See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2018

The hotel is very nice - just a good place to rest before lectures.
Many restaurants and an outstanding mountain site nearby.
We had a mountain view from the window - it was amazing.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Came here on business so I didn't book it or pay for it my Chinese hosts did. Big hotel nice art in the foyer and dotted around the place. Room a decent size. Good AC always a plus. Smallish shower room no bath. Steralized and wrapped towels. No bathrobe.

Bed (in a twin bedded room) large and comfy. Room clean but as usual in china has that slight tang of tobacco smoke. An ashtray in the bathroom confirms these are smoking rooms.

Breakfast a welcome surprise. Good coffee. Toast machine. Cereal. I had cereal and fruit, fried egg on toast a bit compounded by no knives and forks but a minor problem. A good selection of food and drinks.

I'd stay again.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Not expensive and cosy to sleep over night. Waitress tried best to communicate with us in English and helped a lot with local information. Clean and nice room with convenient transport. Satisfied staying in the city.

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

We were here visiting Shandong University and stayed for 3 nights. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. They provide a bottle of water every day for brushing teeth. As well as all the toiletries you'd expect in the west, even spare tooth brush and toothpaste. There is no English spoken but they try to work with you and use a translator app if necessary. Our toilet stopped up and I called the front desk and they understood "toilet" and someone was up in minutes with a plunger. The restaurant is a buffet for all meals and you can always find something. They even have a Nescafé coffee maker. It is in great proximity to thousand Buddha mountain which was a wonderful walk/climb to the top and don't miss the Buddha cave. The city sights (springs and main plaza ) are all walkable if you like walking - maybe about 15/20 min. at a good pace. The University is a 15 min walk, too.
The hotel has a tea room area but no bar, however you can get refrigerated beer in the restaurant. And there is a great coffee shop across the street and the corner and arm affiliated with Bank of America (China construction bank)
Really great stay and visit.
Sorry, didn't think about taking applicable pictures at the hotel but these are in the hotel or the vicinity and one of the symbol of Jinan.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This hotel is a good value in a good location. So here are the things to consider:

- The staff speaks almost no English. If you're okay with that, the service is fine. If it makes you uncomfortable, you may want to consider a bigger, chain hotel (for more $$), where you're more likely to have some English speaking staff.
- Rooms are small. I'm traveling solo, so I don't really care, but in my King Room there's one small closet, and no chest of drawers. If you are staying for a longer period of time, you'll be living out of your suitcase primarily.
- The shower drains are oddly placed. In both my and my colleague's room, the drain is outside the shower, which means your shower is going all over the floor. Not a huge deal, but I wouldn't have put my bathmat down if I'd realized it earlier.
- There is free wi-fi, but if the hotel is full, as it is now, it runs at an absolute crawl. Colleagues on lower floors say they can't get it at all.
- The bed is comfortable, more so than in other Chinese hotels I've stayed in.
- Don't believe what you read. The TV list says there's HBO. There isn't. The hotel directory refers to a shopping plaza on the second floor. There isn't one, though there are large cabinets filled with wine. I don't know why, but I really would like to find out ;-).
- I don't travel to watch television, but if you need your daily dose of CNN or BBC, you won't get it here. One English news station, and poor reception much of the time.
- The buffet isn't bad. There is a coffee maker (one cup at a time), and instant coffee at meals, though the coffee maker went out of commission this morning. Hopefully, it will be back tomorrow. There are a lot of food choices, both meat and vegetarian. Fresh fruit is available, but no juice. Beer (2.5%) and soda are available as part of meals.
- Rooms are quiet. No street noise, since it's on campus, and very little hall or neighbor noise.
- There are no in-room safes. You can check valuables at the front desk.
- Laundry service with usual high hotel prices, iron/ironing board must be requested.

If business didn't take me to this university, I'm not sure this is where I would choose to stay, but I am not disappointed. This is a really nice hotel for a budget traveler.

Room tip: Rooms on the north side tend to get warm in the morning if it's a warm day. Air conditioning exists, but isn't terribly effective. Windows open, but the air is very polluted here. South facing rooms stay cooler.
Date of stay: October 2013