All reviews front desk room service newish department labor gym conference china
Reviewed 1 December 2018 via mobile

Had a conference in this hotel and stayed from 28 to 30 Nov.
It was a comfortable stay in this (a local 5 star hotel). Room decoration is as per many photos shared.
I speak Mandarin and it was no issue to communicate with the hotel people.
Breakfast buffet is good spread.
Location is good cos shopping malls just besides (but prices and items are expensive). After 9pm, the surrounding is very quiet. So, no late night shopping.
This is a typical local 5 star hotel at value for money rate. Comfortable stay!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2018

excellent situation, close to many good restaurants in shopping malls. There were things wrong with the room, but they were put right within an hour. Everyone was so smiley and helpful, and when they didn't speak English they went to find someone who did. Breakfast was very nice, the usual spread, well done. Good coffee. Gym and pool were fine, small but never too crowded. Men at front desk downstairs very eager to get taxis for us, very helpful

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I stay 1st time here.
Location is convenient, it’s around 15 min
from Dalian station by walk.
There is Mykal department under the Hotel.
Cleanness is good, service is also good.
And Good Breakfast.
Price is reasonable.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Check in was weird. I'm American, my wife is Chinese. The woman who was checking us in asked my wife in Chinese if she was staying in the same room as me. When I made the online reservation I indicated it was for two people. Who did she think she was, my employee? It also would of been nice if she smiled just once. The lobby and room was nice. Everything was clean and looked in very good condition. It just didn't have the look and feel of what I think a 5 star hotel should be. We had a room on the 30th floor overlooking Labor Park, it was comfortable and quiet. The maid service was inconsistent. One day, no towels. Another day, no soap. Another day, no water. Missing robe,another. BTW, they only put one robe in the room the whole time. I didn't really care because I don't use one. The hotel had a restaurant that served a buffet breakfast. I had a special deal that included one breakfast every day with my room, I had to pay for the second breakfast. It was on the expensive side, a little over $14 a day. They had a decent selection of items every day including Western items like fried eggs, pizza, sausage, spaghetti, and bacon. They also had an omelette station. They don't quite have the concept of the omelette station down. Most of the time it was unmanned, the omelettes were pre-made and sitting under a heat lamp. There also weren't many choices to put in them. I can't comment on any other meals in this restaurant or the other restaurants in the hotel, as we only ate breakfast there. There was one incident where I was getting assistance at the front desk late at night. A Chinese woman approached the desk and interrupted us with a question and he dropped what he was doing for me and helped her. I waited for about a minute, then walked away. He called out to me saying he was almost done but I told him to forget it. They should learn to take care of one guest at a time. My expectations are not high for service when I go to China. They haven't fully arrived yet in that department. For what I payed it was a good value.

Room tip: The hotel has 35 floors. A room high up overlooking Labor Park is nice.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2016

The room was good and clean. No girly business cards under the door. The location was the best thing for me. It is fairly close to the subway and across the street from People's Park (Renmin). The breakfast buffet they had was good also. About 30 minutes to the airport costing about 30 Yuan if I remember correctly. Very near the Eton apartments and the Eton Tower which at the time of this post is the 156 tallest building in the world. There is a mall nearby Pavilion with some good places to eat. If you have been on the road a while and are missing America the Blue Frog is a great place to go.

Room tip: The higher the floor usually the quieter the room. Also the better the view.
Date of stay: September 2016