All reviews service offered renaissance style lots of pillows high class hotel spg status guest rooms are grand staircase fairy tale the hotel staff price was reasonable elegant hotel breakfast buffet city view degrees celsius spoke english hotel room is club lounge
Reviewed 18 January 2019 via mobile

Me and my fiance (who are a same sex couple) stayed here as a suprise birthday present for my birthday. He worked so hard to try and make the experience worth the 32 hour journey to get there. We checked in at around early morning hours. My fiance had his arm araound me when the person behind the desk looked at my fiance with a disgusted look and a shook her head and gave us our keys. The next day our AC wasn't working properly and I called the front desk they asked me what the problem was and I politley explained that our AC wasn't working and the person at the desk had a strong accent so I couldn't understand him and my fiance speaks Mandarin. Out of the blue, my fiance starts to get angry with the person on the phone. After what happened, I asked what happened. My fiance explained that the man asked why there was 2 men in one suite and was asking us what we were doing in there.Our room service came to the door later and the man looked at my fiance then looked back at me and looked at my fiance disgusted. he seemed to be in a rush to get out of our room. For the rest of our stay we were constantly stared at by the employees. Finaly we just couldn't take it and left the hotel early and checked in to another hotel where they treated us 10 times better. Don't go if you're a same sex couple.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Air19810926
Yuki S, Asst. Manager of Marketing and Communications at The Castle Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2019

Dear Air19810926

Thank you for sharing your unpleasant stay experience. Your feedback is valuable in order to improve the level of services offered in our hotel.
As one of Marriott hotels, we respect our guests’ lifestyle, and with regards to your comment, please accepts our sincere apologies for any discomfort caused during your stay. Internal re-training has been arranged on protecting guest’s privacy and to ensure utmost service is given to all guests at all times.
Once again, thank you for staying at The Castle Hotel, Dalian.

Reviewed 12 January 2019

- What you see is what you get! It's really amazing to have experience this wonderful, classy and elegant hotel!
- Staff was really attentive and incredibly welcoming, all spoke English if that matters to you.
- Entrance was very nice and big! All in marbles with a touch of Victorian Renaissance style. The room were spacious! The bed is very comfy with lots of pillows which I enjoyed it! The bathroom is big, it was all in marbles with a touch of gold. The toiletries were not a cheap kind. It was branded, so we took most of it! Lol!
- pool area and gym are quite huge as well. I advise you to go during night time because you can see the city view while dipping in the pool. Their changing room was massive and very clean!
- Restaurant was great as well and the price was reasonable specially for a very high class hotel like this. Food was nice, I really enjoyed it so much!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Yuki S, Asst.Manager of Marketing and Communications at The Castle Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2019

Dear vincentwangvw,

Thank you for choosing The Castle Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Dalian and for your complimentary note.
The Castle Hotel was intended to showcase spectacular German-Bavarian Castle design, matched by opulent contemporary interior design in its guest rooms and public spaces alike.
Your complimentary comments regarding our food offerings have been passed on to the team who continuously strive to meet our guest expectations.
Once again, thank you for staying at The Castle Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Dalian, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 January 2019

Stayed one night for special occasion celebrating birthday, sadly disappointed having to leave during night due to room temperature too hot, dry with no way to adjust or turn on AC. Looked at alternative room, same situation. Customer service does not exist. Reserved ocean view table for dinner, not available ...sorry group staying now. I am American living in Dalian know all the 5 star hotels...this is not close to being one. Zero customer service...if you consider this hotel...go to Grand Hyatt much much better.

Room tip: Go to the Grand Hyatt
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Yuki S, Asst. Manager of Marketing and Communications at The Castle Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2019

Dear worldlyresident,
Thank you for choosing The Castle Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel for celebrating special occasion.
As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the negative experience you have encountered. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.
Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us in the future.

Reviewed 9 January 2019

Worst Marriott property you will ever visit. The hotel is only shiny from outside, but the Hotel Staff is terrible. The so called guest services manager, Leon Sun, does not know how to interact with guests, is always ready to get into an argument with the guests, doesn't know anything about customer service. I am shocked how such employees are even employed by the Hotel.
A real bad experience overall at this property. My advise to visitors is to stay away if possible. Do not be fooled by the castle & the looks - Thats only good for pictures & nothing else. Your real experience at this Hotel will be extremely bad.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank sankhann
Yuki S, Asst.Manager of Marketing and Communications at The Castle Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2019

Dear sankhann,
Thank you for choosing The Castle Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Dalian for your recent visit to the city. Your feedback is valuable in order to improve the level of services offered in our hotel. With regards to your comment, please accepts our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused during your stay. As we have always been striving to provide genuine service for our guests, your feedback s are highly appreciated and with that, we will be able to guide our service accordingly.
Once again, thank you for staying at The Castle Hotel. If I may be of any further service or assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime.

Reviewed 30 December 2018 via mobile

If you haven’t seen this hotel before, it will blow your mind. The castle-like architecture is extremely impressive (Great photo ops). Equally impressive is the grand hotel lobby with its luxury decor. It’s currently in the low season, so hotel is cutting costs. It’s still initially impressive, But the hotel starts to fall short after your first 30 minutes.

First, the room shows age and degradation. Immediately, you notice cracks and stains on walls and the furniture really starts to show age and its cheap quality (wood veneer falling off, stains and scruffs). Something is just off with the decor that gives you a cheap quality - that the room is not well taken care of either by staff or previous guests. Bathroom is marble and is honestly great, except for a little stinky showers and semi-blocked drainage. Most importantly, the AC just didn’t work properly - the room is a whopping 30 degrees Celsius the entire time. The window could not be opened so I basically slept with no covers whatsoever. This has been reflected in previous reviews. Since I did not spend too much time in the room apart from sleeping I did not request for a different room (I was upgraded upon arrival due to my SPG status).

Service was generally good, though there was not a turndown service offered. Club lounge was closed but minibar and free breakfast are offered. Gym was surprisingly good, and due to the low season you’ll probably be the only one there.

In summary, the hotel looks spectacular from the outside, but not necessarily the inside, especially compared to some other Luxury Collection properties. If you are looking for a solid hotel and doesn’t care about loyalty, I would recommend you check out the Grand Hyatt, Hilton/Conrad, or the Shangri-La.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Yuki S, Asst. Manager of Marketing and Communications at The Castle Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Dalian, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2019

Dear chopsticks1996,

Thank you very much for choosing The Castle Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Dalian for your recent stay. We are pleased to know that in general, you liked our hotel with its impressive exterior. Reimagined by WATG Exterior and HBA Interior Design, The Castle Hotel was aimed to portray German-Bavarian style castle architecture with opulent, contemporary interior design. Its location, on Lotus Mountain in Xinghai Bay, ensures spectacular ocean views from most of the guest rooms.
We are equally thankful for pointing out that there is room for improvement and assure you that we will strive to improve such. Once again, thank you for your feedback. We would be delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you back at The Castle Hotel in the not too distant future.