“Superstar of Henan museum ”
Review of Henan Museum

Henan Museum
Ranked #1 of 143 things to do in Zhengzhou
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So glad museum owns this and not one individual.
Henan museum proudly claims the early chinese civilisation start at this Central Plains... the narrative start with the yellow emperor Huangdi.. there is a good deacription of how the the subsequent dynasties and kings evolved accompanied by the artifacts found in this Central Plains... .

All reviews
"buddhist"
"art"
"civilization"

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I absolutely loved the Henan Museum because of my love of art, especially clay. I felt honoured to see such old pieces that were dated as far back as the 7000 years ago. The museum was have an overhaul but that didn’t take away from the experience. A large percentage of our tour group found the museum boring but for an art buff like me it was a privilege to spend time there and l wish l had more time.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

this is a superb small museum ,unfortunately one of the buildings has no english translation on the labels whereas the other building did have translation.I was lucky to have someone who could translate for me

1  Thank jcGoodbones
Reviewed 2 May 2018

The exterior of the Museum looked awesome but alas it was under renovations. The only part we could see had only a small floor of ancient historic items. Wished we could have seen more....

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I like chinese history so decided to check out this museum as my rough guide travel book recommended it. The pottery displays are excellent but try to get an English audio guide as all descriptions at the exhibit are in chinese only. You can see some beautiful pieces from northern song, Jin, yuan and tang periods. Many of the pieces were quite different than anything I had seen in china before.

The biggest negative was that it appeared to be under renovation. All the upper floors were closed. And based on the description from rough guide there should have been quite a few more exhibits so I am guessing they are having work done. There was a temporary buddhist exhibit with pieces from gandhar which I think is around the Pakistan region. Interesting but not why I was there.

If you have time, try your luck at the museum or perhaps confirm ahead what exhibits will be open. Have fun!