All reviewscrocodile farmvery pleasant night stayegg chefpub streetdead insectstuk tukthe free breakfast buffetaffordable foodpool deckgreat hotelkulen mountaintoilet and showerthe wi fiamazing roommodern hotelquiet neighborhoodegg station
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Amazing stay at damrei! Couldn't have asked for a better experience..

Pros:
Room: spacious, new, clean, modern, strong aircond, strong water pressure, came with welcome fruit basket/drink upon arrival
Service & concierge: well versed in English, sincere, polite, friendly, patient, goes the extra mile to assist

Cafe: great food, excellent complimentary breakfast spread, best soup noodles in town, great service staff
Location: convenient and quiet; only 10-15 minutes walk from pub street

Last but not least the manager (Lach Veasna) and front office manager (Bunneang Lik). They leveled up the experience as a whole. It's uncommon to find managers who take personal interest to ensure we have the best stay. We couldn't have asked for a more personal and sincere service by the management themselves.

Cons:
None

Would we stay here for our next visit?
Definitely yes!! With plenty more referrals in between..

Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank m3manual
Kong D, Manager at Damrei Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Thank you for staying with us at Damrei Angkor Hotel, Central of Siem Reap and for sharing your review. It is wonderful to learn that you and your friend enjoyed your hotel experience. Our staff is honored by your kind words and thrilled to know they could make your stay special and memorable; we will certainly pass along your commendation to our Front Desk team. We appreciate your taking the time to recommend our hotel to other travelers and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed here during a rather wet few days in July.

Location is OK, down a road with a few shops and restaurant and is right opposite a laundry.

The room was brand new but the build quality lacked what I would consider a good quality finish. More attention to detail is needed but hey this is Asia. The room was spacious and had tea and coffee, a television with a wide selection of channels and air conditioning. The room also had a balcony.

My one complaints about the the room would be the location of a crocodile farm next door which stank like a pig sty for most of our stay and would sometimes permeate our bedroom walls. Not only this but you could hear very a very loud animal hum inside the room which gave the feel you were in a rainforest.

My other complaint would be the housekeeping staff who thought it is acceptable to talk loudly outside my room at 6:30/7 AM - there is no need to shout at this time in the morning and they should be better trained to understand that people are sleeping.

One of the positives of this hotel was the on site restaurant. It was empty the whole time but we ate there everyday. The food was absolutely superb and offers a choice of Asian or Western food and a rather extensive menu. This was great! Breakfast was also good with a good selection and an egg station.

Another downside to this hotel was the extortionate prices that they charge for Tuk Tuks to the attractions - 17 dollars for half a day is too expensive. In all honesty the whole of Siem Reap seems expensive - with temple tickets costing 20 dollars each. I'm not tight but when travelling on a budget you can't help but feel like your pants are being pulled down after spending 57 dollars on a Tuk Tuk and temple entrance for 2 people.

All in all a pleasant and comfortable stay but the small details need refining and the staff need better training.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback,please allow me to apologize that your recent stay with us did not live up to expectations. We value each of our guests and it's never pleasant to be informed that a guest had a negative experiences. One of our staff members would have been more than happy to assist in finding you a different room. We would like to follow up on your cleanliness concerns. Please include us in your next plan to Siem reap, please contact me at gm@damreiangkorhotel.com with the full name on your reservation and your TripAdvisor comment attached. I look forward to hearing from you and further investigating your concerns.

Best Regards,
Lach Veasna

Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

This place has thought of everything. Your greeted by a warm smile and cold drink, along with a refreshing towel for your face and hands. Because they are only about 9 months open, some drivers are not as familiar with the location. But it is close to everything you want and need. My room had a balcony (nice size) over looking the pool area. The bed was big and comfortable. Everything was clean. Water pressure and temperature was great. Also had a fruit platter waiting for you upon arrival. Also has a tut-tut dedicated to the hotel. The staff was smiling and always helpful. I highly recommend this hotel when visiting Siem Reap area. As it was raining when i left, they escorted me out with umbrellas, just a class act i will never forget. Also in the showers they have full size liquid soap, shampoo, and conditioner. Literally all you need is your clothes, they have the rest wsiting for you. ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤ service. My only regret I did not have breakfast (free) because I had left for Angkor Wat to catch the sunrise.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo
Kong D, Manager at Damrei Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

Dear Fred D,

Thanks for writing a review. We appreciate your kind comments about our amazing staff, beautiful beach and nice location.
We take pride in our Associates so your generous feedback means a lot to us. I think we have the kindest and hardest working team in Damrei Angkor hotel. They really go above and beyond to make sure that our guests are enjoying themselves. I am so glad that you impressed by their outstanding customer service.
Thank you for choosing Damrei Angkor Hotel and we hope you will include us in future plan to Siem reap again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2016

I picked this hotel over the top ranking ones because it is new and very reasonably priced. And I am very happy I made that decision. Very surprised to have a welcome drink and fresh cold towel as our welcome amenities upon arrival (and fresh fruit waiting for us in our room!); staff was friendly and check-in was efficient; room was on 2nd floor and very spacious! Buffet breakfast was very good with the price we paid.

On a day when it rained like crazy, staff offered umbrellas as we went out without being prompted. Very impressive service.

Hotel was not far from town (US$3 max) but because it's pretty new so we have to show the address to tuktuk driver every time we tried to catch a ride back to the hotel. No big deal though. Complimentary airport transfer is definitely a plus and I would totally recommend this place to any traveler to Siem Reap.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
Kong D, Manager at Damrei Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2016

Dear Luvly,
It was a pleasure reading your review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel! I was delighted to learn that overall you had a pleasant stay at Damrei Angkor Hotel.
Thank you for staying with us during your visit Siem Reap, Cambodia and we are pleased to invite you to include us in your future plans when you visit Siem Reap again.

We look forward to welcoming you and please feel free to contact me directly via gm@damreiangkorhotel.com should you require further assistance.

Sinerely yours,

Reviewed 17 June 2016

This hotel was only built in october 2015, extremely beautiful, great location and high standard enormous rooms that would not be out of place in any 5* star property. All staff members were extremely polite, always went the extra mile to help and always had a smile on! They offer aiport transfer of 10$ which was extremely reasonable. Also good breakfast and very nice swimming pool. Extremly close to the town and lots of food places near by!

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends
2  Thank 87Nikhil
Kong D, Manager at Damrei Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2016

Dear 87 Nikhil,

Warm greeting from Damrei Angkor Hotel
Thank you very much for your feedback on Trip Advisor. we are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and especially our local team is thrilled by your comments. Now we all hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in not too distant future.

Sincerely yours,