1,314 results
All reviews swimming pool nice atmosphere horizon club stars sea results transport sunset advice
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for one week. The location is good with sea shore, with swimming pool and near attraction area. Breakfast is good. But there are two big disadvantages of this hotel: 1. The hotel is quite old and the wall crack; toilet is very small and it can only allow one person stand in. 2. The service is very bad, it has a regulation that the hotel switches on heater only if the temperature is below 10 degrees centigrade, when I stayed there the temperature was 10 so there was no heating in the hotel, I asked the room service to give me an extra duvet, but I waited for 4 hours until I fell asleep, it did not give to me.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Jane L, Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Beihai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Dear valued guest,

First of all, I would wish you and your family a Happy and Prosperous Year of Dog.
Thank you so much sharing with me your experience in my hotel and I felt so sorry something happened disappointed during your stay.
We had reported to management team what happened to you and I understood your disappointment that something should not happen even in peak season.
Hope you can accept my sincere apology and indulge us to learn and grow from the past.
Thank you again for choosing and staying with Shangri-La hotel, Beihai and I will make every my effort no similar things happen to you and other guests in future.

Best wishes and Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

this luxurious hotel on the seafront in the city centre. The staff deserve five stars for the help with any issue you have. They helped me with my lost luggage.

I recommend giving yourself extra time for the breakfast bar that is rich. Also take a beer and head to the seaside tables for sunset .

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2017

Lovely hotel. But not at 5* level. The hotel maintenance need to be addressed. Upon checking in, the exhaust fan in the bathroom was not working. I reported it. 2 days later when I left, it still was not fixed. Further, the door stop in the bathroom was badly broken. Many pieces of furniture had paint chips that should have been fixed. Just not the standard of a 5* level quality. The buffet however, is one of the best in Beihai. Excellent selection. Very friendly staff. The hotel is not being kept up to 5* level.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Jane L, 公关经理 at Shangri-La Hotel Beihai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear bob k, thanks for your comments and sharing. We are glad to hear that you're satisfied with our buffet and staff. Further, we are sorry for the inconvenience and value your views and suggestions very highly. The Chief Engineering and Housekeeping Executive will follow closely up for the maintenance. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

Definitely not up to SLA standards, but OK. Breakfast is the same every day, and not very good.
The only reason I put 3 stars is because the Gym is very nice and sauna actually worked. If you don't like gym and sauna, then consider the hotel 2 stars. Room and bed are ok, but Chinese smoke in halls and of course are loud (this is expected though).
Not much to do in Beihai, doubt we will return. We thought this place was going to be clean air, but it is very polluted.

Date of stay: January 2017
Jane L, 公关经理 at Shangri-La Hotel Beihai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Dear jdeerwester, thanks for your comments and sharing. We are glad to hear that you're satisfied with our gym and sauna. We will improve our breakfast and make it good. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

The hotel was within easy walking distance from the old town and seafood island. Plenty of food choices at the hotel. The hotel has a nice location with a nice view of the ocean. The stafff was great and room was clean and comfortable.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear nmfozzie, on behalf of our entire team, we would like to welcome you to Shangri-La Hotel, Beihai. We are truly delighted to have you staying with us. We are proud to make your memorable experience with us in Beihai. we aim to exceed expectations through consistent quality and value in our products and services. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.