“Spectacular Sights”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$103.00*
and up
Highlights of Suzhou 1 Day Private Tour Including...
Ranked #1 of 99 Shopping in Suzhou
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I recently visited this institute and took a tour of the complex and viewed embroidery work from local masters. The detail of the works was phenomenal and definitely exceeded my expectations. A shop is available for tourists to purchase any of the embroidery.

Well worth a visit!

"beauty"
"china"
"flowers"

Reviewed 5 November 2017

As part of our tour trips a visit to an embroidery institute doesn't sound particularly appealing but boy was this one fantastic experience for so many in our group, me included. There are sewing folk ... no real talented artists with a needle and thread , who create absolute works of art in needle craft that have to be seen and enjoyed , many of these artists only finish around 15 to 20 pieces in their career , that's taking around two years per technically superb piece. The quality in this place is unsurpassed by anyone else in this field of workmanship and don't miss this event.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Our group toured the Institute, the workmanship is amazing. A good opportunity to understand the whole process and, of course, buy some embroidery. Honestly, I thought embroidery was a bit 'womens institute' before I came here

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Beautiful work, you don't have to be into embroidery to appreciate just how intricate and clever and lovely these pieces are and talented and special the women who do this work are. I bought a bit in the shop and wish now I had bought more of the little silk bags which were really well received as gifts when I got home. We didn't bargain as Harry (Zhang Feng) our CITS guide said we couldn't. Silly us.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 May 2017

We visited with a very mixed group of people, and even those who had absolutely no interest in embroidery were blown away by the skill and beauty of these astonishing silk embroideries.

For those of us who have embroidered, it was utterly incomprehensible to us how somebody could embroider a picture which was a) as neat on the back as on the front, and b) (and this is REALLY mind-blowing) could have embroidered two completely different pictures on the back and front of the same piece of silk, AT THE SMAE TIME! Utterly astonishing!

You can take all the time you want to watch the ladies embroidering, and wander through the showroom to marvel at their work. Of course, there is a shop when you can purchase your own piece of their amazing work, with prices ranging from the extremely reasonable to the utterly unaffordable.

If you are going to be in Suzhou, this really is a 'must see'.