All reviews small hotels one night w trek stayed here spoke good english torres del paine chilli camilla hostels tours station tdp bus books laundry
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here one night before my W trek at Torres del Paine, and one night after this. First impression with this hotel is that the staffs are so friendly and tries to socialize with the travelers, which was great. They asked me about the soccer player from my country who played in their home league, and about united olympic women's hocky team, which was an issue those times. They felt like my room mates, which was pretty cool. And, they take your extra-weight bagagges for FREE, so I could leave my books, laptop, extra shoes and foods in the hotel, which helped me a lot with W trekking. This hotel is less than 500 meter from the bus stop. Laundry is just the next door. I would definitely stay at this hotel one more time, as long as the staffs are the same, and if I would do the W or O trek once more.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2018

We went there 2 nights and the room is quite old with old bedsheets. The bathroom is more or less clean but the overall state of the room is pretty old.
One mistake we did is to order the food from their restaurant, it was simply terrible. Either they don't have a cook or they don't know how to cook because the burger we ordered was so bad we couldn't eat it. They don't have french fries so served boiled potatoes instead. We were quite disappointed also with breakfast.
What is up with the ham and cheese sandwich and the plastic everywhere - aren't they suppose to be a bit green?

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

This is simply a good clean no fuss hotel. It is run by a lovely couple and their son Camilo who speaks english. The room was comfortable and the food was good. They have a restaurant and bar on site. I choose it initially because of close proximity to the bus station for leaving early in the morning for TdP which was ideal. It is also walking distance to the downtown shopping area with large supermarket if you want to get supplies for TdP.
You can leave excess luggage for free if you are staying again after returning from TdP otherwise you can do so for a small fee. I stayed an additional 2 nights after returning from TdP because the atmosphere was so relaxing and the staff were so friendly and helpful. There is also a very convenient laundrette around the corner.
Surprisingly they also run day tours by boat if looking for something different to do.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Helpful staff got us on our 2 day trips as soon as we arrived. Good bed, hot water, heater and good wifi throughout. Best value in overpriced accom for this town. Breakfast was mediocre with no fruit or eggs and crap coffee, but thats the same all over Chile. Good restaurant and cold beer on site, luggage storage easy to access. Daily towel change and bed makeup was novel, and really appreciated daily empty of the nasty toilet paper bin- unusual in S America

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We chose alcazar because of price and location. It turned out to be an absolute gem. More price effective than many other hostels, close to bus and very friendly staff.
Camilo was so helpful and spoke good English, we really enjoyed his company. We were able to have beers in the afternoon which were well priced and invite our friends as well.
We were assisted with lots of information etc., breakfast was regular for this type of accommodation but as we stayed a week, we were treated to changes in the breakfast.
The room was very comfortable, clean and every day our room was made up with fresh towels, which you do not find in many hostels.
We would recommend a stay here for price and convenience and friendliness.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple