Intercontinental Wuhan
US$104
US$87
US$28
Trip.com
All reviewsmodern facilitiesbreakfast spreadroom servicebusiness tripthe riverkeysbalconyconferenceairportgymwifitaxichina
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

This is a swanky new hotel in Wuhan with large rooms, huge lobby and generally opulent designs. It's right next to a convention center, which makes it very convenient if you are attending a convention there. That should be the only reason why you should stay there as the location is terrible. It's far away from every where and there are no nearby shops you can walk around. Even taxi are scarce and DIDI drivers are not abundant here.

The hotel has a decent large Cafe for breakfast and dinner (not lunch) as well as a Chinese restaurant with slow service. There is a nice cigar bar (which is why I booked it) but you can't bring your own cigars. Instead, you have to pay a huge premium for cigars which may be from dodgy sources. Given that they are selling fake Cohiba ashtray, lighters and whatnots, I wouldn't like to pay a high price for cigars which I don't know the source. So that's a damper and there are no other smoking bar or room in the whole hotel. So I actually had to go Westin Wuhan for my cigar. They have a nice cigar room which you can bring your own cigars.

In summary, nice hotel but location and silly cigar bar policy is a downer.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
Sabrina O, Public Relations Manager at Intercontinental Wuhan, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear guest, thanks for sharing your experience at InterContinental Wuhan. Thanks for the comments about our large rooms and decoration. We indeed are next the Expo centre and our very own convention centre.
We serve an extensive buffet breakfast and dinner. For lunch and other times we have an a la carte menu and 24hour rooms service.
I am sorry you did not feel confident to use our Cigar bar. It is operated by a very reputable 3rd party company.

Our location is in the fast developing HanYang district of Wuhan. Currently there is limited facilities close by however this is improving quickly. We do recommend the nearby Aeon mall for shopping, dining and entertainment. The hotel offers a shuttle service or alternately the subway station can take guests there or to other parts of Wuhan.

Thanks again for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Check in was a breeze and Manny went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed.

Rooms are hot, but that's an overall issue in China and not unique to this hotel. My suggestion is to make turning off the thermostat in your room the very first thing you do. Even if you put it at 18 degrees it's useless as there's only heat available. The hotel does provide fans and air purifiers, which I appreciated.

Otherwise the hotel was immaculately clean, comfortable and had the best breakfast spread of any Intercontinental I've been in China.

Oh, and fellow parents - there is a ball pit and play area right next to the restaurant. Could be your only relaxing meal of the trip if you're toting around the young ones, so enjoy!

On the location, it's a bit out of the way, but you can't fault the hotel for that. They don't exactly claim to be in the city centre...

Room Tip: Turn off the thermostat during the fall, winter and early spring to avoid melting.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Sabrina O, Public Relations Manager at Intercontinental Wuhan, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your experience at InterContinental Wuhan. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Glad you liked the breakfast and enjoyed your meal at our HAN Café.
We noted your comment that the room was too hot for your comfort. Our engineer has been informed and will adjust the air-conditioning to better suit the variety of guests. We are able to provide both hot air and cold air depending on guest’s preferences.

Thanks again for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

This hotties somewhat out of the way with limited public transportation close by. It is also isolated with no nearby restaurants and nightlife. But if you have a reason to stay around here the hotel has spacious rooms and great facilities. The staff is friendly and helpful.

I called in advance to schedule pickup at the airport. Vivian helped me communicate with the concierge. The car pick up worked out well. Room service was also prompt and food was good quality. Room is one of the best I have stayed in and upgrade to river view was a bonus.

Breakfast is very affordable and worth adding to your stay. Breakfast options for the price are amazing. My two dinners at Han Cafe were well prepared and tasty. Service staff is also polite and prompt.

The gym has a variety of equipment and there is a yoga room.

Due to location, the hotel seems to have low occupancy but that works to your advantage.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank vnishith
Sabrina O, Public Relations Manager at Intercontinental Wuhan, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are grateful to know that you were satisfied with our facility and service. Also thanks for you specifically mentioning Vivian. This will make her happy. I will certainly share your kind words with our team, your positive remarks will make our staff to be encouraged.

We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast. We always keep providing local favorite food, try to make it different every day. Thanks again for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 September 2017

My name is Eric Lin,during my stay with the Intercontinental Wuhan I would say that the Front Office team did a really good job during my stay. I had some problems with my VISA card that I had with me and couldn't pay the full amount when I was trying to be checked in at the front desk, (I requested myself to pay full amount when I am checking in ) and FO agent Raymond was very welling to help out with a positive attitude and always has this smile on his face, though he was not able to help me in the end but he told me that he would pass the information to his manager and not to be worried about it then passed me the keys to my room. The next day Guest Service Manager Abby contact me and helped me out with the problem until all the problem are fixed, I have to say Abby and her FO agent gave me a really strong impression how the staffs build up good image for IHG. So anyone of you who has seen my post can go to the them and im very sure they will be more than happy to help you with your problems, thanks.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank erichlin

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental Wuhan.

We are grateful to know that you were satisfied with our service. Also thanks for you specifically mentioning Guest Service Manager. Your positive remarks will be shared within the team. Your positive remarks will make our staff to be encouraged.

We are appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back here in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

I would probably give this hotel a 5 star review if it were located closer to the center of town. The rooms are very spacious and new, and there are many standard amenities. The river view is OK, would be nicer if Wuhan weren't so polluted. It was so empty during my 3-night visit that it felt post-apocalyptic.

Good things: Fast and complete room service, large rooms, newness of entire hotel, fitness center is well equipped and brand new, huge fluffy towels everywhere, air conditioning doesn't blow over the bed and desiccate you. Also has irons, ironing boards, and coffee makers in the rooms, which is not always common in Asia. Good breakfast spread with a lot of local Wuhan food. There is a park along the river right in front.

Less good things: Far away from everything. If you don't want to eat in the hotel restaurant, it's a half hour cab ride. Internet is slow and intermittent, like in most of China. Third floor restaurant is standard Chinese fare and only so-so. Would be nice if they had free weights over 14 kg in the fitness center.

Odd things: No hard liquor in the minbar, and the hotel seems to be lacking a bar in general if you're not on the club level. Had to ask for a wine list in the restaurant; no cocktail list.

Hints: Google maps shows you the location of the other IHG hotel, a Holiday Inn, up the river. Make sure you get the right address (Tripadvisor has the right one). Have the hotel arrange cabs, since they aren't lined up out front.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Sabrina O, Public Relations Manager at Intercontinental Wuhan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying at InterContinental Wuhan and take time to write comments for our hotel.

We are pleased to learn that you are delighted with hotel room, river view and service you received. We always strive to ensure memorable guest experiences.

Our hotel is located beside the Yangtze River in a more secluded location. Recently the transport to our hotel is greatly improved due to the opening of Qingchuan Avenue, which leads directly to our hotel and just takes 10mins’ driving to city center. In addition we provide shuttle bus to Aeon Shopping Mall, departure on 18:30 daily. Also we will check all on line maps to ensure we get the right address at all channels.

Once again, thank you for choosing us on your recent stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.