Somadevi Residence
Agoda.com
US$54
US$46
Agoda.com
Golden Temple Residence(Siem Reap)
US$65
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

US$134
Priceline
US$165
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewschampagne restaurantcomplimentary airport transferminute walk to the night marketpub streetangkor watexcellent hotelprivate cartuk tukbeautiful roomsister hotelswimming poolwalking distancewelcome drinknoodlesrecommend this hotelbalconymassage
Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

The decor is trendy and really nice. The room is huge and they've got the best hotel pillow I've ever slept on. They've got a nice looking pool which I didn't use, and a good spa, which I did go to. Loved the massage. It is about 10 minute walk to the night market, so it is close enough, but a nice distance away from the noisy bustle. Would stay there again

Stayed: September 2015
SomadeviBR, Manager at Somadevi Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2015

Dear GinKaiSilver,

Thank you for such a sweet review of our hotel and we look forward to your return soonest.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

I usually stay at mid-range hotels: the affordable but clean, the upscale but wallet friendly. The key word for me is value - what you get for how much you pay. With that in mind, I've never stayed at a hotel this nice, for such a reasonable price. Being in Cambodia might help with the price point, but that's not the whole story. This hotel ~wants~ to be the best it can be. You can tell a difference between a hotel which is running on steam and which is trying it's best; this one is trying very hard. Between the amenities like a large pool, a sauna, a jacuzzi, extra large bed, large tub, pleasantly adorned room, and super attentive and friendly staff, I can't imagine me ever staying someplace else whenever I visit the area. They even have a glass, air conditioned elevator. Importantly, the didn't skimp in all the wrong places like other hotels - it's mid-class luxury all the way: room decor, bathroom facilities and toiletries, pillows and sheets, and even a balcony I actually want to use (since it's as well kept as the room).

That's not to say it's perfect, but the problems are all minor or personal issues. Like the pool - given it's location, the water stays very warm and completely un-refreshing in the heat of the day, with no shade till very late afternoon. Also, I really don't like the showers where the water is allowed to splash everywhere (no walls, it makes a mess), but like I said, that's a personal preference so I don't hold it against the hotel. The only other issue I have is about breakfast - it's good on certain days, and bad on others; in the end, they have 10 slots for the buffet selection, and they fill 7-8 with non-breakfast foods (or at least not western style breakfast foods), so I end up just selecting 1-2 items and eating a lot of it. Given the amount of thought that they put into the rest of the hotel, I'm sure the breakfast is well thought out as well and is the best compromise they can make of the various world breakfast foods. But they have a huge selection, and when I don't want to eat but two or three items, I think the selection needs alteration. I can't help but think that no one wants boiled carrots or sautéed pumpkin, but we'd all (westerners at least) enjoy bacon and pancakes on a daily basis.

Room Tip: all rooms are about the same given the semi-circular design.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
SomadeviBR, Manager at Somadevi Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2015

Dear shadythebones,

Thank you very much for your review and we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Thanks again for your 5 stars review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your
next visit to Siem Reap, Cambodia.

Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

The hotel is very new and beautiful. Located a nice walking distance from the market. The staff is helpful and are very well trained. The bed is huge and they have the Best pillow I've ever slept on in a hotel. Breakfast is just nice, with a small/medium size spread. It is good value for money.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
SomadeviBR, Manager at Somadevi Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2015

Dear 477chank,

What a great review from a senior contributor.

We are very much appreciated for your kind mentions about our staff. We look forward for your return to SOMADEVI RESIDENCE.

Reviewed 17 September 2015

Staff was attentive towards towards customers. Rooms were always made up each time we leave the hotel and return. Convenient location, close to pub street, night market and the lucky mall. only downside, the street outside the hotel can be a little quiet and dark at night as it is not along the main road.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple

Dear Ellennnnnnnnnnn,

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to hear that you are happy with our services.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 September 2015 via mobile

I stayed two nights with my lovely wife for holiday at 5 stars Hotel, very nice and large room big bed. Pool very clean and big. Manager and staff very warm greetings and helpful . I spend only 5 min to pub street and night market and close river. Thank you Somadevi Residence for making my holiday a comfortable. I never forget you and comeback again shortly.

Engsan

Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank ChheaEngsan
SomadeviBR, Manager at Somadevi Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2015

Dear ChheaEngsan,

It's great to see 5 star ratings from first time reviewer. Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.