“under renovation”
Review of Henan Museum

Henan Museum
Ranked #1 of 143 things to do in Zhengzhou
Reviewed 2 May 2018

The exterior of the Museum looked awesome but alas it was under renovations. The only part we could see had only a small floor of ancient historic items. Wished we could have seen more....

All reviews
"buddhist"
"art"
"civilization"

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I like chinese history so decided to check out this museum as my rough guide travel book recommended it. The pottery displays are excellent but try to get an English audio guide as all descriptions at the exhibit are in chinese only. You can see some beautiful pieces from northern song, Jin, yuan and tang periods. Many of the pieces were quite different than anything I had seen in china before.

The biggest negative was that it appeared to be under renovation. All the upper floors were closed. And based on the description from rough guide there should have been quite a few more exhibits so I am guessing they are having work done. There was a temporary buddhist exhibit with pieces from gandhar which I think is around the Pakistan region. Interesting but not why I was there.

If you have time, try your luck at the museum or perhaps confirm ahead what exhibits will be open. Have fun!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

The Buddha exhibit was gorgeous! The museum offered several make-your-own souvenirs experiences and we screenprinted a bag. The museum was free and gift shop items were very reasonable. Please consider adding a handicapped WC as some of us cannot use a squat toilet.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Besides the Dehua Pedestrian Street and Erqi Monument Tower, this museum is the next best place to visit in Zhengzhou. Great to know it is free entry, just show your passport to collect the entrance ticket. Opening hours daily 0900 to 1600hr (winter), 0900 to 1630 (summer), Mon closed.

Apparently, the museum holds different exhibits at different time of year. When I was there, it was the last day to exhibit the Egyptian exhibits. These exhibits occupied the right section of the museum. The left section displayed Buddhism exhibits, while the middle section displayed some pottery exhibits.

I spent about 1 hour leisurely viewing the exhibits. English signs and explanations were displayed alongside the exhibits. My only gripe is there wasn’t sufficient benches/seats for visitors to take a rest.

I took bus 93 to the museum, 1 rmb (other buses are 83, B18, S158 & S160). Note for bus ride, ensure you have small notes with you, as buses do not provide change. Overall recommend to visit this free museum if you have spare time.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

Mr Traveling around the world as an Airline pilot, gives me an advantage of staying at many hotels and comparing amenities provided. Staying at the JW Marriott for three nights have me a good prospective and look at this Marriott hotel.
Great rooms great service, however, during this stay I took advantage of the executive lounge, in the morning and in the evening, where I was assisted by three young Ladies, in the evening it was Ms Willa and Ms Mary, in the Morning it was Ms Olivia. Those ladies were outstanding, provided best service I experienced in a long time. Each and everyone of them, made sure that each customer was not missing anything they need. For the service and hard work they provided, I want to thank them and thank you for having them !!