2,951 results
All reviews horizon club lobster bar yi cafe the river tennis courts beautiful hotel breakfast buffet lobby lounge business trip tianyi square business hotel shangri diane vladimir china gym singer
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We come here for our business. And it’s really nice to meet Lisa who work in Guest Relations. She is so kindly to give some suggestions for Ningbo. We enjoy our life in Ningbo after working. Thanks a lot dear Lisa and see you next time!

Stayed: November 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with 单个酒店
Michael-Zhao-GM, 总经理 at Shangri-La Hotel Ningbo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us on your recent visit to Ningbo. Once again, we thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon at Shangri-La Hotel, Ningbo.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited in few days ago,actually is my first time be Ningbo,there was no one I knows before,when I arrived,I don’t anything about this city,however I am lucky to meet Ms.lisa from guest relations office,she is so responsible and so nice to me,she introduces very interest viewpoint for me,it is nice journey,thank you lisa,looking forward to seeing you next time

Stayed: November 2018, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with 单个酒店
Michael-Zhao-GM, 总经理 at Shangri-La Hotel Ningbo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

The Shangri-La hotel has improved over the past two years. I stayed on the club floor. Service was excellent. Accommodations were comfortable. On my last stay, I had a ton of trouble with the thermostat in the room as did my colleagues. I didn’t have any issues this time round, and the room was a comfortable temperature throughout my stay.

I was disappointed that the in room “coffee making facilities” noted on their website was simply instant coffee! I expected an actual coffee pot. Coffee was available on the club floor, but that wasn’t accessible during early morning jet lag wake ups! Most hotels at this level provide real coffee in room.

I had some troubles getting my computer connected to the hotel WiFi. The staff was very helpful, ultimately calling the service provider to get everything set up.

Room service dinner one evening was quite good. Very generous portions.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business
Michael-Zhao-GM, 总经理 at Shangri-La Hotel Ningbo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us on your recent visit to Ningbo. Once again, we thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon at Shangri-La Hotel Ningbo.

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

I have been working in Ningbo half time since May and have clocked up some 100 nights of stays in the Horizon Club rooms.

The hotel is a nice mix of modern and traditional with huge lobby and good sized rooms. It is traditional in its appearance, even to staff uniforms. Not so much Chinese more more colonial South East Asia.

Good hotel, good food, good rooms, excellent location on the edge of downtown. Not everything is perfect all the time but the staff are service oriented and wanting to help and are friendly. Not that often the case in China for foreign visitors.

English language level is good. They have a number of foreign staff employed including the French-Canadian executive chef. I am a long time worker in China and this is not that common and getting more rare much to the detriment of the hotels’ service towards non-Chinese guests.

The one proviso I would make is that the hotel has a large and successful events section and occasionally when a very big event is on the staff get stretched and service slips a little.

Stayed: November 2018, traveled on business

Reviewed 29 October 2018

Having been here some years ago it was nice to come back. This is a large hotel with lots of facilities. Everything is 5 star including all the staff I met. My room gave access to the Executive Lounge on the 28th floor which is superb with free use of meeting facilities, coffee and alcohol between 5.30 and 8.00pm although we carried on until 11.00pm. My room had fantastic views over the river and city and at night time everything is lit up its quite spectacular. A comfortable quite large room with every facility including WIFI, very soft bed, clean bathroom with every facility. We ate in the main restaurant on the 2nd floor and the food was Ok, to be honest not the greatest I have eaten but maybe that was down to my choice of food. Would I stay here again, definitely it is first class and not bad value.

Room Tip: Go for a room with access to the Execurive lounge
  • Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business
Michael-Zhao-GM, 总经理 at Shangri-La Hotel Ningbo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018