See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 18 November 2017

You have to have some humour about these sorts of things, especially in China. Bad points:
1. I asked for non-smoking room, so got the room with 2 ashtrays. The entire hotel reeks
2. They won’t give receipts for your stay
3. Not an Accor hotel, despite being able to book through accor - no points or recognition
4. The rooms are very dark, for some reason

Positives:
1. Very convenient location, walking distance to Carrefour supermarkets and eateries
2. All the taxi drivers know where it is - very handy!
3. The staff try very hard, despite inefficient policies which they also grumbled about!
4. Good wifi

Overall, I might stay here again in a pinch. I wouldn't recommend it if cigarettes bother you / you have asthma / are pregnant / or travelling with children.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 6 November 2017

We stayed here in December 2017 - family 2 adults and 2 children (9 and 6 years old).

We took 2 standard rooms, which were directly across the aisle from each other.

The hotel was good, just as expected. Room was clean and quiet.

Location was good, close to the Children's Park and the light rail line at Sanba Square. Also a Starbucks and some fast food places nearby.

We will stay here again when we come to Dalian.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2017

Hotel is clean. I stayed there three nights. Room was compact, for somebody maybe too small. Floor without carpet was appreciated. I enjoyed comfortable sleep. Bus stop is just in front of the hotel entrance, tram stop is around the corner.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 30 April 2017

I was a bit concerned when I first arrived at the hotel. Lobby was small and chaotic with crowds. Staff did not seem to speak English. However, everything else was fine and better than I expected.

Deposit was 100 RMB for the night. Room was clean, free wifi was strong, great value for the price! The only complaint was that there was only one electric outlet near the bed/desk (the other inside the bathroom). Not very far from Zhongshan square metro station: only 20 minute on foot. All in all, I would definitely go back to the hotel if I visit Dalian again.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Nothing much to say. Seen one, seen them all.
I was disappointed becuase this hotel is named in Booking.com as "Hotel Ibis Zhongshan Square". It is not on Zhongshan Square. it is about 20-25 minuted walk from that square. If you plan. like I did to use the metro, consider that the nearest metro station is on Zhongshan Square.
Otherwise, it is a good midrange hotel.

Date of stay: September 2016