US$97
Agoda.com
US$50
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgerman restaurantgerman beerpaulaner brauhausduring weekendsnice hotelsleep qualitybreakfast buffetthe ground floorrooms are largeswimming poolrain showerclub loungelobbybusinesswellnesstoiletchina
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Used this hotel as a base to implement software to local company and stayed for 7 days.
Occupied one of the junior suites which was absolutely fantastic allowing separate space to work and connect to the internet with excellent speeds. Having to work around the clock I called upon room service a great deal and it was superb and always timely and varied.
The huge king size bed was really comfortable and the bath and separate shower provided comfort, making my stay a
pleasure.
Mornings were equally great as the restaurant provided virtually everything you could wish with friendly and efficient service.
I only ate once in the restaurant for dinner but this also met the high standard and quality that makes this hotel one of the best I’ve frequented. Highly recommend.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
Jenny P, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

We are always happy delighted to read such wonderful comments about our staff and hotel. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back once again upon your next visit to Xiamen.

With my best personal regards,

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

I have stayed in several hotels in Xiamen but this one really topped it all!
The staff is super alert. They offer help when they meet you in the lift. Their housekeeper had the initiative to place a mouse pad for me when they saw me using my laptop without any. Their food restaurant is crowded during weekends but food choice is good. I dont speak Mandarin but they really went out of their way to assist me always. This is true customer service.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Jenny P, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear Valued Guest:

It is indeed our pleasure to have you stay in Kempinski Hotel Xiamen and glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 November 2017

Very good location, spacious room with good amenities, chef personally came to take my order as i have special dietary requirements, great service and very helpful staffs.

Must say from pick up and drop off to the airport, it was a very experience with the quality of service from the staffs, will surely stay again.

jcspcp@gmail.com - +60391307122

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Jenny P, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
It was indeed our pleasure to have you stay with us at Kempinski Hotel Xiamen and nice to hear you had a most enjoyable and relaxing stay with us.
With my best personal regards,

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Just spent 3 nights at this hotel and had a good stay. Great views and large clean room. Staff very helpful but limited English. No big deal though, that's why we have translate apps these days!

The lobby is well appointed with a bar area, and the breakfast is really good and offers a diverse and fresh experience.

Fitness room was adequate and staff are all very professional and accommodating.

Right across the street is a river with a cool walking path and there is a German pub on the ground floor that had some good vibes.

When in Xiamen, I'd recommend giving this place a try.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Jenny P, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing kind reviews with us.

It's fantastic to hear you have had an good stay with us and enjoyed the services & facilities that our hotel has to offer. Many thanks also for your kind words for our staff, breakfast and fitting room.

I am very sorry about the inconvenience caused by our staff's limited English. We will try our best to make it better.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future

With my best regards,

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I have been staying at the Kempinski for years and always found it a good quality hotel with excellent service and facilities. During a recent stay however. Early November 2017, The temperatures in the rooms is over 25 °C. With the lack of airflow and the recirculating stale air it is impossible to sleep in such an environment, especially if you are used much lower temperatures and movement of air.

The problem is that they have policy that when it turns winter time they increase the internal temperature centrally. This is all despite the fact that it is 28 °C outside during the day and around 20°C at night. They were unable to find a method to cool or circulate cool air inside the rooms and as a result I have had to check out to an alternative hotel. Pretty sad affair for a 5* hotel.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel with air conditioning that you can self regulate. That way you'll be able to sleep.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Jenny P, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Mr Burke:

It is indeed my pleasure to have you stay in Kempinski Hotel Xiamen and truly appreciate your valued comment regarding the room temperature, and we shall address it accordingly.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back once again upon your next visit to Xiamen.

Best regards,