US$65
US$74
US$96
US$87
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

US$88
Priceline
US$85
US$69
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 29 March 2017

I stayed at the Portman for a week for business. The bathroom was very nice. The bed was comfortable. The cleanliness was a bit low, the carpet was stained and looked like it needed a deep clean. The biggest issue was the temperature of the room. When I first checked in, the room temp was set to 30C/86F. I tried to turn it colder, but the a/c never kicked on. The next morning, I found that I was able to crack the windows to bring in cooler air. After cracking the windows, the temp was able to be managed.

Room Tip: Be aware, shower has a glass window into the bedroom with shear blinds covering.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2015

A hotel which is a part of Sheraton I wonder as the breakfast area is common. The rooms are neat, hotel lobby is ok ok as compared to Sheraton next door. Have stayed in Sheraton too so the rooms are smaller compared to Sheraton, but neat and clean. Room which I got was facing Sheraton so not too much to see with the tower in front of the room window.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2014 via mobile

I would strongly suggest all friends staying in sheraton or visiting ningbo shd stay at portman . Note portman have 2 buildings one is hotel and one is apartment. Apartment building is inside sheraton hotel . So u are always in the sheraton. Even the breakfast is in sheraton . Even they share the same lobby of sheraton. I stayed 2 months before in sheraton the rooms are too old not worth paying the price they ask for the name of sheraton . Really worst. Portman hotel rooms are very small n tiny and old tooo older then sheraton. But portman apartment rooms are the best compare to sheraton and portman hotel rooms. Furniture is new, many lights in room. Bathroom is big enuf and nicely placed . U get micro, washing machine and dryer, hotplate machine , and really was impressed with portman apartment rooms . I had come back to sheraton and portman again only due to good location across the street. Irish bar its always with lit if people majorly foreigners . And the best food available .next to that u have spanish resturant, starbucks, mexican resturant . And its really feels nice in that street. Dont feel u in china city. So if anyone got to stay here just blindly go for portman apartment only . Avoid sheraton an portman hotel rooms . Both are too dated not worth . I would stay now always at portman apartment rooms only for the ease of international food and u will be in sheraton hotel itself so u nvr get the feeling of any 3 star hotel. Check out some pic i hv uploaded .

Stayed: October 2014
3  Thank Ammehta
Reviewed 8 September 2014

We werein Ningbo for a week. We stayed @ the Portman Plaza Hotel. We took the very convenient shuttle from Shanghai- Ningbo. I was a lovely bus ride. 3/ 4 hours. Door to soor service. Portman was ajacent to the Sheriton.

It was raining all the days we were in Ningbo.

We were discriminated against in 1 of the Resturants we tried to eat un.

we just were not seated. They just kept passing us by.

Fibally, we got frustrated and moved on.

Shanghai was very open to Western Tourists.

Ningbo , was, I'm told a Closed Chinese city.

We did enjoy a Ztemple, 2 blocks frtom the Hotel.

It was lovely.

The Breakfast buffet, was a real spread.

With so many different ciltures staying in the Hotel, there was a
wide variety of b-fast treats.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jay J
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My experience at Portman Ningbo could not have been better. It was my first time in China and it really fascinated me. Staff very very kind, excellent room with a huge king size, EXCELLENT breakfast with many options of fruits and other things that I never thought I would eat in breakfast, but you definetely must try.
Yes, for the meals, you have to walk from Portman to Sheraton because they are near and they share the same lobby and yes, like one reviewer friend here complained, they have some smoking problems that they could have already fixed, because they literally smoke on elevators there, but I didn't mind THAT much.
Other than that, if I ever come back to Ningbo, I know where to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family