All reviews howard johnson personal butler hot tea great hotel block b superior suite concierge department upon checking out moon lake great attention to detail breakfast starts the wi fi definitely stay here again star hotel language barrier business trip birthday cake
Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

Have made many visits to this hotel over the past decade. I am always made welcome and to feel at home.

If you can register for the Club lounge access on the 19th floor. The Happy hour service from 17:30 to 20:30 is so rewarding after a hard day at work.

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed 22 July 2015 via mobile

Great hotel. Extremely friendly staff, well appointed rooms and very close to the train station. I was upgraded to a suite which which may skew my review slightly! The breakfast was excellent and, unusual for China, the coffee was actually drinkable. One very minor point is that it was not easy to navigate the hotel. There are two buildings and several lifts. I had difficulty finding the fitness centre. The signage could be better in this regard. I used the gym one morning and it was not bad at all. I was the only person there which made it even better. There is even a squash court, billiards room, swimming pool and table tennis room, not that I used any of these. All in all, a terrific hotel and I thought the price was reasonable. I'd definitely go back when next in Ningbo.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

It's one of the best hotel in Ningbo if you are on a business trip.
It has dedicated staff for foreigners. Room has been recently upgraded. Very nicely renovated and has the best value for money. Walking distance to a shopping district. Has been staying here and will in future too.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2015

This was my second stay at this hotel and it was very different than my first time. We started our visit with an awful customer service experience. The people at the font desk couldn't find our reservation. I then realized they just kept saying "yes" but didn't really understand me. Even when I showed the reservation confirmation they were not helpful. I kept asking for a manager, but they didn't get one. Finally, someone else came over and was able to help us. Good thing I had a hard copy of the confirmation with me. Then to "make it up to us" they offered us a free drink for each room (2 rooms). Since we had access to the club room, we had free drinks there. So then they said they would do something else for us. When we came back from dinner, there was a letter telling us we would get a discount at dinner, we just needed to present the letter. It was a little too late. The room itself was great. The experience, was not. I should have stayed at the Shangri La in Ningbo. The other two Shangri La's we stayed at during our trip were great.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled on business
3  Thank k l
Reviewed 16 July 2015

Usually I stay in Sheraton or Shangri La in Ningbo. However this time I stayed in Howard Johnson. Building is huge but its more like a local Chinese hotel. Very noisy lobby, restaurants are also basic. They need to add more international restaurants.

Room Tip: Almost all rooms have city view
  • Stayed: April 2015, traveled on business