“Exploring Siem Reap by E-bike” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ovelocity - E-Bike Rental

Ovelocity - E-Bike Rental
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ovelocity is bringing green transport in the city of Siem Reap with our electric bike available for both locals and tourists to visit the city and its surrounding. Our quality electric bike for rental will give you a unique and memorable experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Pasig, Philippines
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Exploring Siem Reap by E-bike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2016

Renting an e-bike from Ovelocity is easy. The shop is located close to the town centre. They picked me up from my hotel and brought me to the shop and there I filled up the form and checked the e-bike for condition or damage if there’s any. I was asked to leave my passport, which I was able to get back when I returned the vehicle. Rental is $10 per day. that includes a lock, helmet and charger for the battery.

I had the e-bike for three days. It was a fantastic adventure going around Siem Reap by e-bike. It was exciting and enjoyable ride. I enjoyed seeing the temples more this time because of the unique and adventurous experience. So when in Siem Reap, go for e-bike to have a fun and memorable tour of Angkor temples.

Visited July 2016

Bend, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Place to Rent! Perfect for Ankor Wat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2016

We had wanted to rent motor bikes here in Siem Reap to tour around Ankor Wat, but had read accounts that police will confiscate your bike and fine you for not having a license, so we opted for e-bikes instead and they were great! Ours pegged out at 31.5km/hour and you never have to actually pedal if you don't want. It was perfect for touring around Ankor Wat. There is a restaurant in Ankor Wat that you can stop at to switch out batteries, and I believe they have multiple battery-swap locations in the works. Both the staff at the shop and the operators at the battery-swap restaurant were beyond pleasant to work with and genuinely friendly and warm. I highly recommend this company as well as the form of transportation in general!

Visited October 2016
2 Thank jrduke4
OvelocityEbikeRental, Manager at Ovelocity - E-Bike Rental, responded to this review, October 7, 2016
Your comment is truly appreciated as our team strive to provide both the best service and quality for our customers. We are also glad to hear that you had great time and experience with us. Thanks for taking the time to write the review.
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Waste of 1 day in Angkor, money for the ticket into Angkor and the rental of the bike”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2016

I've used electric bikes before. I know what I'm in for... usually.
I used them for one day, worked fine, changed battery at their place near Ta-Prohm, all fine. So I decided to renew for one more day.

Day 2, the battery died very rapidly after I'd used the bike for only about 20 km (promised autonomy: 30-40km), between Angkor Wat west entrance and Bayon. I pedaled back to Angkor Wat (not very effective or easy on these bikes - feel free to try yourselves), because according to the map they provided, there was another battery exchange place there.
Surprise #1: there wasn't.
Surprise #2: when I called them, they blamed me, said their staff had warned me of this when giving me the map. I pointed out that if they had told me, I wouldn't have gone there. But I realize this is my word against theirs, so just take this as a warning: the only battery exchange place is near Ta Prohm - ignore the map.
Surprise #3: When I met the manager in person later, he pretty much accused me of lying about the 20 km even though I gave him more evidence about the faulty battery (read on).
Surprise #4: They wanted me to pay them extra to come meet me with a new battery.
Eventually the ladies at one of the checkpoints kindly let me recharge the battery there (there's a charger in the front basket).

By this point my sunset photography plan had gone out of the window. I unplugged the battery after an hour (OK, 57 minutes), as I was also concerned about getting back before it was too dark, as the headlight would have used up more of the battery.

Surprise #5: I didn't even make it to the museum (on Charles de Gaulle street) before the battery died again. The very kind owner of the gym equipment store just before the museum let me charge there for another half hour (see photo).

I finally made it back, asked to talk to the owner. He interrupted me multiple times whilst I explained the day's odyssey, challenged my integrity (I'd think the above story makes it pretty clear that the battery was faulty), and refused a full refund even for the one day, offering first $5, then $7.
Considering I wasted a day's entry into Angkor, my time, and the lousy experience, I find this unprofessional, to use a euphemism, and rejected his offer. At one point he offered to let me use the bike for free on the next day, but I decided that letting his business ruin one day of my holiday was enough.
He did offer to go to the police together, which I declined as I felt I'd wasted enough time and energy and decided to get back to enjoying my holiday. Took a tuk-tuk the next day.

Visited September 2016
2 Thank doyourownthing
OvelocityEbikeRental, Owner at Ovelocity - E-Bike Rental, responded to this review, October 7, 2016
First of all we are very sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience you had on the second day and the inconvenience made to your well deserved holidays. We are looking into the matter to understand what went wrong so that we can avoid such experience in future. We are appreciating you have taken time to explain in very good details what happened and at least glad to hear that the first day went well. Once again we deeply apologies for the second day experience.
Lille, France
“Visit Angkor wat differently”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

I had a great time in Siem Reap with my friends, partly thanks to these bikes !

The shop location is good, the idea of getting to the temples by electric bike is not only original but also very practical, it permits you to move quicker all around Angkor Wat. Also useful to ride about the city, they have a good autonomy so there's no worry to have about it. And the owners provides a very good and accommodating service.

In a few words, I highly recommend it !

Visited July 2016
Ovelocity E, Public Relations Manager at Ovelocity - E-Bike Rental, responded to this review, September 5, 2016
Dear Kenza, it's great to hear you have enjoyed your time with us. Looking forward seeing you again in future
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Super fun E-bike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2016

I spent last weekend with my friends to small circuit of Anfkor Wat. It was my first time to drive a electric bike, but I feel more easy than I drive a motorbike. I feel safe and easy with ovelocity bike. I could park it anywhere around temple or a place I wanted to visit. I could go through to forest by small road. There are several charging point at temple that u can charge for free. I strongly recommend everyone to experience this incredible ride.

Visited March 2016
Late reply from us but with a big thanks for your great review. We are looking forward in welcoming you again in future. Don't hesitate to talk about us to your friends too.