it was such a thrill to be “in the mix”, open on both sides, taking in the absolute mayhem, frightening sometimes due to the proximity of each moving object, that is actually so organized in that every car, bike, truck, cows, people or tuk tuk’s uses every inch of space in some weird moving dance that is filled with honking and beeps that are not out of frustration but really part of the warning system to each other.
We bought some local clothes to wear for my daughter (baggy long pants) so she could blend in a bit, plus souvenirs etc. What a bargain. It’s like a giant flea market and so much to see. The streets are narrow and the air is stale, mixed with cows, people etc. You will be right in the heart of the action and really feel the vibes of Bangalore.
We made one huge mistake and that was to have a drink of lemon juice at a place that looked so clean. We asked for bottled water for the juice he promised us he would make our drink with that, and evidently did not. We were doubled over in pain later that day and lucky managed to clear out our systems by later that night. Please remember, you cannot drink the tap water, bottled water brands and ensuring the seal is not broken is your number one priority (cause people will reseal). After that experience, we would ONLY drink 100% proven bottled water or pop or take water from the hotel with us on our trips.
Incredibly, this is where I was able to exchange my American dollars at a Money Exchange (I am Canadian) for the absolute best price ever! They call it “black market” because they don’t pay taxes or something. So, In Canada at the Airport, for $500 US, I could only get 24,000 Rupees (I passed). In Amsterdam, I checked and it would have been 28,000, at the airport in India, 28,500 and here on Commercial Street – they gave me a whopping $ 35,500! Everything looks so sketchy, but it really was not. I validated all of my many bills later and they were perfect. The Hotel too has a good exchange rate but they are taxed so you won’t get the kind of deal you would on Commercial Street.
We also visited Forum mall, which was also about 10 KM away. It had a MacDonald’s and KFC and was like malls in North America. We ate at a restaurant that was a little pricy outside the mall (PUNJAB Grill), a dish there was about 500 rupees, but still this is just 8 dollars American and maybe 10 Canadian for fine dining.
The Hotel recommended the “Bombay Brasserie” which was also about 10 KM away and just 150 rupees by the tuk tuk. The food was really great and so safe. My only disappointment was that they included a large bottle of water for 200 rupees in my bill that we never got 9and took that out when we pointed t to them), I will give them the benefit of the doubt that it was a mistake. Tourists will pay more then everyone else, that’s a given and probably be taken advantage off too.
The hotel breakfast is excellent. You can get both Indian and Western food. No one will ever go hungry. The coffee and fresh juices plus service is amazing. The dinners and lunches are fantastic too. Pricy for sure but worth it if you can afford it. Regardless of what hotel or resort, after a while, you will long for leaving the comfort of the hotel and venture out and explore.
Don’t stay locked on the hotel grounds, use common sense and safety rules, like not staying out after 9 pm, or carrying lots of stuff and money and standing out in a crowd, and you will be fine. The one mind boggling thing when you hit the streets is the pot holes ON THE SIDE WALK. You got to keep your eyes wide open all the time, while you walk and watch where you are going. An entire person could fall through the holes! so it’s not like it’s little holes. I have attached a picture of one that is just 50 feet outside on the street from the hotel. Its common everywhere. We take for granted our safe streets in North America and how if we ever had a hole that size the fire trucks and police plus city would have the area cordoned off lol!. I will never again complain about our taxes at least I know it goes toward safe infrastructure.
If you are really adventurous, take a flight out to Goa as we did, which is on the west coast of India. The hotel stored our luggage safely for us until we returned 4 nights later. And as I mentioned the Concierge kindly arranged things for us. It’s a one hour flight and cost 200 CDN per person return. The beach in South Goa (Colva) was spectacular. We stayed at a great resort (Longuinhos Beach Resort) that cost us about 375 CDN for 4 nights, breakfast included, food there is cheap (on the beach) and safe as is all of Goa. We took backpacks with us with new and old clothes and gave all of it away to some poor people there.
Our trip to Goa was with Indigo, they were so great because they had automated check in so we were on the plane with no effort. Coming back we had ASIA air, what a pain, they only allow 7 lbs of carry on so we had to check one of our bags in and it was time consuming. I will be writing a trip advisor review of that great resort too.
Upon our return, the amazing Leela Palace surprised us with an upgraded room, that floored us, our luggage in the room and my laundry that I had sent before I left – nicely arranged too. This is what I call first class worry free service! it’s how they roll.
Other
For Canadian citizens you have to get a VISA to travel to India. The Indian Government outsourced this work to BLS. Going through that process will try your patience like nothing else in the world will. Its back to the 70’s where you have to fill in forms, print them off and walk them in, waiting in a long line and then in a theater style room. The Staff are rude and will cut you off in mid-sentence. My passport last name has an apostrophe in it, but the application will not allow for any special characters in the name, so they rejected my application and asked me to try and change MY PASSPORT ! and I got turned away.
I later managed to slide in the apostrophe with a black pen and made it look like it was an online entry that the system accepted and passed the test!
You have to be absolutely 100% correct with every little response in your application, no matter how insignificant and format. Get even one thing tiny wrong and you have to redo the entire application online and try all over again onsite. The questions you have to answer will leave you scratching your head. I had to go there 3 times because on my second last submission, I was “missing” the “fax number” of my host in India who had to provide me with an invitation to come to India on our company letter head. They would not accept that we have no fax numbers in the 21 century in our company and so we had to get one to satisfy this requirement. The cost of a visa is about 200$ and once your application is successful the process for getting your passport back with the visa on it is really quick and painless.
The cocktail of vaccines and drugs I had to take was around 825$. Everything from hepatitis A and B to Dukoral and other. Check with your doctor and don’t take any chances. I also took malaria tablets because of my side trip to Goa (not required for Bangalore). I used a professional travel medical agency for all of this and they are worth the money because they explain everything to you and provide the inoculation services on-site plus arm you with everything you need to take with you as additional precautions. I used passport health. My daughter’s bill was about 400 because she is well vaccinated and some of the prescriptions are free under our Ontario health care system.
If you found my review useful, pls give me a thumbs up as I take great pride in trying to provide detailed info for any traveler who may need it
Thank you Leela Palace for a wonderful experience and for allowing my daughter and I to experience one of the absolute best hotels in India and elsewhere I am sure.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
3  Thank mxd

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Leela palace and team thanks you for sharing such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled to learn that you had a memorable stay with ,at Leela Hotels we believe that people are our biggest assets and feedback such as yours reinforces our belief. I am truly lucky to be working with a group of highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals who take personal pride in delivering warm, intuitive and genuine service for all our guests.

I have shared your feedback with the entire team and I can assure you that your recognition will not only motivate them but also help to continuously strive for creating exceptional experiences for our guests.

Many thanks once again for taking the time to write the review. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back many more times.

Sincere Regards

The Leela palace, Bangalore

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was responsible for a group of high level executives from all over the world on an academic visit to Bengaluru. From start to finish the hotel demonstrated exceptional service.

I, in particular, want to stress the incredible work and attitude of Vignesh, the Head Concierge who handled ever logistic issue, no matter how complex, as if it was nothing. There were a couple of occasions totally out of my and the hotels control where my stress levels went through the roof. Vignesh, took such control that I had no choice but to take a deep breath and keep going!

I also must recommend, Namrata who project managed our entire visit. She was swift and efficient throughout and a constant person in the background during our visit, subtly making sure all was well.

Abhishek, the banqueting manager was consistently there and responded rapidly to any conference/ banqueting concerns!

Pratik, cared deeply about my students, checking on them and letting me know if and when we had any issues.

The team therefore guaranteed a successful visit.

If you are considering staying here as an individual or a group don’t hesitate!!!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Karen I

Dear Guest

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay at The Leela Palace during your recent visit to the city of gardens.

We cannot thank you enough for taking time to update your experience on Trip Advisor. Your time and praise is overwhelming and precious to us.

We are delighted to read your fantastic review and sincerely thank you for your kind words of praise on our product and facilities. It is our constant Endeavour to ensure we exceed the expectations that our guests have from us.

Your compliments have been shared with the entire team to whom it always has been a tremendous source of inspiration. Your generous indication of our performance will encourage us to strive for even higher standards of service.

We thank you once again for your appreciative comments and your recommendation and look forward to having more opportunities to welcome you back at your palace in Bangalore soon .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recommend the garden view room with a balcony. The hotel provided a great refuge from the hustle and bustle of daily Bangalore grind. The staff was top notch with wonderful customer service. The hotel is well maintained and offers a quite a variety of services. The breakfast buffet was outstanding with fresh Dosas and omelet stations and wide variety of cuisines

Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
Leelapalacebengaluru, General Manager at The Leela Palace Bengaluru, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hi all,

Last week I was the first time in Leela palace Bangalore.

Let me give you my feedback.

1. Entrance and people are very nice
2 rooms are equal to other 5 star hotels. It’s not that special
3. Restaurant breakfast lunch dinner is ok but service takes too much time.
3. Restaurant a la carte (jamavarah and Zen) food is normal. Will rate as 7.
But the prices are incredible high. This is not normal to the standards of India and also not to compare with other hotels.
4. Evening room service without asking for it is very annoying. I don’t like service without asking for it.
5. Taxi / cab from hotel: 2 km you pay 25€
This is not normal!!!
6. Cafe bar: this is very small when you compare this to hotel Park Plaza. I was in park plaza last time.
7. Security: not sure if they are checking really or just for the “Leela Movie”

Next time I will try other hotel in the same street. Also 5,6 or 7 stars.

Price is not normal for the quality.

Please people. Even it is business trip, please consider again.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business