See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 6 September 2017

the hotel in general is nice the rooms are very spacious and clean , although there were evidence of cigarette burn marks on the carpet but hey i did request a smoking room.
The breakfast is ok quite a varied selection .
But here is the problem the hotel took 8000RMB from my credit card as deposit for a 2 night stay my room rate was only 600RMB for the night, also it took the hotel over 10 days to cancel the pre-authorisation on my card , that is almost £1000 .
Tip : ask the hotel how much deposit they are taking when you check in

Room Tip: ask how much deposit they are taking from your credit card when you check in . Dont get Stung Like I did !!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2016

Very impressive hotel close to all attractions, impressive Foyer and good decorations. reception was fairly professional and always smiling. room was too warm and the thermostat couldn't be adjusted, WiFi was not stable and not useable. bathroom amenities are very good. Bed was very comfortable and clean. Breakfast had a variety of Far East delicacies but little choice for the international traveller. Decent gym, very good swimming pool and spa.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2016

This is one of those landmark hotels that are a great experience to visit with some nice restaurants and other facilities

The building has been well maintained and feels up to date, but the AC was sadly lacking in several of the rooms we occupied. One of my colleagues here was moved four times to get a room with AC that was adequate.

I'd stay here again, but I'd want to check the room to make sure it has a working AC system

Breakfast was OK. Coffee was sadly lacking in character so we bought Starbucks each day.

Overall this is a worthy place to stay

Room Tip: Make sure the AC works before you unpack. Rooms facing the sun get hot
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2016

Got to stay in Nanyuan hotel last week when I was on a business trip in Ningbo. Very tastefully designed hotel, high ceiling and grand reception area. I was staying in the deluxe king room which has a living area, a walk in wardrobe and spacious bathroom with a bathtub.

The service of the staff was friendly and professional. I tried room service twice and the food was delivered 30 minutes as promised. The only complaint was the inconsistent WIFI which seemed to be stronger in the late evening and sometimes disconnected halfway in the early morning.

The spread of the breakfast spread was good but mostly oriental dishes. There were mostly chinese tourists or people like me who are on business travel. One of the best deal was there is a STARBUCKS coffee in the hotel which was absolutely wonderful for someone like me who crazed for quality coffee.

Overall, the stay in this hotel was comfortable and pleasing. I would recommend for business stay given the service standard of the hotel staff.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2016

My husband and I were looked after very well in this hotel when we first came to Ningbo. The room was comfortable, with a mattress that wasn't too firm, a deluxe-sized shower, sweeping views, and one of the best breakfasts I've ever had in China, with a good range of different kinds of Chinese food and a more modest (and not entirely authentic) selection of western breakfast foods--but the Chinese food was so good, we concentrated on that and got our coffee elsewhere. The staff brought out more food as soon as one dish was emptied, and it was the first time in my life I've managed to have as much dim sum as I want in one sitting. The staff didn't speak much English, but they did their best. All in all, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple