Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 20/05/21
eDreamsUS$300
FindHotelUS$263
Agoda.comUS$302
2,195 results
All reviews kuan zhai hot pot minute walk alley jasmine facilities china
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 March 2021

The hotel is located in the historic heart of Chengdu near the bustling Kuan Zhai Alley with its cobblestone streets and the traditionally built housings. The hotel design puts great attention to detail.

Even the style of the hotel is rather traditional, yet the facilities are very modern and the staff provides a fantastic service. We booked the Chengdu Suite in the hotel and were surprised by luxurious 90sqm with a huge balcony. The room was comfortable and a big snack platter including fruits and cookies being seasoned with Sichuan Pepper. as a welcome gift. The taste of this cookies was pleasantly ma (a numbing spiciness typical for the Sichuan cuisine).

The stuff was friendly and was assisting us will all our requests, also providing us with sufficient cookies and tea as well as additional facial masks and disinfectant.

We enjoyed the inroom breakfast as well as the one in the restaurant. Our preference was definitely the inroom breakfast because you have more choices of foods. What is also a big plus is the freshly squeezed orange juice, which is not that easy to get in China.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stayed and could imagine to come back to this hotel in the future.

Room tip: Ask the staff to help you booking the Xiaolongfan Dajiang Hotpot to be seated quicker and get a 15% discount on the bill.
Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 15 July 2020 via mobile

The service is very good. The staff are very friendly especially the staff on the second floor Wilson was a very considerate staff during my stay. It brings a lot of convenience to my trip to Chengdu. Next time you come to Chengdu, you will choose the fishing platform Chengdu as my place to stay on the trip.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 18 December 2019 via mobile

The hotel was superb... The staff is marvelous.. Overall for me is a multi star hotel... Thanks to the staff for making us feel like home especially Jasmine the lady at the front desk.... The hotel is situated right in the center of Chengdu city and there's alot of activity around that area

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2019 via mobile

I booked into the hotel and I've got the say it‘s absolutely stunning.The staff were amazing,from making sure I got into the right taxis in this morning,to figuring out which electronic market I should visit...(thank you Young Zhuang from the reception)

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2019

My husband and I are frequent travelers - we do about 4 international trips a year - and we love boutique hotels. We make it a point to find great 5-star hotels throughout our travels across Asia and Europe, and Diayoutai is, by far, one of the BEST we have EVER stayed at (and we've stayed at some really wonderful places in the Maldives, the South of France, Rome, etc etc....) Someone told me that no one does 5-star luxury quite like the Chinese, and I have to now believe that is a correct observation.

We loved the interiors of our room so much that we took photos and plan to incorporate some of the bathroom details into a future home project. A weird observation, perhaps, but everything in the hotel smells incredible. The only thing I don't recommend is the hotel food - I didn't think it was very good - but it wasn't a negative consideration for us, as there are many amazing noodle shops within a 5 minute walk, and which I think provide a more authentic and local experience.

Two notes: (1) if you don't speak Chinese, you may have trouble communicating with some staff at the hotel, including the housekeeping; (2) the hotel is in a very busy, tourist-attracting alley, which is convenient but I'd suggest trying to get off the beaten path for a more laid-back experience. There is a subway across the street, which we found very easy to navigate and use.

A special thank you to our room attendant, Ada, who made sure our lodging was well-kept and that we were well supplied with bottled water and bathroom essentials. Also thank you to all the girls at the front desk (Jasmine) who provided endless and spot-on recommendations for dinners and hot-pot. We arrived at Diaoyutai off a 24-hour train at 9am, and though check-in wasn't until 2pm, the front desk was INCREDIBLY accommodating and seamlessly arranged for our room early, so that we could rest and shower without a wait. I cannot express how much we appreciated this kindness. Thank you also to the doorman who always made sure we could quickly escape the cold and crowds, and helped us hail taxis even during the busiest traffic hours.

Date of stay: November 2019