“Good food but impersonal service”
Review of Nuit de Saigon

Nuit de Saigon
Ranked #16 of 283 Restaurants in Abidjan
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 November 2017

This is a popular restaurant located in Plateau. Within 15 mins of opening (at 7pm), there was already a number of groups and couples seated to eat, or others waiting to pick up a take away. The restaurant décor is formal, with white sheets and origami serviettes stuffed in the wine glasses. The lighting was dim and there was no music playing- but the place was covered with Asian art/ décor.

The Vietnamese restaurant had very limited options for vegetarians. I ordered a vegetable curry with rice, which came very quickly. The food had nice flavours, variety of vegetables and was a good portion size. However, I wouldn’t say that it was an exceptional dish or that any additional effort was made in terms of the presentation (very much home food style). I was happy to receive a complementary dry sweet coconut desert with my dish. Total price for orange juice, water and my curry with rice was 7000 CFA- very reasonable
My main concern was the service. The waiters when waiting were often on their phone and generally more friendly to selective customers- I felt pretty much invisible throughout my visit. The interaction was so limited with customers- the order taking process was extremely quick, the food was delivered before I could even look up, the answer to question were one word- it felt extremely impersonal.
So, while I think I certainly enjoyed my meal, and would recommend the food, I think I prefer going somewhere where I feel more welcome.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

A must in Abidjan. I think the Nuit de Saigon is one of the best asian restaurant in town. Went there several times and the food is always fresh and good

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Although the food is decent, but I was not sure what I got myself into, with dishes from different areas, and executed like a French restaurant.

Although the decor is nice and romantic (set in one of the residential bungalows, the service came with a tad of attitude.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

quite a formal setting, white table cloths, waiters appropriately dressed, delicious food. a nice change to the neighbouring cuisines

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Quick service, good food, friendly staff. Recommend. We went late at evening and enjoyed the food and service. I don't know French and the staff was happy to translate the french.