All reviews tea house indoor pool chinese opera typical park seafood restaurant beautiful resort relaxing stay bullet train tea room steam room front office manager eating breakfast five star hotel western food professional staff bed was very comfortable noodles
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

The lake is lovely and peaceful and the overall complex is nice. A quiet haven in what can be the intensity of travelling in China. Hotel is large and spread out with nice facilities. Some rooms are very tired, the first one we were put in certainly was, credit to the staff they moved us without so much as question when we asked for a better room - Rose was amazing. Remember to bring a bathing cap if you want to swim. There are some beautiful historic buildings like Red and the Tea Room so make sure you explore. The place needs a lounge and bar.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank rachiemcg
Park Hyatt Ning... 宁, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Ningbo Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Rachael M,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to share your experiences with us in TripAdvisor.

We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the stay. It is our pleasure to bring you a wonderful experience in Park Hyatt Ningbo Resort and Spa. Whether the hotel location, facilities, staff, Chinese cuisine as well as the beautiful Dongqian Lake, we are working to provide the “Unique” to our guests.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

The Japanese design office “super potato” obviously have done a good job - this hotel is based on an ancient village and it’s beautifully designed along the original style. We were very much looking forward to experience this place especially when some friends highly recommended the Chinese restaurant here.

The Chinese restaurant was good, the staff was helpful. But we must point out a few disappointments we experienced at this hotel:

1, checkin: I understand the staff are trying to be helpful, but if they start to serve one customer, maybe they shouldn’t let the customer wait and try to multitasking, such as serving another customer or answering calls?

2, no welcome drinks at the front desk, no welcome card in the room or on the TV - this is quite a normal standard these days, don’t you think?

3, confusing signs - we were looking for the “western restaurant” that the staff referred to, but the sign says “dinning”, the Chinese characters are “Happy Pavillon”, we walked up and down the stairs, also asked a cleaner in Chinese but he told us a wrong direction,

4, at the “western restaurant”, we waited a long time for our food. After hassling the staff, one waitress, who is rather sweet, told us that the main dishes were ready but not the appetisers,

5, Room - there weren’t enough wall sockets on the wall next to the bed. We had to ask for an extension cord - please find the photo of our “sophisticated” setup in a five star hotel below (the black charger is from the hotel, for both the lamp and the telephone, originally it occupied the only wall socket),

6, shower - we couldn’t believe that we had hold the shower head instead of putting it on the wall above your head when showering at a Park Hyatt (please check the photo out). I guess you can picture how we showered, not nice,

7, bath - again, please see the photo, the cylinder shaped water switch is very very hard to turn on and off, I had to ask my boyfriend to help and he had to use a towel to grab them. What a design error!

8, the waiting and booking - the restaurants seem quite busy, happy to see the restaurants got a good business. However, as in-house guests, we had to make bookings one day before (no one told us about this when we booked the hotel, we could have ended up without any dinner during the first night). The odd thing is, if a luxury hotel decide to have so many guest rooms, don’t you think they should build enough space for their guests to eat? Or at least treat the in-house guests as top priority before taking guests from the outside?

9, breakfast juices - not natural juices, flavoured and coloured,

We are trying to look at the positive side, and we understand how difficult to achieve a high standard service in China, however the points above are quite basic, we would like to bring them up and wish to see this “high-end” beautiful hotel to be a more pleasant destination.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear LuUrs,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to share your experiences with us in tripadvisor.

We are most grateful to you for bringing this matter to our attention, as it is only through valuable feedback such as yours that enables us to constantly monitor our operation. As a result of your comments regarding your stay experience, I had shared with my respective managers to look into these.

Thank you once again for taking the time to pass on your comments and share your experience and I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely weekend get away, the place is peaceful, grounds are wonderful to wander around. Mark Ren Front Office Manager was absolutely splendid assisting us in reorganizing canceled transport arrangements due to a typhoon which blew through during our stay. Thank you so much we will recommend you and be back.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Park Hyatt Ning... 宁, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Ningbo Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Liz L,

We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the stay. It is our pleasure to bring you a wonderful experience in Park Hyatt Ningbo Resort and Spa. Whether the hotel location, interior design or breakfast as well as the beautiful Dongqian Lake, we are working to provide the “Unique” to our guests.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We enjoyed our stay at the Park Hyatt Ningbo Resort and Spa very much, our room was fabulous. The hotel grounds are gorgeous, we took a walk around and if you're staying there I highly recommend you do that to see all the beauty. We really liked the exercise room and pool also. The staff were always very friendly and accommodating. We had lunch at the seafood restaurant when we first arrived and it was delicious.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Park Hyatt Ning... 宁, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Ningbo Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Robin,

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I am a loyal Hyatt guest. I love their hotels, and have always found their personnel to be friendly, warm and accommodating. Park Hyatts are supposed to be one of the top experiences in the Hyatt portfolio, so I admittedly had high expectations for my stay. I am sad to report that I've had better experiences at Hyatt Place or other lower-tier options than I had here.

It started with the shuttle service to town. We stayed here from Tuesday until Thursday, not exactly peak times for a resort hotel. Imagine our surprise when we went to use the shuttle to town, and were told it was full! No apologies, no offers of alternate transportation for what is supposed to be an amenity at this hotel. We wound up having to call a taxi to take us to town.

Next, my father-in-law accidentally broke a glass in our hotel room. It was regrettable, but he is in his mid-60s and has arthritis, so it was a unfortunate accident. We were charged for this broken glass on checkout! Now, I certainly understand the philosophy of 'you break it, you buy it', but this was extreme, especially coming on the heels of having to pay for my own taxi into town.

Lastly, I was charged a higher rate than I was quoted on Hyatt.com. I will be reaching out to Hyatt about this to have the original rate applied to my credit card, but it was difficult communicating this with the hotel staff. The language barrier was an issue, so we decided to just leave and handle this when we return to the States.

If you are looking for the typical Park Hyatt experience, please look elsewhere. For $300+ per night, this experience did not live up to my expectations.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank S W
Park Hyatt Ning... 宁, Director of Operations at Park Hyatt Ningbo Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear guest,