Optics Valley Kingdom Plaza ,Wuhan
Agoda.com
US$45
US$35
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 4 November 2016

I stayed for 3 nights at this hotel. I'm very impressed as Wuhan is still a developing city, I did not expect to be staying at a really nice hotel.
The hotel has been around for ten years but then the hardware is still very nice. The people, especially room service, is great. The cleaning lady cleaned my leather shoes and left me a note that she cleaned it because she saw some dirt on them.

The hotel has a really nice indoor pool! Also, their spa rooms are very nice - though very expensive too! 700RMB for a 90 minutes when the room is 538RMB per night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the East Lake
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2015

This was my second stay at this hotel. The rooms are reasonably sized, very clean, and have good work tables. The breakfast spread is good; I especially appreciate their selection of Chinese teas. There is a reasonable, if somewhat expensive, bar in the lobby, in case you do not feel like walking out.

My stand out memory of the hotel was the view of the East Lake. If anything it was even more spectacular now. The in-room tea and comfortable arm chair made it possible to enjoy the process of waking up with an early morning view of the lake. The wifi signal was strong, but as in most hotels in China, everything seems to take forever to download. The work table is very well designed with lots of points for charging all your devices, and an ethernet port, in case you have trouble with the wifi.

The hotel is close to a couple of universities. A large mall with many dining options is a ten minute walk away. The staff is helpful, and there are several people at the reception and lobby who speak excellent English. This is a hotel I would come back to if I need to stay again in this part of Wuhan.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the East Lake
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed at the hotel because of its close proximity to China University of Geosciences (Wuhan). The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the food was good. I ate the breakfast buffet and lunch daily throughout my stay. The room was quite spacious and comfortable with excellent wifi service. I will definitely stay on a future visit to Wuhan.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was quite surprised when I checked in to the hotel. It was quite far away from the airport, But we well located near all the business activities. Nice and supportive staff with eagerness to help. Room was filled with everything. I wish I could stay more but for the short stay, this hotel made sure that I come back to the same place everytime I come to Wuhan. Although the room service food menu was pretty bad, nothing for sea-food or vege lovers and no french fries.. I mean I could you even miss that..

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We needed a place to stay in Wuhan close to a couple of Universities and this place delivered. If you didn't want to eat in the hotel, there wasn't much in the way of choices close to the hotel, but about 15 minutes walk away are a couple of shopping malls with food courts and other things on offer. One colleague needed to visit someone in the evening, but the traffic outside the hotel was so bad at rush hour, it probably would have been quicker to walk to their location.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business