“Fine place for a large group dinner”
Review of Jardyland

Jardyland
Ranked #21 of 283 Restaurants in Abidjan
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: I found this Restaurant & Bar by chance, and it is a very popular meeting place for the english speaking expatriate community. Hidden up a narrow alley, it offers a high level of security and discretion.
Reviewed 17 December 2017

My colleagues and I were staying at the Villa Mia and wanted to have a group dinner at a restaurant in walking distance. Jardyland was recommended, and we were overall pleased with the food and service. We were there on a Thursday night, and it was not crowded. The food was "o.k"- nothing to write home about, but there was something for everyone. One problem we did have was that the wrong pizza was delivered to our table (there was a mix-up), and my vegetarian colleague ate 3/4 of her pizza before realizing there was ham in it. Mistakes happen, and she wasn't charged for the pizza - but it is an error that should not have happened. I am not familiar with other restaurants in the area of our B&B, but I do recommend Jardyland for its convenience and menu choice in this area of Abidjan.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

I have been going to Jardyland since 2010 and it has been a slow decline. Like a chance contact with an old girlfriend, You fantasize about what could be, forgetting all of the faults that made you break up with her in the first place. And five minutes into the date, you remember why you grew to dislike her so. That is my situation with Jardyland. Nice location, private grounds, cold beer, but the food is middling at best and expensive as everything in Abidjan is. Service is terrible. Cannot say that enough. Dishes are forgotten, delayed, and even delivered to another table that will then eat the pizza that they didn't order. If there are more than 6 people in the place the kitchen is flailing. Six or less and you'll probably be okay. If you come with low expectations, you could leave satisfied. And it is a shame, because Jardyland was "THE" place to go in Deux Plateau for years and years. Time to break up with Jardyland - Au Revoir!!!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Perhaps this place is vibey and fun at night but for lunch, it was dark and dingy. Menus are old and dirty, service was absent and the food was not very good. Definitely not worth the trip or expense.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Perhaps this place suits people who are more keen on drinking culture? It is very hidden from the road, you walk up a track to the parking area.
Garden is overgrown and untended. A few tatty tables.
This place had a strange atmosphere. Seemed like some 'odd' couples there to me.
TV blasting out. Expensive drinks, we had terrible cocktails with fake juice.
Not very clean. Shame, because I had high hopes for this after reading recommendations.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

This is a relaxed bar and restaurant with an imaginative garden featuring an occasionally noisy bat and a docile pet deer. The place has a very special allure of calmness and sociability, reminding me of the English country pub in a rather different setting. An excellent discovery and I shall keep returning