All reviews dive sites solar powered lights dive master cats and dogs great diving fish boat captain hot water secluded bay mosquito netting open water course the great white wall surface interval over christmas soft corals the entire staff sea life
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

AWESOME place to stay!

Went with my partner and her fam to DB, which they all had there open water license to dive. So I had previously done the theory at home so I was able to do my padi dives as soon as i got there. Rollen was my instructor and he took me through my padi and I was really happy with his teachings. He would make sure you wouldnt miss anyhing when diving, show the things you can touch and what not too. All up the diving was amazing!

Food and service was also great!
We stayed in taveuni for most of our holiday and DB was by far the better food of the places we went to. Our rooms were cleaned twice a day which I thought was quite generous. They would do the main clean in the morning whilst your diving for example then after lunch or diving you would usually go for a afternoon nap, and then go for a swim or a snorkel after your nap and 9/10 times your bed was re made and tent swept out again.

The staff are really nice and welcoming. The staff new everyone by name. A nice group of workers who just got a long together, and they just made all the guest feel like family.

Also we had asked the staff if we could get some carva so we could try it out, two days after we had asked they had sorted it out for us and all the other guest staying which was awsome because it was right on Fiji day, and everyone had a pretty cool time around the carva bowel.

There are many other good things about this place but youll just have to see for yourself I guess.

MARIE & DANRO. Vinaka

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank danrodavek
dolphinbaydiversfiji, Owner at Dolphin Bay Divers Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Bula vinaka guys,
Thank you so much for your review. Welcome to the dive family! We are really happy you liked it and very much enjoyed having you with us!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

My family likes diving holidays and diving with Dolphin Bay Divers is wonderful We go back to this area often, specifically so we can dive with DBD. The people are lovely. I email Zoe to organise in advance; we don't actually stay at the D B D Retreat, but choose somewhere near, with a few more mod cons. This time we stayed with Remote Resort which was also super, and I'll write a separate review of it.

Diving: Rainbow Reef is one of the best areas in the world for soft coral and there are many dives near Dolphin Bay. We've probably done most of them, and they are amazing. Roland has been in the area for several years; and he is such a cool Dive Master. We rent bc etc, and the gear is great. Typically he chooses a good dive for us, depending on currents and weather, then shows us lots of interesting stuff on the way round, which we'd otherwise miss. Each dive has something different; no prizes for guessing why Fish Factory is special. Another big favourite of ours is the Great White Wall; I hung around infront of it thinking, this is the most beautiful place in the whole world.

One of my family is not a diver, but loves snorkelling, and DBD took us all out for great snorkels. It was a wonderful experience for all of us.

So we'll go back soon!!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
dolphinbaydiversfiji, Owner at Dolphin Bay Divers Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Thank you Bernie! As always, we are glad you loved it and I REALLY hope to see you next time!

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Outstanding food, staff, attitude and service. Everything was perfect. The dive sites are the best of Fiji for soft corals (better than what I have seen of Namena) and they also have incredibly beautiful hard corals. Be ready for a color overload! Alice the dive instructor is inspiring and just knows how to content everyone. My favourite dive spots are Jerry's Jelly and White Wall! I hope I can be back.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
dolphinbaydiversfiji, Owner at Dolphin Bay Divers Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Bula,thank you for the great review. Hopefully we will see you again in our new location in Viani Bay!

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I could write about the great diving and the friendly staff. Or about the nice location and the decent food. Or I could write about the rather basic bure, which came with a rat - but they are “working on it”. Two nights of hardly any sleep as a result. It’s exactly the latter why we’d have to go for poor instead of average. And quite overpriced considering the fab options on Taveuni, which are only a few minutes further away from Rainbow Reef...

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
dolphinbaydiversfiji, Owner at Dolphin Bay Divers Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Again our apologies for the intruder.
Yes, the bure are just that, bure. Fijian version of a cottage, basic but with everything you need.
Sorry it did not want to go into the trap or be eaten before you left:-(, Tinka, one of our cats, in the meantime caught it.....Again our sincere apologies.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

This a friendly, relaxed and basic diving getaway that feels like it is right out of the pages of a story book. It is located in a completely quiet and secluded bay of golden sand fringed with palms. Everything is only a few steps from the ocean. The ‘house reef’ has turtles and is easily snorkelled.

Dolphin Divers is close to Rainbow Reef and is really focussed on the diving. There isn’t much else to do here apart from snooze and swim.

The hospitality and food are excellent. Everyone has meals together which gives the place a friendly and communal atmosphere.

You should know that the accommodation and facilities are quite basic. Don’t come here if you need marble bathrooms and fast Wi-fi (although it isn’t actually too bad because of nearby radio masts). The bathrooms are basic and the hot water system was faulty while we were there so staff brought buckets of hot water heated over the fire to our bure when we needed them. It was summer so this was no big deal. Also, while the food is good, the menu is fixed, so you get what is on the daily menu that day. Expect fresh fish, vegetables and fruit well cooked and with plenty of variety.

There are several cats and dogs that live at the site which are all well looked after, well behaved and friendly - although the cats might want to be on your lap at breakfast to grab a cookie or a slice of toast and not because they love you!

We have been away now for just over two months and stayed in quite a few basic dive resorts. This has been the highlight - just the awesome getaway we were looking for. Thanks Roland and the team.

Date of stay: January 2018