All reviewswanda mallshopping mallnice hotela recent business tripthe club loungerestaurants and shopsexecutive floorspecial thanksbreakfast buffetmain restaurantnice staywestern foodrooms are spaciousnon smoking roomlobby barenglishchina
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

The Sofitel Hotel in Ningbo was a wonderful experience. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. The reception staff were able to help us arrange our trips around the city and book our train to leave. The room and breakfast buffet were both perfect after a long trip from Shaoxing. As expected from Sofitel, everything was clean and in order. The location is conveniently placed right near the Ningbo Museum and a short cab ride away from other cultural highlights. I strongly recommend the hotel. Make sure to ask for Lily, Frank and Xavier for any helpful local hints!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank henryantenen1
Reviewed 19 February 2018

In general, the Sofitel in Ningbo is not the best hotel that I have stayed in in my life, however it is quite good for China and is one of the better hotels available in Ningbo. I would stay here again if travelling to the airport the next day for one main reason, the food available on the room service menu was mostly western and was tasty. I ordered Earl Grey Tea, vegetarian lasagne and Eton Mess for dessert, all of which were lovely. They also served us a beautiful salad and 'normal' chips/fries, like what you would get at a restaurant at home. We did however go downstairs to get a coffee in the bar area which was awful. I have to say that this has mostly been my experience of coffee in China for the past 4 months. I would not recommend it if you are staying here and are used to good Italian coffee. We got cakes downstairs in the little store within the hotel and these were ok, although very sweet (I think this is quite normal for cakes etc in China). We had absolutely no problems with the staff at this hotel, they were helpful and spoke good enough English.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelblonde87
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

People at reception speak hardly English, carpet of rooms are absolutely disgusting (and I tried so many of them in a few stay), breakfast is Chinese, no service, you need to help yourself at the coffee machine and clean your table unless you are ready to wait for ages !! Stay somewhere else. I am Accor gold member.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank BrunoC755
rainingelleTT, Manager at Sofitel Wanda Ningbo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Dear BrunoC755,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Ningbo. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies with all the issues you have encountered during your stay at Sofitel.

Regarding the Staff English skills, hotel Learning & Development department launched the English Corner to the new trainees, in order to help them get into the job role & improve their professional skills as soon as possible.

For the room carpet, I have shared your constructive feedback with our Housekeeping team to take immediate corrective action. Also since the middle of 2017, hotel started the full room maintenance programs which include change the room carpet and this project will continue this year according hotel occupancy.

I fully understand your disappointment on your breakfast experience which is absolutely not acceptable. We will take immediately corrective action.

Please rest assured BrunoC755 that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

My sincerest apologies again for the inconvenience it has caused you. For anything you might need in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime or send me an email (gem@sofitelningbo.com). Eventually I'll also be pleased to meet you if you decide to stay with us again.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Sunny Zhang
Guest Experience Manager
Sofitel Ningbo

Reviewed 16 January 2018

I come every year and enjoy it every time. In fact, I look forward to staying here! The attention to service detail, the gracious ease of the staff, the maintained amenities and the spectacular buffet are a joy. This was my first time in suite,

A scented lobby, 1st rate Club Millésime, and obvious care make this an outstanding hotel.

I'll be back again.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank ChilliGarlic
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for one night during my business trip to Ningbo.
The room was very specious, great bath. Breakfast is rich (
Also with western food).
Swimming pool is great.
I would recommend this hotel

Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business