“Relaxing stay in a beautiful place”

Ry's Lotus Resort D'Angkor
Ranked #203 of 384 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at Ry's Lotus Resort d'Angkor for two months, in a tidy two bedroom apartment with its own covered little seating area outside. The resort is about 6 km from downtown Siem Reap, and the nearest groceries etc. are therefore not easily accessible. But we bought bicycles, and the 15-20 minute ride to town gave us a chance to see lots of local life. The resort is beautiful, with plants, flowers and butterflies everywhere, and a gazebo overlooking a lily pond. There is a lovely, clean pool, and I loved swimming daily in water made pleasantly warm by the sun. And because the area is mostly very peaceful, it's perfect if you're trying to get writing or similar work done. The other guests are mostly long-term tenants, and everyone is friendly while still giving you your privacy.

The manager Barang and his wife and staff did everything to make our stay enjoyable; they are good people who genuinely care for their guests. Whatever issue we had, they were quick to take care of it as best they could. Overall we had a relaxing stay, and I would recommend the resort to anyone looking for peace and quiet in a beautiful setting.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed here with my husband and son for 5 months in one of the lovely, modern 2 bedroomed villas in this boutique resort. We absolutely love the countryside setting, where the sunsets from the roof terrace or the views of passing water buffalo are very special. The resort is managed by the ever-helpful Barang and his wife, and the grounds are kept spotless. The tropical garden is a haven for butterflies and you can enjoy the shade of the gazebo on the lotus pond. The pool is really refreshing and kept clean at all times. Our accommodation is air conditioned and everything is well maintained, so we have not had to worry about anything during our stay. The kitchen is small but has everything a small family could need for cooking, including a large fridge/freezer, microwave, etc. It is a little distance from the centre of Siem Reap but that's what we love about it - it's quiet and you get a feeling of being out of the craziness. But it's only a short tuk tuk ride into the centre, and Barang will always help you with what you need, such as transport or tours etc. It is like living in your own little village with friendly neighbours and everything you need to enjoy your time in Siem Reap.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2017

My wife and I spent 6 days at the resort. Barang, the manager drive us forth and back for the airport.

Polly cooked vegetarian breakfast and dinner every day. We found no other restaurants in the old market could cook better food than her.

They also help to book tuktuk for sight seeing too.

I strongly recommend this resort for travel if you short stay at Siem Reap any time.

Room Tip: It's better in having long stay at this resort.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jerefmimi
Reviewed September 18, 2017

i stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment for 1 month & cannot speak highly enough about this place. A friend stayed with me for the first 2 weeks & absolutely loved it here as well. The apartment itself has everything you require for a wonderful relaxing stay including a very well maintained pool. The Manager Barang, Polly his wife & Vanna his brother are terrific, nothing was too much trouble for them. i cannot speak highly enough about the service Barang provided, as i like to go out of a night into town to catch up with friends & go clubbing & have a few drinks. I have hired a motorbike for during to the day to get around as its around at least 10 minutes into town to Pub st but at night need a Tuk Tuk into town due to drinking. If it was either too wet or couldnt organise a Tuk Tuk Barang would take me himself into town on his motorbike. I ended up getting quite sick during my stay this time & asked Barang to call a Tuk Tuk to the International Hospital. He took it upon himself to drive me personally there & would not leave me at all. After they had done blood tests etc on me & put me on the correct Antibiotics etc Barang made sure i was ok & dropped me in town to get some supplies etc. He is an amazing guy who i have made good friends with & will always stay in contact with & his wife. He's incredibly hard working & goes above & beyond to make sure his guests have everything they need for a relaxing enjoyable stay. Apart from the distance to town this is a terrific place, one negative is the padlock on gate which is quite frustrating to deal with when you are returning of a night or in the early hours of the morning. The property is very secure with a 2 metre high gate that is locked of a night for security. The only problem is the padlock is always locked on the inside of the gate which makes it pretty awkward for unlocking & getting in, especially after a big night of drinking the difficulting increases quite alot. I had dropped my key one night inside of the gate & could not retrieve it as was too far in, I tried contacting Barang & Vanna & ringing the doorbell for at least 20 minutes & eventually Vanna came to open the gate. To avoid this happening again i suggest they change the padlock & put a proper lock on the gate so its easy to open whether u are on the apartment side or outside the complex trying to get back into your apartment. i did tell Barang but I don't think he fully understands how frustrating & annoying it can be. I will definately stay here again but just hoping they do something about the gate because it was lucky it wasn't raining that morning when locked out but if it was it would have been awful. Please look into this as it is very frustrating & happened many times to us where we struggled to get back in of a night.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the front gate
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

The apartment complex had everything you needed with great service from Barang and his team. It is situated about 10 mins out of Siem Reap via Tuk tuk car or bike but the peacefulness and beautiful setting of this complex make it worthwhile. Sleep will come easy.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Barang K, General Manager at Ry's Lotus Resort D'Angkor, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Dear Ebony Curran,

Warmest greeting from Ry’s Lotus Resort d’Angkor.

Great to see your review on our TripAdvisor and thank you very much for your wonderful and lovely feedback, we really appreciate and sincerely thanks for your value time to sharing our properties.
We hope that, overall, it was an inspiring experience and we hope that your memories would motivate you to come back again in the future.

Yours sincerely,