Allure Chocolat Hotel By Karisma(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$195
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$228/night.

Hotel Caribe(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/26
Book now, pay at stay
US$205
Free cancellation until 07/26
US$240
US$209
Hotel San Martin Cartagena(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/25
US$67
  • Breakfast included
Patio de Getsemani(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/25
US$98
US$95
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Cartagena Morros(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$94
Priceline
Casa Marta Cartagena(Cartagena)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$54
Priceline
2,318 results
All reviewssan marinorooftop poolold citythe hotel staffall inclusive packagejunior suitebocagrande beachbreakfast buffetbeach chairsan upgradeliving roomvery nice hotelwalled citydel martop floorstreet vendorsvisiting cartagena
Reviewed 31 March 2018

The Capilla del Mar served as great hosts for my trip to Cartagena. They were very helpful with suggestions on places to eat and activities to do within the city. I only gave it four stars because the WiFi at the hotel was very spotty.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Michael D
Gerencia H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Capilla del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Michael, We kindly appreciated your comments and the time you took to share your experience.

Is so heartwarming read this nice experience with the city and the hotel as well, we work to generate these experiences.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I wanted to go somewhere warm in March and chose Cartagena. After searching high and low, I settled on this hotel for three nights and a hotel in the walled city for my final night. I had a suite with two bedrooms and two bathrooms all to myself and found it to be quite nice. It was spacious and the beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were decently appointed. I partook of breakfast each day and it was fine with good variety of fruits, egg dishes, and breads. What I wish I knew before I chose it was that it's on a bit of the beach in Bocagrande was definitely not the nicest bit of Bocagrande. I suspect that you'd need to either rent one of the many apartments that were on offer or find a hotel further down the beach. The beach at the hotel and the "beach clubs" that offered chairs and umbrellas were a bit worse for the wear and chock full of vendors and massage offers every five minutes. The staff in the restaurants was fantastic, but it got very annoying to be asked to show id every time I entered the hotel. The check out was also tiresome. They asked what I'd had from the minibar and I told them. They then asked me to wait five minutes while they had someone go to the room and verify. I travel a lot and I've never had this experience and it was painful to have my veracity questioned over a bottle of water and a candy bar. I then had to show my receipt to the doorman before I could get in a taxi and leave. For this reason alone, I would not return.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank anissa96
Gerencia H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Capilla del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear Anissa.

We kindly appreciate the time you took to share your comments and travel experience.

We are glad to know you enjoy our comfortable rooms, our varied during breakfast and the service of our restaurants.

As for your comment related to the beaches, I would like to inform you that the city authorities are working on a plan of territorial ordering to offer a better experience to the city tourists, however I take this opportunity to mention that the hotel has done several investments to improve our beach area with the only purpose to offer our guest a clean, safe and pleasant space.

We will review our check-out and security processes and we will take corrective measures to prevent situations like these from happening again.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and provide you with our best service.

Cordially,

JULIA A. ARTETA MARTÍNEZ

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Capilla Del Mar must have been around decades. Completely remodeled, the service is top, great breakfast buffet with every local thing you can think of. The rooms are huge, overlook the ocean. If you want a simple good stay, zero fancy, this is the place.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Apeisach

Dear Apeisach, We kindly appreciated your comments and the time you took to share your experience.

JULIA A. ARTETA MARTÍNEZ

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We were scammed by outdoor vendor who made us believe he worked with hotel and set us up with beach chairs. When we left, he made us pay for services. The signs for the beach portion belonging to Capilla are not well marked and can easily be missed and therefore be deceived.

We had a dispute upon check out, they charged us for mini bar purchases which we did not make. Make sure u get staff in front of you to count the mini bar items before you come in and confirm what is in the mini bar and then have them count it again with you. Long line to check out. Be prepared to wait 30 to 45 mins if you’re checking out at peak time of noon. Check in was easy and efficient

The staff are friendly and the pool is gorgeous. Rooms were air conditioned clean large and quiet. Food at the hotel is good but we ate at the local restaurants for variety. It’s about a 20 min walk to the clock entrance or getsmani district.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sue q

Dear Sue

We kindly appreciated the time you took to share your experience. We are glad you enjoy the attention, services and hotels gastronomy.
As for your advices, please take this information into count:

1. The hotel umbrellas at the beach are identified with white colors, and you can always count with a security guard that is willing to help with guests accommodations.

2. As for the situation presented on your check out, we will be review your comments to take the corresponding corrections.

Once again, we appreciated your comments.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

This was the first hotel my friends and I stayed at during our vacation in Cartagena. It's centrally located in the heart of Bocagrande. The staff is very professional, reasonable and friendly. The hotel is really close to the beach, less than 50 yards from the sand area. The hotel is clean and has a modern aesthetic inside and out. Very pleasing. The views are great. There is, however, an "under construction" hotel building right next door which can make the balcony views a bit "blah", but there is still an amazing ocean view and a great view of the lower grounds. The lack of hot water in the shower - it's very luke warm - but other than that - I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. It's made for continental tourists. It would have been great to have had a clothes iron in the room, but aside from that, it was perfect. There was some noise in the middle of the night from street locals - firecrackers. Which was unexpected.

The included breakfast was very nice as well - most of the standard latin breakfast essentials.

Keep in mind, the area outside of the hotel and beach is VERY aggressive. Many street locals/vendors looking to sell you anything and everything - and they won't stop - they won't stop. Be aware of that - and just ignore them. Taxi service is very assessable. I'd stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room view away from the construction areas. Some noise at night from the streets at late hours.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Satterfield74
Gerencia H, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Capilla del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Dear Satterfield74

On your next visit to the hotel keep in mind that iron and iron tables are up to the guest request, it is complimentary and have no extra cost.