1,111 results
All reviews the club lounge guest recognition flair bar club manager chief concierge chinese restaurant nespresso machine lounge staff the general manager beautiful hotel special thanks fitness center housekeeping staff hotel experience perfect stay the hotel manager tianfu square
Reviewed 9 June 2017

My wife and I had an amazing stay at the Ritz Carlton Chengdu over the June 2nd-4th weekend. Truly a luxury hotel and lives up to the Ritz Carlton name! Very attentive staff and five star customer service, smooth check-in process. Would highly recommend the lunch buffet as well which had a great selection of seafood, meat cuts, dessert, and even a children play area!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Vito R, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear wukeyi2001,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review. We really appreciate it and I will make sure to share it to the team. We are delighted our Ladies and Gentlemen took really good care of you.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in Chengdu.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I have been a Marriott gold member for some time, and this reservation was booked via the Amex fine hotels and resorts as a Platinum cardholder of Amex. This was my first time using the Amex FHR as well as my first time visiting Chengdu. You might have heard some cool stories of Amex, and also the Ritz Carlton is famous for its high qualify of service, so I gave it a quite high expectation since I thought the stay would be well taken care of by both parties.

I hesitated between this hotel and the nearby JW Marriott which was just opened last year, but finally since Amex has the fantastic complementary 3rd night offer I decided to try this one. With this offer the rate of the Ritz Carlton is about the same as the JW Marriott for a 3-night stay.

The first issue I had was that I found my reservation was canceled by the hotel, so I called Amex and the representative directly contacted the hotel. The representative told me that the manager at the hotel would sort it out and send me an confirmation email. I didn't wait too long. This was quite good. A few days later I had to modify the reservation and after that I sent the manager an email just for his/her info, but I didn't get any reply. That's fine, but I think if I were the manager I would give a response to emails from guests, even simply an acknowledge of receipt of the email.

I found online that many travelers who booked via the Amex FHR received room upgrade to executive room or even suite. I never expected a suite and finally I got a Premier room. That's also fine as this is also counted as an upgrade, though merely better than nothing. Not sure if this is because of the complementary 3rd night offer such that the hotel is not willing to provide something more.

On the day of checking in my glasses happened to be broken so I asked the staff if there is any store nearby where I can get it fixed. He told me he would look it up but I have never heard anything back later on.

The US $100 credit was directly applied as CNY 600, which I don't think makes sense..

In general the rate was good because of the 3rd night free offer, but it seems to me that they lowered the level of service due to that.

I know that through Marriott mobile app we can submit requests directly to the hotel during a stay, but there seems not an option for the Ritz Carlton. The only way when you have any requests is to give them a call, which I don't think is convenient to me.

In an afternoon when I was sleeping I was waked up by a call from the hotel, asking me if I need the room maintenance as I put the "do not disturb" on. This seems not smart of the hotel.

Overall I think the stay is not that satisfactory, even compared to some Marriott hotels in Shanghai. If it were not a Ritz Carlton I wouldn't have any complaint.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Vito R, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear jlzhaoa

It is with deep regrets that I have learned about the issue you have faced during your stay with us . All the Ladies and Gentleman at The Ritz Carlton Chengdu are committed to providing a truly memorable stay and service for our guests and we have failed to provide you with the service we are known for.

I offer no excuses but my deepest and most humble apologies . I have personally investigated the point that you have mentioned and we will take the necessary steps to make sure this does not happen again. I can imagine it is a very unpleasant situation and not what we want our guests to experience Ritz-Carlton Chengdu.

For your next stay with us, may I invite you contact me personally via vito.romeo@ritzcarlton.com for the arrangements to make sure you have a wonderful experience.

Again, thank you very much for choosing us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

First, let me say we are Gold level Marriott/Ritz members and have stayed at quite a few Ritz around the world and China, including Beijing, Shanghai, and Hong Kong. This Ritz was good, but not great. It did not meet expectations of the Ritz that we have stayed at, especially in China, which we found to be superb. First the good, We stayed on the club level in the executive suite so the room was nice and spacious, very clean and well appointed. Our check in was quick and easy with Fiona greeting us at the entrance and taking us up to our room and checking us in.The Club lounge manager, Dennis was very helpful and friendly. He made sure we had the complementary club car to use when available and answered questions we had. Now for some of the things that did not meet our expectations from a Ritz property.
Probably one of the biggest problems was the language barrier. While the majority of the staff in the Club lounge spoke passable to good English, most of the ancillary staff such as housekeeping and maintenance spoke little to no English. This made for some difficulty with getting some things we wanted. For example, my wife asked one of the housekeepers for extra towels and she said no. Now, we have never heard no at the Ritz so I am not sure if she meant no, I don't have towels, no, you can't have towels or no, I don't understand. Another time I asked one of the club lounge ladies for a container to take food to my wife who was still getting ready and she said we can't take food out of the lounge, which I know is not true. I asked another gentlemen and he brought me a container. We also had trouble getting our laundry done the way my wife specified, as far as light starch, etc. I know this seems nitpicky but the Ritz Carlton is an international chain and should have staff that is able to communicate with its clients. We would not complain if we were staying at the holiday inn. The Ritz Carlton motto is "We are Ladies and Gentlemen serving Ladies and Gentlemen." This motto exemplifies the anticipatory service provided by all staff members. We just expect more from the Ritz. Like I said we were on the club level and had these issues. I wonder how bad it would have been if we were not on the club level.

Room tip: stay on the club level
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Vito R, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Dear Minh H,

May I firstly thank you for staying with us and taking your valuable time for sharing your experience. I am very sorry to learn that your stay was less than satisfactory, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience created to you.

I’ve shared your indications with team, also indicated your experience in file at the hotel to avoid any similar scenarios happen to your future visits at The Ritz-Carlton, Chengdu.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Excellent customer service. Superb IT support during a public holiday when I had to get mails out in my laptop. Very friendly Club House staff. I have stayed in many hotels for business and this hotel definitely deserves the high ratings.
Great work Ritz Carlton Chengdu!

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Lina T

Dear Lina T,

We appreciate your time to write this nice review. I will definitely share your comments with our ladies and gentlemen, especially our IT and Club Lounge team. We are truly glad that our services and facilities are beyond your satisfactory.

Thanks again and hoping to see you again in a near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

I spent three weeks in a 40th floor room with club lounge access and had a great experience. I would not consider staying anywhere else for a future stay in Chengdu. Thanks to all the managers and staff for a wonderful stay!

Pros:
1) Exceptionally attentive and friendly staff (at check in, and both in the club lounge and 25th floor restaurant).
2) Nicely decorated room -- I wasn't into the fancy marble style when I first arrived, but I got used to it and grew to like it.
3) My room had a great view of Tianfu Square.
4) Close (10 minute walk) to metro line 1 and across the street from lots of bus options. Chengdu's metro system is easy to navigate and not as crowded as some other Chinese cities, so it's a good option to have.
5) The sauna and jacuzzi were great, and the ice machine next to the sauna was a good touch. The sauna was nice and hot, which I appreciated.
6) 25th floor breakfast had everything I could want for breakfast and the club lounge evening hors d'oeuvres were quite good. I also had the afternoon tea in the lounge the weekend I was in town... two days in a row.
7) Club lounge also had a great view -- different angle from my room -- and was a pleasant place to relax when I didn't have evening plans.

Cons: Nothing major, but leaving my feedback so that they can consider some minor improvements:
1) Coffee in the club lounge was not good. I ate breakfast on the 25th floor primarily for this reason.
2) On more crowded days, the showers and locker rooms would quickly become a mess of used towels everywhere. The attendants might check this more often.
3) I was surprised that the hotel could not purchase train tickets for me. At other hotels, when I have known which tickets I wanted, I have been able to have the hotel purchase and (more importantly for foreigners) get the physical ticket for me for a reasonable surcharge.
4) I was also surprised that the hotel couldn't mail postcards for me without a 10 rmb fee per postcard. I think that postcards cost 4.5 rmb each to mail internationally. For my 4 postcards, this seemed excessive. I have not previously tried to mail postcards through a Chinese hotel, so I'm not sure if this is a China Post issue that would apply to all hotels.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Carly C,

Thank you for taking time to write such detailed review, and also give us the suggestions regarding your experience. I do apologize that the service you experienced does not reflect in the level of service one comes to expect from a Ritz-Carlton Hotel.

Your feedback is extremely important to us, as it is the only way we can continue on our journey of continuous improvement. I assure you that all of our Ladies and Gentlemen are committed to excellence and sincerely apologize that we let you down.

Thanks again for your comments and we are looking forward to welcome you back again.