“Chengdu day tour to Grand Buddha with high speed train to Leshan.”

Chengdu-Private One-day Tour Guide Summer
Ranked #50 of 88 Tours in Chengdu
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

This was a great day tour. We chose this tour because of the high speed train trip to Leshan. Ivy our tour guide made our trip so memorable with her expert knowledge and guidance. The fish lunch by the fishing village was delicious. We are seniors and handled the steps up to the Grand Buddha without a problem. Many people so the pace was easy. Marvellous views from the water below looking up to the Buddha. Thank you Ivy for such a lovely and informative guide.
We now want to come back next year.

1  Thank Juliet D

Reviewed 26 April 2017

once in alife you get such amazing guide!!!
We travelled with Alex in April 2017 and visited;
Pand base in chengdu, Leshan- cruising to the giant Budha,
Emishan - touring mount Emi attractions including monkeys area- emazing 6 hours,
Kunming- unforgettable stone forest!!!
We miss you Alex/
Have more great days and wish you the best.
Queen Sara & Eli

1  Thank _pere_eli
Reviewed 19 June 2016

We spent two days in Chengdu with Luna from Odyssey tours. We were in China for 17 days with Odyssey and Luna was the absolute best. Not only extremely knowledgable, but also very friendly, kind, generous and as many adjectives that you can use. We happened to be there on my wife's birthday and at lunch she had purchased a small cake unbeknown to us as a surprise, with her own funds. If you happen to tour Chengdu and can get Luna as your guide, you will have the best time ever!

Reviewed 30 March 2015

I went on a 6 days / 5 nights private tour to Chengdu / Jiuzhaigou in October 2014.I spent 2 days in Chengdu and the rest in Jiuzhaigou valley.

Since it was my first trip to China and I was a single female traveller, understandably, I was initially apprehensive before the tour. However, all my initial reservations disappeared once my tour began. I have decided to go on a private tour because I could not find a group tour which can come up with the itinery that I wanted.

From the onset, it was a pleasure to deal with Wonder. He made me a detailed itinery, specific to my wishes , down to the hotels that I preferred. I must say that he has honoured and stuck to our contract throughout my tour. He also phoned my tour guides on a daily basis just to make sure the itinery went on as planned and to make sure that I was ok.He was contactable at all times and any problems were sorted out very quickly and efficiently. He was also very accommodating and was willing to make changes in my itinery at very short notice whenever possible.I have found him to be reliable and trustworthy.

The tour guides were all very professional and knowledgeable. I was very happy with them.They spoke fluent English and were very knowledgeable about the places that we visited. They took care of everything, from meeting me at the airport, check- in into hotels, arranging for meals, transport, tickets for shows and checking in for my return flights. I was impressed that they would go out of their way to make my tour comfortable, hassle free and really tried to give me a memorable hoilday. They were prepared to work till late evenings. As a matter of fact, they would wait for me while I watched some shows in the evenings and one of them was even so kind to buy me an adaptor which I had lost in a hotel.

In Chengdu, I visited the Panda Research Centre, Jinli Street,Sichuan Museum and a silk factory at my request. i was not obliged to visit any factories throughout my tour.

Then, I flew on to Jiuzhai Valley and had another 3 days of private tours; 1 day in Huanglong Park and 2 full days in Jiuzhai National Park.I was glad that I flew return to the valley because the roads up there are really winding and being prone to travel sickness , it would have been a disaster for me to be sick.

I was met by another tour guide there. I am really glad that I took a private tour because I had my personal tour guide who walked with me at my pace throughout the Jiuzhai National park. She knew all the scenic spots and pathways by heart and made sure that I did not miss any important spots.Because she knew all the places so well, we could cover most of the scenic spots on foot in detail.She would walk with me and explain every lake, waterfall and other spots. She explained in detail all about the history, myths, customs and religion of the tribes there. It was an eye opener for me.I am sure I would not be getting all these explanation if I had gone in a group tour.Most group tours tend to be rushed but I was not rushed at all. I had ample time to take all the photos that I wanted , time to have meals and some shopping for souveniers and even short rests at beautiful spots where I could linger and just soak up the magnificent natural beauty.

Jiuzhai Valley is an extraordinary , beautiful park. It is my personal opinion that 2 full days are required to do the park justice .It is difficult to rush through the scenic spots in a day especially when there are massive crowds and queues everywhere.It was worth it to pay the hefty entrance fee for 2 days. Because I had 2 full days, I could do a hike with my guide who accompanied me throughout the trails to the 3 major valleys. I came away feeling satisfied and had lots of marvellous photos to show.

I was especially pleased that on one occasion, my tour guide took me through a small path , away from the tourist crowds. We walked at our pace and saw some smaller lovely waterfalls and lakes. I did not have to jostle with the typical crowds and could take my time to take some truly picturesque photos and videos. I am convinced that if I had joined a group tour , I would not have been able to see and explore the national park as much as I did.

My advice to travellers is to go on some fitness training before the tour. You have to be prepared to do a lot of walking for this is the best way to see the best views. Taking the bus to just the best scenic spots would be cheating and would not do the park justice.The only downside of the trip was the crowds. Be prepared for massive crowds, they can get unruly at times, especially when it rains, so do bring a raincoat or umbrella.Also be prepared for the less than ideal toilet facilities. Bring lots of tissues as handwash and tissues are not provided.

Due to my excellent and friendly tour guides and Wonder's meticulous planning, I had a fabulous holiday and a great time in China. I would highly recommend Wonder Wang and his tour agency to all my friends and family. If I return to China, I would certainly go through Wonder and his agency again. So, a big thank you to Wonder and all my lovely tour guides for making my holiday a truly memorable one!

Dr YS CHEN-PELFRENE