The Westin Xiamen
  • Fitness center
US$130
US$84
Trip.com
All reviewslatin restaurantheavenly bedservice staff aregreat hotelexecutive suiteseparate bathspacious bathroomcoffee makerbig mallsoaking tubbusiness tripthe room service menuguest experiencewould highly recommend this hotelbreakfast buffetother citiesthe club lounge
Reviewed 26 October 2015

Beautiful hotel in a beautiful city. My room was on the 36th floor and surrounded by glass walls, all with magnificent views. The room was contemporary and spacious with an elaborate massage chair. Breakfast included many options with Chinese specialties and some American favorites. Desserts (even at breakfast) were fantastic. Service was exceptional.

Stayed: October 2015
Westin X, Guest Exprience Team at The Westin Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Xiamen.

It's delighted to know that you are satisfied with every aspect of your recent stay. Our guest rooms Our guest rooms are designed to let you be at your best with modern comforts, state-of-the-art technology, and uplifting views of the lake, mountains, or city. Thank you for your regcognition.

And it's great to hear that you had enjoyable breakfast dining experience. Our restaurants offer virtually every type of cuisine. I would like to recommend you to try the lunch and dinner in the other restaurants of our hotel, we also carefully design our menu based on our SuperFoodsRx program, to make you feel energetic and healthy.

We appreciate your recognition and we will work hard to make sure we maintain the same level of service in the hotel. At Westin it is our aim to make sure our guests leave feeling better than when they arrived. We will keep developing our services and products, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2015

Arrived at the hotel about 9.30pm, where I was told I had been upgraded from a Executive suite to the presidential suite. To say this service and room was a understatement. The only issue was I turned up at 9.30 and not 3 pm to enjoy it all. The view was fantastic along with very friendly service from the girls in the Club lounge

Room Tip: have good Luck!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business
Westin X, Guest Experience team at The Westin Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Xiamen. It's delighted to know you are satisfied with every aspect of your recent stay.

We are glad that you had enjoyable stay at our expansive Presidential Suite, and hope you can have a longer stay with us to enjoy more about our facilities and services.Thank your for your recognition to our Westin Executive Club lounge. Your kind words about our associates will be shared with the team as it will encourage us to improve in the future. At Westin, it is our aim to make sure our guests leave feeling better than when they arrived.

Again, we appreciate your recognition and we will work hard to make sure we maintain the same level of service in the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 October 2015

Best hotel in Xiamen, I will not go anywhere else in Xiamen. Beautiful bedrooms and indoor swimming pool. The staff is very nice and friendly. Close to airport, next to supermarket, and plenty of good food around.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled solo
Westin X, Guest Experience Team at The Westin Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Xiamen.

It's delighted to know you are satisfied with every aspect of your recent stay. And we are glad that you found our location convenient. The Westin Xiamen is located in the Wu Yi Plaza, an ultra-modern complex that combines arts, sports, retail, and entertainment under one roof. Towering above the city, the hotel offering guests direct access to the central business district and tourist.

At Westin, it is our aim to make sure our guests leave feeling better that when thay arrived. We will keep developing our services and products, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

I only stayed 3 nights but service and room were great. Fitness facilities are well equipped and easy to access. Breakfast was best in China so far. View from 29th floor was amazing. The Latin bar and its food is very recommendable but a bit pricy for China (therefore only 4/5 stars) but I would definitely come again!

Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business
Westin X, Guest Experience Team at The Westin Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Xiamen. We appreciate your positive comments very much. We are glad that you are satisfied with every aspect of your recent stay.

Towering above the city, our hotel building is the tallest in the area overlooking the scenery Yundang Lake and Xianyue Mountain. It's delighted to know that you enjoyed the amazing views.

And it's great to hear you had enjoyable dining experience in the breakfast and dinner at QBA. Located on the 1st floor, QBA is a vibrant hotspot for social dining, combining signature Latin flavors with a fusion of dishes from all around the world to suit all tastes.

At Westin, it is our aim to make sure our guests leave feeling better than when they arrived. We will keep developing our services and products, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights with my parents and a friend. I chose the Westin as I'd stayed at others. I think staff here are excellent. Everyone spoke perfect English and was super helpful. I had booked a king size / twin bed and at check in the staff had asked if I had wanted King. I nodded yes without thinking. When I got to the room I realised what I had nodded yes to and called to ask to change to twin bed. The change of rooms was quick and efficient. I didn't even have to go downstairs to the check in desk again.

I'm not sure if this was deliberate but at check in the staff had noticed my parents speaking Cantonese and not a lot of English. After, every time I needed something (room service or even the change of room) we had a Cantonese speaker at the door! If this was deliberate, thumbs up! If not, still thumbs up as it made their stay even better.

On the first night we were very delayed due to the heavy rain and some crazy traffic so we ended up eating at the hotel restaurant. I think we were the only ones in there but drinks took about 20 mins and food took over 30 mins to arrive. When ordering the waitress had warned me that my choice of lamb would take a long time so I changed my option to a salad. Therefore waiting 30 minutes was a little too long! Makes me wonder how long the lamb would have taken...

During my stay there happened to be a film crew filming at the hotel. One morning when I went to go for a swim I was told I couldn't as they were filming. So I went to the gym instead. I wasn't actually that bothered as I enjoy both but had thought that maybe someone should have warned guests in advance.

Breakfast was good. My main complaint was the coffee! The coffee machine didn't deliver hot enough coffee so was pretty disappointed I didn't have a good cup of coffee to start my day. Most days I swung by the nearest coffee shop to pick up a coffee.

Overall a very pleasant experience. Convenient location. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled with friends
Westin X, Guest Experience Team at The Westin Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing The Westin Xiamen. We appreciate your positive comments very much. We are glad that you are satisfied with our service.