“Excellent Comida Tipica”

Cuisines: Colombian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My hotel sent me here upon my arrival in Medellin as I wanted to try the local cuisine immediately. This is an open air (with a roof, of course) restaurant in Poblado. It's very comfortable and the servers are fantastic. Although this is simple and homey food, the attire and attitude of the servers gives the place a very elevated feel.

I ordered one of their special dinners and was brought many dishes of traditional Colombian cuisine. There was tripe soup, fried pork belly (Colombian style chicharones), plantains, a large perfectly ripe avocado, salsas, fresh herbs, arepas, ground beef, rice and beans, a fresh banana and other items. I think that this banquet
cost me about $14, including a local beer. The food was excellent and represented a great value.

If you want a well-served example of traditional Colombian cuisine... Mondongos should be your "go to" spot.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,806)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If you are looking for home cooking this is the place to go‼️the classic soup is great is a huge bowl of delicious soup that is serve with avocado ,banana,rice,capers,arepa,heavy on the chunks of chicken Brest is just fantastic menu the family will be delighted with❣️enjoy

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place was recommended on a website I'd been using for my travels called "The Culture Trip". We were staying at a hostel round the corner but arrived before check in. I saw how close this place was and gave it a try. Best move we could have made! Full of locals so you know the food is genuine and good quality, absolutely buzzing atmosphere even though it was just a Thursday afternoon, and the Bandeja Paisa was amazing. Great portion size, a real hearty meal. Good price too, definitely recommend and will definitely go back next time I'm in Medellín!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After a long day of travel we needed a quick meal but wanted 'local'. The hotel suggested Mondongos and it was ideal - good food, swift service and great atmosphere on a Friday evening. We did not try the tripe though....

Alejandra V, Director Comercial at Mondongos, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

For Mondongo's it is a pleasure to be able to provide an excellent service and quality

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very empty. Food was ok. Not expectacular. But pricey. Excellent service though. Sat by the window facing the street a lot of people walking by and guys doing empanadas by the side walk didnt have time to.cook them before they were gone. Will try them next time instead.

Good afternoon, We hope that your next visit will be more satisfied with our service.