“William made our trip!”

Medellin Full Day Private City Tour
Ranked #12 of 149 Tours in Medellin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private bilingual guide (Spanish / English), with homebase in Medellín, Antioquia. Personalized service according to your logistic needs and travel expectations. Visits to the city (history, culture, art, architecture, social transformation, graffiti, gastronomy, etc.), support in relocations, commercial assistance, legal support, ecotourism, bird watching, paragliding, hiking, fishing, horseback riding, or what you want to do in Medellin, Antioquia, Colombia, or even to help you in another Spanish speaking countries, etc. I can help you to put it together at your convenience.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I was referred to William by a friend who said he was wonderful. Our experience with him FAR exceeded our expectations. His knowledge of the country, taste in food, and delightful personality made our experience with him unforgettable. He picked us up promptly each time, stopped off at awesome restaurants for authentic food, and even let us take naps when we overate all of the delicious Paisa delicacies! I cannot emphasize enough how safe we felt with him. At one point, a friend went to get money out of the ATM while William and I waited in the car - he thought he saw someone shady and JUMPED out of the car to make sure my friends were okay. This is an amazing guy. He held our purses while he took pictures of us (he has two daughters so he knows the drill!). We couldn't have loved our time more with him.

All reviews
"always on time"
in 3 reviews
"coffee growing"

Reviewed 24 March 2018

To start off, like many others have said, there's not much to add that hasn't already been said about Willi. But I want to add a review here that's hopefully helpful to some of you thinking of visiting Medellin or just coming here for the first time. But even if you've been here 3 times, I still would recommend meeting Willi for a tour. I am from the States and visited Medellin for the first time (first time to Colombia too!) first 2 weeks December 2017. We toured Pueblito Paisa, El Centro, fruit markets, Comuna 13, shopping market, had a great Colombian meal at a restaurant in Laureles, etc., of course you personalize to your likings but getting to meet Willi is a Medellin experience all its own. His love, passion and enthusiasm for his City stand out and is WHAT YOU WOULD WANT in a tour guide and that alone is worth the price of admission. It's all genuine and you feel it and live it while touring and experiencing Medellin. You get a great sense of the people just by meeting Willi. This is a MUST DO, especially for first timers here. But I will definitely use Willi again next time around. Thank you Willi !!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I booked Willi because I read good reviews of him by trip advisor. To summarize, we loved Willi and would recommend him as a guide for anyone wanting to travel to Medellin and its environs.

He is a man you can trust. He is honest in regards to money. He knows the country and the city. We felt safe with him. He is punctual which is not always a Colombian virtue. Willi picked us up near the airport and took us on a tour of Penol and Guatape. He knew the traffic and when it would be bad, he took us to great restaurants, he knew where to buy things. He knew which Hotels were safe and in good locations, he secured for us great prices. He gave us a great tour of the city the next day in Medellin. He was very flexible and was able to discern what our family would like. He even secured a night on a coffee farm near the coffee growing region of Jardin. Willi knows about all of Colombia, and certainly the areas around Medellin. I would certainly use him again and would not think of coming to Medellin or Colombia for that matter without at least consulting him. I whole heartedly endorse him and recommend him.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Our experience with Willi was superb! In advance I let him know that our teen kids don't love traditional guides chock full of historical facts. He promised they would be entertained and boy were they! Willi made the day whiz by. He was SO great about our spontaneous requests/needs (stopping at the bank, a coffee, a juice a bbq chicken!) He just goes with the flow. Driving with Willi was so comfortable & Willi knew how to avoid the traffic! I loved how he would give tips out of his own wallet to anyone who helped us along the way. Of course he is a wealth of information and SO SMART. I think Willi could have any career he could dream of. He was a highlight of our 9 day trip to Columbia and we will never forget him.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

I was not only incredibly lucky to go on Trip Advisor and come across information on Willi, but i also lucked out because he was available to book both a city tour and a day trip to Guatape ( including climbing la piedra).

I am in South America for three months. Being a woman traveling alone makes me very careful in choosing tours and guides. Everything I read about Willi made me feel like he was the only guide I would want for tours of Medellin and the surrounding areas. After spending two days with him, I think if I lived in Medellin that our family would be friends with his family.

Willi is a very sociable, positive, charitable and compassionate person. “There is no fly in his glass of milk”! He sings like a spanish Sinatra, has a big smile, and his laughter is infectious.

He is passionate about his tours AND in educating his clients about his country, his city. During my two days of touring with Willi, he successfully brought Medellin to life because he puts so much of himself into his work. He is willing to answer any question in order to give you an educated perspective on the history of the indigenous people of Medellin through to colonialism, independence, political wars, drug wars, and transformation. He will show you the underbelly of Medellin as well as the transformation that is ongoing in this beautiful city.

Willi knows great local restaurants of all price ranges, safe ATM’s, and the streets of all Medellin like the back of his hand. He also informed me of where it was safe, and where it was not the best idea to go on my own.

I felt immensely honored that Willi took me to a social project that has brought incredible changes to Medellin. However, nothing is perfect and even with good intentions, social programs have their flaws. He was very open in discussing these kind of controversial topics, and how communities can further empower themselves.

I have visited more than 40 countries. Willi ranks at the top for tour guides and for truly being a quality person. The world needs more people like him!!