All reviewsthe club loungeflair barguest recognitionladies and gentlemenclub managerexceptional hotelnespresso machinebest hotel i have ever stayedbeautiful hotelthe general managerlittle touchesluxury hotelchinese restaurantstar servicetianfu squareroom upgradehigh tech
Reviewed 20 October 2016

The last time I had this feeling...You know, feel like a queen, It was at the Balmoral Hotel in Edinburgh. The Ritz-Carlton in Chengdu is a "must stop" during your vacations or your business travel in Chengdu. I arrived the day of my 54th birthday, I had a large suite with a magnificient view - It was so cleaned and you know I am that type of person who is looking everywhere ... and it smell good, excellent quality of products. The staff members were incrediable ! Each morning, the food manager brought me my fresh juice because He observed what was my choice, my room maid knew which side I was sleeping and she put my slipper on the right side with a bottle of water and the lemon slices. I can't tell how many attentions they gave me... On my birthday I received a card from the staff and a cheese cake in my room. Luke Zhao, senior Chief conciege provided me the best advices for my visit, and he took care of my taxi reservations (so helpful when you don't speak the language). Everyday, I went to the spa/ swimming pool and massages. Claire, she is just an angel. Everyday she was waiting for me and provided me an A+++ service. Also the staff members at the swimming pool - my towel and sandals were always dry and ready. I was travelling by myself in China, and I felt safety was everywhere in this hotel and around. Even a staff member were with me when I withdraw money from the cashmachine because I didn't want to be alone. English is well spoken by the staff even a nice young women served me in French. The food: excellent ! I ordered 2 dinners in my rooms and I went to the Terasse restaurant - the manager was a real gentleman - I wanted to eat beef, good beef - so He proposed me a menu that was such a good choice and so good. Thanks to the chef ! The last day, last morning I was honnored that Mr Vito Romeo, The general manager introduced himself and asked me how was my stay so far ... He talked to me in French and took time with me - so professional, Thank you ! This hotel got class and anytime, I'm ready to go back. I wish my son will continue to work in Guiyang, China so I'll be able to go back to this hotel. I don't have any bad comment or anything to say to improve- For me it was The perfect Stay. I slept weel, eat well, be treated with respect and class, was happy and highly statisfied. Thank to all the staff members et I really mean all the staff members because each of them smiled at me, offered me any assistance, was kind and so polite and devoted. This Ritz-Carlton Hotel is priviledged to have such a good and professional staff. Mr Romeo is doing a great jod and certainly Chendgu is going to become a popular destination for business and cultural attrations ( ex Panda reserve).

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank GatineauMarie
Vito R, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

Dear Ms. Ricard,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write such nice and sincere review. I am glad to find that you had great time here and spent a memorable birthday with us! I will definitely pass your recognition to Luke, Spa team and Restaurant team. Your opinion would keep encouraging our ladies and gentlemen to strive for excellence. I look forward to welcoming you back soon in your home in Chengdu!

With best regards,

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

My family enjoyed our delightful stay at the Ritz Carlton in Chengdu. Upon arrival we were impressed by the check in on the exclusive lobby filled with beautiful flower arrangements and a special tea performance. We booked
the RitzKids package and were upgrade to an executive suite on the club level with city views. The suite had two rooms and they set up tents for my kids in the living room. We had a walk in closet with vanity area and a separate guest bathroom. The master bathroom was great with separate and spacious shower, bathtub and electric toilet. We enjoyed magnificent breakfast buffets at the club lounge and the restaurant. Our favorite part about our stay was the amazing dinner dim sum buffet: unlimited made-to-order delicacies and signature local dishes that we looked forward to everyday after our panda center and city tours. Everything on the menu was delicious! Thank you, we will definitely visit again!

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Vito R, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Dear Llai99,

Thank you so much for writing this nice review. I will definitely share your comments with our ladies and gentlemen, especially our Rooms team and Restaurants. We are truly glad that our services and facilities are beyond your satisfactory, and your family enjoyed the Ritz Kids program. Thanks again and hoping to see you again in a near future.

With Best Regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2016

Had a great stay at the The Ritz-Carlton, Chengdu. I booked a Club Level Executive Suite. The view on the 38th floor was amazing, even more so at night - even the shower had an epic view. Spices for Breakfast was very serious spread of eastern and western dishes. Location was perfect, for a cheap taxi ride you could make it many sights. It was also very walkable to some big shopping areas.

Room Tip: The Club Level was well worth it for the view
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends
Vito R, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Dear dirkstir,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here, and our Ladies and Gentlemen took really good care of you. We are looking forward to welcome you back in Chengdu.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

A very chilled and relaxed atmosphere in this skyline bar, which offers a relaxed atmosphere and great service!
Bit pricey but you get what you pay for. Would recommend for great views of the city and a change of scenery .

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends
Vito R, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chengdu, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Dear Rachel H,

We appreciate your time to write this nice review. We are truly glad that our services and facilities are beyond your satisfactory. Thanks again and hoping to see you again in a near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

Spent the last day in the Ritz Carlton chengdu at the end of a long trip. It was the luxurious escape I needed from the hotel service which greeted me and took care of me from the time I stepped in, to the concierge finding a way to buy Sichuan opera house tickets when it was sold out by sending a representative there for me (it's Chinese holiday now so very busy), to the food and service that was top notch. I also enjoyed the well designed pool, sauna and steam room and hot tub to make it a relaxing and comfortable stay. I was pleased with the toto automatic toilets also. The breakfast (included) and dinner buffets were also top notch. Had the amenities I was looking for and needed at a reasonable price for the service. I believe it is likely the best hotel in chengdu.

Stayed: October 2016

Dear Steven H,

I would like to thank you personally and on behalf of our ladies and gentlemen, for such great review! Hotel has been fairly busy during National Holiday, but we are most pleased to find out that your stay here was relaxing and comfortable. I will pass your kind words to all relating departments. We hope to see you soon in the near future!

Warm regards,