All reviews the executive lounge diamond member nice suite corner suite cold room cocktail hour team members gorgeous hotel breakfast buffet business district cab ride upgraded to a suite top floor chinese restaurant the entire staff software park lounge access
Reviewed 26 November 2016

Hilton Chengdu was a standard Hilton-clean, comfortable and well located. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The only issue was did choices. Extremely limited for vegetarians. Limited interest to offer alternatives too.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Bill F, General Manager at Hilton Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Dear VenkySV,
Warm greetings from Chengdu and thank you for sharing your impressions of your recent stay on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you highlight this issue as we have embarked on an effort to make substantial improvements to the quantity and quality of vegetarian options as well as the way in which we communicate this information between departments to better serve our guests. We are very eager to have the opportunity to serve a variety of guests; please know that we can and will improve.
Again, I thank you sincerely for highlighting this issue. I apologize that we did not have a very good selection on your recent visit but please trust we will address the issue immediately. I hope we may welcome you back to Chengdu in the near future.
Bill

Reviewed 19 November 2016

I work nearby and occasionally need to stay in this hotel to attend meetings. I personally witness the hotel's development from its grand opening till today.

Pro:
- Superb facility
- Spacious room, I especially love the bath tub.
- Excellent gym facilities (indoor swimming pool and gym) that are free to all guests.
- Breakfast starts early at 6 am with lots of choices
- Staff are very attentive and welcoming

Con:
- More and more tourist groups means breakfast may be crowded between 7 and 9
- Far away from downtown (well, this hotel targets people in hi-tech zone) with little sightseeing around

There is a small plaza with decent restaurants (Sichuan, Japanese, western food, hot pot, and coffee shops) behind the hotel, less than 5 min walk. Google manncoffee or citadines. Starbucks is not far neither. No need to walk along the main avenue for 800m to find restaurants

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank cd358
Bill F, General Manager at Hilton Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Dear cd358,
Thank you very much for your kind assessment of Hilton Chengdu! I'm glad to know you have enjoyed the hotel's services and facilities on your recent stays. I have just tried Good Grains in the plaza behind the hotel; they have a café-type environment and offer western-Asian fusion cuisine that is quite good. Unfortunately they don't have a listing on TripAdvisor yet but I'll review it as soon as it comes up. I'm always surprised at how quickly new things are opening up in the neighborhood.
Regarding the breakfast, I would agree that sometimes it can feel crowded. We have embarked on a project to convert more adjacent space into restaurant seating which will finish by March, just as things start to get busy again.
I hope we can welcome you back soon, and thank you again for your comments.
Bill

Reviewed 10 November 2016

We spent two nights at this hotel and can not speak highly enough of staff and service.
Check in process was smooth and quick. We staying in an executive room and had access to the lounge which had the usual complimentary drinks, cocktail hour etc.
Our room was large, clean and very modern. Everything working.
We ate in their Chinese and Italian restaurants, food very good.
Their breakfast on the ground floor was amazing. So many different stations with so much choice, western, Asian. Lots of staff working away cooking lots of fresh things. All the waiting staff were attentive, continuously clearing plates away.
My husband had a cold which one of the female waitresses in the Chinese restaurant had noticed. She appeared with a complimentary glass of local tea that the Chinese swear by for colds. this was very thoughtful of her. After that we would call room service or visit the executive lounge and they were always able to provide this drink.
We used the room service for a couple of meals. Was very good also.
All staff across the hotel were attentive, eager to help, went out of their way to see if could offer anything else to make our stay more comfortable. All staff spoke from mid to fluent english, so there was no problem communication with them. Concierge also spoke perfect english and organised a few taxis for us. Hotel is 20mins from the airport so very convenient.
If we are ever in Chengdu again we will definitely stay here. Service from all staff was top quality, how many chains used to be but have lost it over the years. Other hotels should learn from this hotel!!!

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
Bill F, General Manager at Hilton Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

Dear Italian kilt,
Warm greetings from Chengdu, and thank you for such a kind review! It was our pleasure to have you with us and we hope you may have an opportunity to come back again.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

The service at this hotel was spectacular! I am an American, and there were smiling, helpful, courteous faces all around the hotel. They all spoke English very well. The rooms were fabulous. Amazing deep soak tub, beautiful round showers. Everything in the room was top notch and very comfortable.
A first for me...one of the staff hand wrote a note about some fresh fruit (which I enjoyed eating daily) and ensuring that I enjoyed eating it while it was fresh. That is such a rarity to have a hand written note from staff at such a big hotel. Clearly service is top priority for them, and you can see that from the second you enter the hotel. GREAT JOB!!

Room Tip: Great view of the city!!
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business

Dear Maura G,
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We know you have lots of choices when traveling and it is so important to us to show our guests how much we appreciate them for choosing to stay at Hilton Chengdu. I wish you safe travels ahead and I hope we may welcome you back someday soon.
My best regards,

Reviewed 10 November 2016

This hotel is truly awesome! It is still pretty new, one year old, but the customer service is great. We got upgraded to a very nice suite, the room itself is very large with nice bathroom. We stayed for couple of nights, then left for Jiuzhaigou and came back, and got upgraded to another suite. Everything is super. The lounge is very nice and quiet, the staff is very friendly. We had breakfast downstairs and the place was always busy, but it did offer quite good selections. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear Young L,
Greetings from Chengdu! We really appreciate your comments and happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the upgraded room; we like to ensure that our HHonors Gold and Diamond guests are treated to the best we have to offer. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.