Free cancellation until 07/27
Free cancellation until 07/29
US$36
US$31
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$36/night.

US$121
Trip.com
US$143
US$119
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

US$55
US$43
Trip.com
  • Fitness center
Bestel Hotel(Xiamen)
US$54
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgerman restaurantgerman beerpaulaner brauhausduring weekendsnice hotelsleep qualitystayed for nightsexcellent staybreakfast buffetthe ground floorspacious roomrain showerswimming poolclub loungelobbybusinesswellness
Reviewed 18 March 2018

This was my first trip to China, therefore also the first time to Xiamen. I visited other cities as well during this trip but found Xiamen to be the one of the best cities I visited in China. Xiamen is not a huge city therefore the location of the hotel is not a real problem. Kempinski is one of the new hotels in Xiamen. It is modern, luxurious and huge! The rooms are of 5-star standards with spacious bathrooms, great lighting, great bed and great facilities. The view from my room was breathtaking. The breakfast spread was huge too! I wish I could stay in Kempinski longer! Strongly recommended if you are staying in Xiamen.

Room Tip: Views from rooms on higher floors is better. Rooms facing the front of the hotel have better views.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Jenny P, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

It was indeed our pleasure to have you stay with us at Kempinski Hotel Xiamen and nice to hear you had a most enjoyable and relaxing stay with us. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back once again upon your next visit to Xiamen.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Visited this place the other week and was so impressed with the food we came back and next time I visit I'm likely to stay in the hotel.

Many thanks to Eileen who looked after us with her service but big big big thank you for such beautiful food goes to the chef Kai and his team. Cannot fault the lovely tasting food that's presented and will definitely be back soon.

10 out of 10

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Kempinski Hotel Xiamen is a very nice hotel which is able to provide all what you expect from a five star hotel except during Chinese New Year. It was disappointing to be told at check-in that a many of the restaurants were closed. We chose Hotel because we knew they have a Paulana Bierstube, but it was closed and the lounge bar wasn't able to serve the hole menu either. We'w have chosen another hotel nearer to the city center if we knew it before. The room was huge and the bed nice and comfortable. The shower was in the same room as the toilet with a glass partition but there was no wash basin and you had to go to a separate wash basin and bathtub room to wash your hands. The fitness center was well equipped and the pool was good. It seems During CNY they have decide to increased the room rate and lowered their service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view over the nearby lak
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Philip R
Jenny P, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Valued Guest:

It was indeed our pleasure to have you stay with us at Kempinski Hotel Xiamen and I truly appreciate your valued comments which are very much appreciated.

May I take this opportunity to apologise for the necessary annual maintenance of Paulaner and thank you in advance for your kind understanding on it.

Once again I thank you for choosing Kempinski Xiamen during your recent visit and for your valued comments.

With my best personal regards

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Kempinski is world renowned for their 5 + star rating. Not this one.

Room was an oven. No air conditioning in room. Complained and was told would fix it otherwise upgraded to a suite. No fix, no upgrade. Uncomfortable to say the least.

Room was as dark a cave, terrible illumination. No closet to talk about, drawers are non existent.

Room service was a joke ! They could not execute a breakfast order as nobody ever came around to collect the breakfast order tag hanging on outside door knob.

Customer service non existent, when calling and requesting to speak to duty manager, was told duty manager is busy, at 5:45 am.....

The best part of the was checking out was knowing never to return.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
4  Thank Raymond S
Jenny P, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing to stay with us at Kempinski Xiamen during your recent trip to Xiamen.

I personally wish to take this opportunity to convey my personal sincere apologies to you for the inconvenience you experienced.

I sincerely trust you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with the standard of service that you should enjoy when staying at a Kempinski hotel and hope you will choose to stay with us at the Kempinski Xiamen upon your next visit to Xiamen. This will also allow me the opportunity to be able to apologise to you in person.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

The room is spacious and clean.
The bed is excellent :)
The breakfast buffet has many options.

In front of the hotel, there's a large park - great for a morning run or stroll!

It's a large business-like hotel and there are not many restaurant options in its direct vicinity. Taxis are easily obtained though.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
Jenny P, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018