US$93
US$65
US$101
US$69
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

US$196
US$156
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 2 August 2015

My company held a sales training in Southern China and I helped organize the event with about 20 colleagues. I chose Huizhou because of the beaches, and Sheraton because of its reputation. At the end of the day, the beaches were lesser to my expectation but the hotel was much of a disappointment. The location was a bit remote from the main business area of Xunliao Bay, a good 30 mins drive from the toll booth connecting the mainland with the peninsula. In other words, if you do not have a car you are trapped. I guess the key disappointment is that you would expect some service from staff being Sheraton, but most of our staff engagements were fustrating, I wouldn't even call that disappointing. Our group stayed for 3 days so I have plenty to write, but I would give you some examples starting with front desk. I was checked in by an ice cold lady, forget about the smile and the greeting. It felt like I am talking to an agent in the Inland Revenue Service/Tax department. I looked at the rest of the agent and they were all stone face. They would give short answer only when you ask. One of my colleague checked in 3 times to different rooms, the first two times there were people in the room taking shower, and the ladies' husband was going to kill my colleague for intruding! The front desk said we came at the peak time hence the hiccup in room assignment. The air in the room was very sticky, so were all the furniture and fabrics, air conditioner was really not functioning that well. We went to the Asian restaurant. It was deserted. We ordered draft beer to start. The waiter was gone for 20 mins while we looked at the food menu. We were trying to chase down the waiter, we couldn't so a waitress came and we had to repeat our order, and the funny thing was that she asked if we want our draft beer in cans or bottles???? What the hell! (Just so you know we were asking in both English and Chinese so not a language barrier but product knowledge). We went to the beach side BBQ dinner next day, nice view, but the food was not what you would normally expected for a barbecue buffet dinner, and most of the food was a repeat from the breakfast buffet. We went to the lobby bar, sat down, no one would come over to serve. We had to walk to the bar and asked them to serve. We also went to the game room and played some snooker, after some time a staff barged in and said you guys haven't paid (not in a nice way). We said we paid up front. She then said it's past 60 mins so you haven't paid now! Our group revisited the Asian restaurant on our final day, the waitress took 20 mins to get our order (and repeated that to us). Then she came out and tell us order-by-order that they ran out of food on half of our order, and went on later to have a personal arguement with the number of orders we had because of the messup. The quick lunch has turned into a 2 hour waiting game. Imagine our group spent almost ten thousands US and was treated like that, and what would have happened to their other customers? I had too many examples but let me stop right here.
The only people that act like Sheraton staff were the front desk supervisor during check out, and the banquet sales manager. It only appeared to be damage control.
It's best to think of this place as an independently owned and operated hotel, with a Sheraton logo. Everyone was acting on their own and had no formal customer service training. It's best to set your expectation to zero so you won't be disappointed. The Sheraton management should also seriously consider if they would disassociate their name with the property, before more damages are done on their goodwill.

Room Tip: A room facing the ocean really makes a difference, don't save that few dollar if you have come that far.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled on business
3  Thank mctdog
Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

Over the years I have stayed and over 30 Sheraton hotels. I have been in awe at many Sheraton hotels. This one was underwhelming. I went there in a weekday driving from Shenzhen.

The room looked OK, but the bed was harder than any bed I have slept on in a western hotel.

The balcony had the powder coat peeling and was rusty. The shoddy build was showing.

The dilapidation started to really show at breakfast when I noticed mold growing on the walls. Nothing warm water, bleach and a cloth couldn't fix, but come on this is suppose to be a starred hotel. The breakfast was pretty average.

Went out early to the pool. Cigarette butts all over the place.

The lights beside the one outside pool had exposed electric wires and we're not earthed. The tiles in another pool were broken.

If I was paying 400 yuan and it was a local chinese hotel I would be satisfied, but at 1000 yuan it is poor value. Could have flown to thailand and stayed somewhere nice for similar money with less effort.

I don't expect it to be a sheraton much longer.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yianhk
Reviewed 10 May 2015 via mobile

Spent one night here with my family and friends with their 2 sons. Came in from Dongguan for the weekend. I read a lot about the hotel on tripadvisor before and I would have to say that I agree with some of the comments. 2 that stood out the most were old/dated hotel and air conditioning doesn't properly cool. Both are true. However, being a Sheraton one thing you can always can't on that the rooms are clean and facilities working. The Chinese restaurant was good and breakfast was ok but they probably cater more towards the mad rush of local tourist.

Now here is the big AWESOME.......the staff. ALL the staff were amazing. Everyone was top notch from the time we checked in to the time we checked out. Whether it was room service bringing extra towels or the pool cleaner being polite and asking us to wait while he cleaned the pool to the cabana boy taking the time to explain the hot springs they were all 100% on top of their game. Really amazing. Just based on the staff alone I can recommend this place.

Special thanks to James Huang - he helped check us in and out and who really made sure our stay was great. He even asked if there was any critique from us and when I told him about the air conditioning he took note and I had a feeling he cared. Thanks James for all your help.

Special thanks to Christina Fang - she worked in the lobby bar and served lunch. Very attentive and fast. Had 3 kids with us and 3 gentlemen were smoking even though this is a non smoking facility. She didn't hesitate to go over and ask them to please stop. For those of you who know China that's not an everyday occurrence for a young, petite Chinese lady to ask 3 older men to stop smoking. But she did and they obliged. Anyway great job Christina and thanks so much.

Lily from the Spa was also great she took the time to answer your questions and recommended something for my wife. We didn't actually end up going but she was helpful.

But seriously everyone had a smile on their face and was so professional and helpful. I would come back just for the staff.

Stayed: May 2015
Reviewed 10 April 2015 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times. First time was great, second time they have closed off the beach due to unstable waves. The most recent stay was in march 2015, they have closed off the beach as they were having some sort of constructions happening. And we were not notified of this when we booked the hotel. This totally defied the purpose of my vacation as the sole objective of the trip was to float in the ocean and lay on the beach. We ended up renting a small speedboat and visited other beaches on deserted islands. Hotel itself I would give 4 stars. Everything was very clean, staff was very pleasant and well trained, very polite. Food was awesome, everything was top notch for all of my visits. Had to knock one star off for the beach though. When the beach was opened, the beach was very small and narrow, water was not clear, sand was rough. Nothing in comparisons with the beaches on deserted islands closeby. We have sneaked into the beaches for the hotels closeby and they were much larger. Water is still not clear though.

Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple
AmandaYuan, Manager at Sheraton Huizhou Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2015

Dear Connie C,
We are delighted that you have been stay in Sheraton Huizhou Beach Resort for many times. We do expect to welcome you again in near future. We do apologize for the challenges you faced with the beach situation, since we have closed the left side beach, but we open the private beach for guests in Sheraton villa, it's a really nature beach and sand is soft. Thanks a lot for you compliment on our staff, we always provide Sheraton warm service to all guest.
Thank you once again for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you “home” once again soon.

Best regards,

Online Marketing Team

Reviewed 5 April 2015 via mobile

This hotel is seriously overpriced, so we choose to have a lunch there instead of spending a night. However, disappointed still. Price is average, food is good, environment is nice, but very little air conditioning.

We took a seat near the window, expecting a nice view and nice lunch. However when they bring up the food, we started sweating. The temperature should be around 25-27 which is acceptable if you are not eating. Well unfortunately this is a restaurant and we come to eat.

We complained to the waiter, who show little interest explaining it is the engineering dept. setting. I then asked for the manager and the manager also can do nothing but offer us to change to a table directly under the air outlet. Well we took it, what else can we do ?

Considering a seriously priced 5-star hotel running out of air condition in early April which is normally cold. If we come at July, this place gonna turn into a sunna.

This is not a new hotel and I really don't think we are the only one complaining. I saw 1 later-added aircon unit installed probably because of too many customer complaint but still far not enough. Solving this problem wasn't difficult, simply add some more unit. It may not look nice, but at least it let the guest eat comfortably.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled with family