2,770 results
All reviews cafe z horizon club across the river irish bar bars and restaurants river view lobby lounge concierge staff corner room excellent hotel great facilities room was spacious panda reserve chinese restaurant fitness center breakfast buffet special thanks
Reviewed 16 November 2015

As always with the shrangri-la group of hotels, this was an hotel of impeccable standards.

It was made extra special for us as we were upgraded to one of their exquisite suites.

The staff, as always, were friendly, helpful and totally professional in every aspect.

A wonderful experience with the added bonus of visiting the pandas. The day before we arrived a pair of baby pandas had just been born and we were lucky to see them via a live web cam.

Hopefully we will return one day to this amazing city and to stay in THE best hotel in chengdu!

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank diarykeeper
Reviewed 8 November 2015

We had a Horizon club room for our 2 night stay. We were upgraded to a suite. Spa experience good. Chinese restaurant food good. Staff friendly. Went for a drink in the lobby bar which was not enhanced by the in house singer who was Western, singing in English, but we couldn't make out the songs she was attempting to sing.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
Thomas-Gou_GM, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2015

Dear Glasgow153,thanks for your sharing and glad to know that your had a pleasant staying experience with us. Your recommendation is indeed encouraging and we will strive for the excellent Shangri-la service as always. Thanks again and we look forward to your next trip to Chengdu soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2015

We came to Chengdu to see the Pandas, but there is so much more, This is a Foodie city in Sichuan so there are huge numbers of places to go. The Shangri La Hotel is a fantastic place to stay. The rooms are big, very quiet and have all the top amenities that you would want, but the best amenity is the staff. They are fantastic. They are friendly and their English is perfect. A number of them have spent a good deal of time either going to school in or visiting the West. They are very helpful in showing you where to go and how to get around.
We stayed on the Horizon Level. it is fantastic. Sunny, the manager sets a very high level of both service and friendship. Her staff, especially Kay, Cher, Olivia, Josie and Caroline made our stay special. They are the part of the trip you will remember long after the trip is over.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor. If possible stay on the Horizon level. High views from 12 to 36 level are great.
  • Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Joseph N

Dear Joseph N,thanks for sharing your thoughts on the recent stay. We’re delighted to know that you enjoyed our services, thepanda concierge and breakfast offerings in particular. As the brunch of Shangri-La, we align our decoration stylish with Shangri-la, by offering a luxurious environment complete with modern furnishings, relaxing colours and etc. Hope you will continue to choose Shangri-La as your preferred accommodation brand and we at Chengdu look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2015

I went for my treatment of 120-minutes, silly me that I can't estimate my time from home to the hotel causing lateness. However, the receptionist was very kind to move my appointment to later time and didn't effect treatment time. Hufff....

They served traditional tea that help me to ground myself. Love the arrival experience.

Then the treatment began, I started with changing and use their shower facilities. Was relaxing, felt clean. My therapist was explaining what to expect from my treatment. The pressure I got from my treatment was on the spot. She really know how to released my knots. I had 60-minute massage and 60-minute facial.

Post treatment was the tea ritual again and felt renewed.

I do look forward to come back for my treatment :-)

Tips :
1. Take a hot shower before you spa treatment -- trust me, it helped.
2. Try not wear disposal underwear.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo
2  Thank arunikaekawati

Dear arunikaekawati,thanks for your sharing and we are indeed encouraged and humble at the same time by your FULL score of Chi spa. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2015

I had four nights here as I was working in Chengdu. It is my second time at this hotel. It gets even better.
Lovely clean well appointed rooms. The Horizon Lounge is very good indeed - Olivia and Vivienne took very good care of me this trip. It's a friendly happy atmosphere there, not like several other Shangri Las where staff are pretending to make you feel welcome because it's their job to do so.
Good to see senior managers regularly check all is well in areas of the hotel and interacting with guests.
Good location, great hotel thanks!

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank UKtog

Dear UKtog,thanks for sharing and we are pleasant to know that you enjoyed the stay with us. Your compliment to our staff will be sent to them accordingly and it is believed to be truly motivated. Chengdu is the historical capital with diverse tourist options, and we look forward to seeing you back soon.