US$122
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Trip.com
Trip.com
All reviewsoptics valleyrevolving restaurantnon smoking roomwithin walking distancehotel restaurantschinese restaurantbreakfast spreadbusiness tripfloorbizchinaconstructionwifisaunataxi
Reviewed 13 September 2017

1. Central Location of Optics Valley, but undergoing subway digging, dust all over, traffic impossible, grid lock all the time, no place to walk except on the car lanes, dangerous
2. Old hotel needs remodeling everywhere
3. taxi hard to get and take forever to go to your business due to traffic jams
4. hotel restaurants expensive and no guests, breakfast OK
5. Got sick from 1 week stay, lost voice from all the dust in the neighborhood, no streets at all,

Room Tip: Avoid optics Valley all together, stay near East Lake area
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
RamadaOVWH, Secretary of Executive Office at Ramada Plaza Optics Valley Hotel Wuhan Wuchang, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by the construction of the municipal government and the traffic control. We also look forward to the early completion of the Optics Valley transport construction project, so that our traffic could more convenient. At the same time, we will continue to strengthen service management, and strive to provide quality service for each customer and also thank you for your understanding and tolerance. Hoping that we can get opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

This is the 2nd time I stayed at this property. Yes, it is a little cheaper than others, but for the life of me I can't figure out why any seasoned traveler would give this anything more than 3 stars...I think I'm being generous rating it that high. Looks like it was built in the 80's and still has the same furniture and carpeting - both visits I was given rooms that obviously been smoked in...a lot. I travel with others who prefer this hotel for location sake, but I would not stay here otherwise. Avoid if possible.

Room Tip: Ask if they have any renovated rooms???
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business

Dear Guest, we appreciate the comments you have provided. We’re very sorry that you are feeling bad during your stay. Your feedback will help us the opportunity to improve the facility and indoor air quality. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

İt is an old hotel but it is very good hotel. The rooms are not big but it is enough for a person. Location is very near to metro. Breakfast is perfect and I can suggest this hote for a foreigner in Wuhan.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business

Dear Guest, your commendation is highly appreciated. We hope that we can get opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

This was my first visit to China and my company booked this hotel given that it is located in a central area and the optics valley was just half an hour away. However, the traffic condition was in a mess. There was lot of construction work going on around this area which made the roads narrow and caused traffic jams.As I can't speak Chinese, it was a challenge communicating with the taxi driver to reach the hotel. However, once I reached the hotel, the staff at the reception spoke decent English and the check in process went on smoothly. The room was on the 15th floor and it was a standard room with all the basic amenities. As many have said, the bed was hard but it was good for my aching back. I read lot of complains about the wifi being slow but I found it decent. I did skype calls, whatsapp calls, attended meetings on webex and watched videos on youtube without any problem. I have read other reviews complaining about the room service being late but my experience was completely different the two times I availed the service. They said it will take 30 min but both the times they delivered the food in less than 20 minutes. The breakfast spread in the plaza cafe was good. You get both continental and oriental dishes and I must say the taste was pretty good. I tried the Chinese restaurant as well. They have an English menu and the food was awesome. Unfortunately, the Japanese restaurant was closed for renovation. I also tried the revolving restaurant on the 24th floor. The food was great but it was all veggie dishes. It was amazing to see how they served sausages and grilled items which looked exactly like meat. There are lot of options to eat in the nearby malls as well. However, the best thing will be to have someone local accompanying you otherwise communicating can be quite difficult on your own. I didn't get time to visit the gym or the sauna. The spa was closed as well. Looking at the decor all through the hotel you can very well understand that it used to be a hotel with grandeur but it looks very old and tired now. I had a very satisfying stay at the Ramada and would love to come back here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room if you don't smoke. The smoking rooms reek of tobacco smell badly.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
EOS-OVWH, Secretary of Executive Office at Ramada Plaza Optics Valley Hotel Wuhan Wuchang, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Dear Mr. M, thank you for your detail review. Our Japanese restaurant had opened on 31st May and you will be able to enjoy Japanese cuisine at the next stay. Your affirmation and understanding is a great encouragement to us and we look forward to your visit again

Reviewed 17 May 2017

service you experienced is excellent the room is very nice location & amenities are perfect I liked best & least is RAMADA staff at this location
i like to stay at this location every time i visit Wuhan
also i stay at this hotel about 10 time, every time was better than the one before

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled on business
fiona y, Manager at Ramada Plaza Optics Valley Hotel Wuhan Wuchang, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear Guest, your commendation is highly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again very soon.