Regal Palace Hotel
US$39
Garden Hotel(Dongguan)
US$23
Trip.com
All reviewstrade showcanton fairjapanese restaurantexhibitionmassagespachinatvusdconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 15, 2018

Perfect hotel with everything you need within the hotel, including an amazing Japanese Restaurant.
Rooms are MASSIVE & the TV in the bath is just my favourite.
We stay here for the Canton Fair every year - although about an hour (traffic depending) from the fair it is a nice hotel to relax in.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Kelly A
Reviewed February 5, 2018

The Regal hotel has a complicated layout and the rooms are a good walk from reception but they are large, comfortable rooms with all facilities. Breakfast faciklties are good with a rich selection of dishes and very helpful mainly Indian management. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank 60max
Reviewed August 23, 2017

There isn't enough nice things I can say about this hotel. One of the nicest mid-range hotels I have stayed in.

To start, when we arrived our rooms weren't ready (traveling with two business colleagues), so we were instantly apologized to and were given certificates for professional 55 minute foot massages at a salon next door while we waited.

The massages were fantastic. Because that was so good, I followed that up with a 90 minute full body massage. Like many massage parlors in Asia that have a 'hidden agenda,' this was straight up legit, and WELL worth the $55 USD I spent. (Plus tip, of course.)

The room was very large and incredibly comfortable.

The service here is top notch and many of the desk staff and concierge speak English very well.

It is a beautiful property in a great area of small local restaurants and shops, and a modern shopping area just across the street.

Sadly, I do not get to this part of China often, but when I do come back, I will stay here!

Room Tip: Great views from the higher floors.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

Joined a 2-day trip and lodged into this Regal Palace Hotel in the middle of Hau Jei, Dongguan. This is one of the few well established hotel around, you can tell by looking up to the sky. Only a few high skier here, including Sheraton in the opposite of the road.

You have quite some reviews on the rooms so I wish to share my impression of it, the surrounding.

I start taking up jogging and running in about a year ago. We check-in quite late as we were busy enjoying the buffet, the foot spa and the mall (Wanda Plaza, a couple of blocks away). Early this morning, when I look out of my window in the 27/F, there is a large open space (a recreation park, I think) just a block away. Joined the young people who were jogging there, feel free (of course not long, when the hot summer sun also joins us). A very nice outdoor area close to a hotel where air is fresh.

Back to hotel, there is a gym and a swimming pool on the 7/F. Skipped the Spa and jumped into the gym room for a bit workout.

Talked about exercises? Yes, this hotel does give us the feeling of leisure hotel. If you are in Dongguan, take the subway and it's a few blocks away.

Hope you will find this helpful if you are considering to stay around.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2017 via mobile

I would stay here about 6 times a year, a very Grand spacious old hotel with a great fitness Center and selection of Restaurants. Not many staff speak English except for Garry, a very accommodating and hospitable Indian gentleman that cannot do enough for you, they don't exchange Australian dollars so be sure to do that prior at the airport.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business