1,058 results
All reviews upgraded to a suite seen better days the club lounge noodle station restaurant staff noodles western restaurant very nice hotel breakfast buffet house keeping lobby bar rooms are large central location sichuan opera shopping area metro station tianfu square
Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

What more can I say about The Sofitel Chengdu?

In a word STAFF.

The service of the staff at this hotel is !!!!!!!!!AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

I have stayed at this hotel for the second time and even the first stay was excellent as was my second visit.

I have read other people's reviews about this hotel and they are welcome to their opinion. But when I read negative comments that food was cold or the room wasn't what was expected and other issues. My suggestion is to speak up and the staff at the Chengdu Sofitel will try and rectified it the best way they can. Their attitude here is attention to detail and
!!!!CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!

I appreciate there are minor issues within a hotel of this size. But if you speak up in a professional manner the staff are more then happy to accommodate the customers needs.

The Sofitel Chengdu holds a very special place in my fiancée and my heart.

It would be remiss of me not to mention the following staff and if I miss somebody my apologise because everyone of the Chengdu Sofitel staff from concierge, restaurant, housekeeping to front end reception desk just outstanding.

The following staff that went beyond their call of duty to arrange any request that we had.
Iris
Vine
Vivian
Rick
For Vivian who made our stay at the Sofitel one to remember, and the birthday cake. !!!THANK YOU!!!!
For Vine for his expertise of the local area and remembering how I liked my Coffee !!!HOT!!! His remarkable service to detail is amazing.
To Iris !!!THANK YOU!!! For all your best wishes on our engagement in the Club Lounge and the hand made flower.
To Rick for his input and support on our special moment in our life.

THANKYOU CHENGDU SOFITEL

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Thedylan
WinneySHENG, The secretary of General Manager at Sofitel Chengdu Taihe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2015

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Taihe Chengdu. and sharing your comments in Tripadvisor! It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

we are glad to learn that you like our service and product,I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and We hope you and your lover enjoy the romantic life everyday,and next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one in our hotel.

Reviewed 16 August 2015

Here are few things that just made me wonder why didn't I just leave while in the middle of checkin in, here is a list of collective events,
1. We arrived at 3p at the hotel and was told was full due to a medical conference, room won't be ready till 4 or 5ish. If your hotel is full, why did you accept my reservation?
2. While we were being serve, a local lady cut in and the receptionist attended to her while we had to wait for an additional few minutes.
3. We got the room around 4ish. Came down looking for a taxi, the concierge told us to walk to the main road and should find one. Taxis don't come up to our hotel was his reply.
4. While we were in the room, the door suddenly open and it was a housekeeper.

Definitely not staying at this hotel ever again. It lacks the overall quality of Sofitel that we all know.
I am sure someone from the management is going to send a computer generated reply to me.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank jasontancy
WinneySHENG, The secretary of General Manager at Sofitel Chengdu Taihe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2015

Dear Mr. Jasontancy,
I'am Winney the PA to our GM, first of all thank you for taking the time to share your experience, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
We want to avoid this to happen again in the future and correct procedures and behavior of our ambassadors. We would very much appreciate it if you can share with me your registration name and your check in date via my email : es@sofitelchengdu.com.

Allow us to create a new experience for you on your next visit to Chengdu.

We look forward to your reply.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Friendly, very helpful staff.
Excellent room.
Lovely restaurant serving wonderful meals.
Hotel is right in the heart of the city, a few minutes walk from a nearby Metro station.
Car service to & from the airport, truly 5 star.
A joy to stay at this wonderful hotel.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
WinneySHENG, The secretary of general manager at Sofitel Chengdu Taihe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2015

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Taihe Chengdu. and sharing your comments on Tripadvisor! It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We are glad to know that you like our limo service and foods.I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 9 August 2015

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night. We were upgraded to one bedroom suite that was outstanding. The room was clean with 1 1/2 baths. The wifi was slow but was free and worked well.

The kids wanted to swim but needed to have swim caps. A little different but we had some for them to use.

Breakfast was nice and it had a large variety of selections and nationalities.

The is an outstanding hotel and we enjoyed our time in Chengdu.

1  Thank Tom M
WinneySHENG, The Secretary of General Manager at Sofitel Chengdu Taihe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments in Tripadvisor and expressing your satisfaction with us at Sofitel Taihe Chengdu .It is delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us. To be a guest loved great hotel is our primary vision to achieve.
We will be grateful if you could allow us the opportunity of welcoming you once again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2015

This was a five star hotel, that we picked because it was centrally located but cheaper than others. The decor was a bit dated but the place was very comfortable. Staff were attentive. We ate lunch in the brasserie and were not very impressed, but as a place to stay I would recommend the Sofitel as everything you need at a good price. You can walk down the riverside to some nightlife and taxis to tourist locations don't take long.

Date of stay: July 2015
1  Thank Domirwin
WinneySHENG, Secretary of General Manager at Sofitel Chengdu Taihe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent visit to Sofitel Chengdu Taihe.

It is pleased to know that our room and service helped in making your visit enjoyable.
We strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations to our worldwide guests.

Thank you again for your feedback and support, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,