Golden Temple Residence
US$165
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
1,914 results
All reviewsgolden templenight marketpub streetkhmer dinnercold towelsdance showcomplimentary dinnerfree massageangkor watcocktail hourpicnic lunchone hour massageairport pickuphotel experiencethe hotel staffan oasisswim up bar
Reviewed 6 February 2018

We stayed at Golden Temple Residence for 6 days and it was fantastic. I specifically wanted a boutique hotel so that we would experience Khmer culture and we were not disappointed. The hotel took care of our every need and we wanted for nothing. They arranged a fabulous 4 day tour for us and Mr. Chin (our guide) was amazing (if you go ask for him!). He was helpful when needed but also gave us space to explore so that we didn't feel smothered by our guide.

The room was beautifully appointed and very clean. They even took care to arrange a welcome for our 10 year anniversary- very thoughtful. Breakfast is great- there is something for everyone and every culture there. The hotel itself is great and the pool area is comfortable and relaxing. The complimentary cocktail hour is a nice touch before heading out to Night Market and Pub Street.

Location, Location, Location! Can't be beat. You are literally right on the outskirt of the action. Walk one street over and you are at Night Market and Pub Street. I can't imagine having stayed anywhere else. In fact, I kind of felt bad for hotels that were further away!

The front desk was accommodating in changing out larger bills for us (I had a total mental lapse when planning and only brought large bills). They also arranged for dinner reservations when we asked (try Chanrey Tree- it was great!).

I could go on and on about our stay. It was great.

If I had to give a con (only because I believe in balance in reviews) it would be the street noise- particularly one night when the restaurant across the had some thumping music. Our room faced the pool/street. I called the front desk and they called the restaurant and asked it they could turn the music down and they did! This just shows you how accommodating they are! Beyond that, I had a sound machine on my phone and it drowned out everything else. No trouble sleeping after that!

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jessica M
GTGROUP, General Manager at Golden Temple Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Dear Jessica M,

It was an honor and valuable occasion to accommodate you in our property.

Thanks for your time to share your amazing experience of your stay with us on TripAdvisor while you are here to visit Cambodia, Kingdom of wonder. I'm delighted to read that you had the incredible time with Golden Temple Residence. Your review could mean enough to us. We're really appreciated that you like the hotel and hospitality delivered to you and found that Golden Temple Boutique to be "Hospitality at its best!"

We encourage going the extra mile and your appreciation is vital for us.

I trust you are well and please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally assist you with your accommodation requirements.

Yours Faithfully,

Luon Thea (Mr)

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

The best hospitality through my travel. We were picked up from the airport when we arrived Siem Reap, got served cool towels and cold drinks to welcome us. And when we arrived in the hotel, we were greatly welcomed by fruit platter and cold drinks, and were well introduced to our hotel room. The facility in the room is great, modern and new. Hotel front office staff helped us to organize our tours in Siem Reap through our whole stay, and they have their own Tuk Tuk Drivers and Taxi Drivers to get us around all the attractions. Location is ideal too, it is close to street food market and Pub Street, which is the busiest area in town, from there you can find all kinds of cuisine.Although it is close to the spotlight in town, the hotel is very quiet and peaceful, which made our stay relaxing. It is honestly the best service and hospitality we had, and the staff made us feel home away from home. Highly recommend it to everyone, and definitely would stay again if we ever go back to Siem Reap for a visit.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kaylali28

Dear Kaylali28,

It was an honor and valuable occasion to accommodate you in our property.

Thanks for your time to share your magnificent experience of your stay with us on TripAdvisor while you are here to visit Cambodia, Kingdom of wonder. I'm delighted to read that you had a great time with us. Your review could mean enough to us. We really appreciated your singing the praises of the hotel and staff!

Yours Faithfully,

Luon Thea (Mr)

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Can't say enough about this hotel. Beautifully presented and decorated. Exceptional value and comfort. Comes with free massage that was the best I've ever had. We were impressed with everyone in the hotel with their service and friendliness and willingness to make our stay the best they could. They booked our personal guide and driver for tours of the temples and sent a personal concierge along with the driver to pick us up and drop off at the airport. Probably the best hotel experience I've ever had.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends
8  Thank MayJeffKatieRyan
GTGROUP, General Manager at Golden Temple Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear MayJeffKatieRyan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us while you are here to visit Siem Reap Angkor !

It is a real pleasure to read such a kind review and to know that you enjoyed your stay with us for your stay.

We are deeply touched by your feedback. It is very important to us to make you feel at home and to provide a perfect guest experience from the moment you pass the door until the moment you leave the hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

I trust you are well and thank you again.

Luon Thea (Mr.)

Reviewed 4 February 2018

I stayed three nights at Golden Temple Residence and wish I had planned for a longer stay.
I always spend hours on research (mostly on TripAdvisor). This time to find a gem in Siem Reap – and with Golden Temple I did!
This place only have a few average/poor reviews on TripAdvisor which are obviously based on poor research of the location or lack of understanding for the country of origin.
You may overlook these misunderstood reviews if you are an experienced traveller :)
The level of attention from the staff might strike you a little overwhelming at first but you’ll get used to this - if you adjust to the tone and embrace their hospitality.
Staff will quickly register your preferences and not only address you by name at all times but also serve you in accordance to even unspoken desires.
That be remembering your favourite drink, special requests at dinner, extra towels by the pool or extra amenities in your room.
An awareness and service like this is not something you find everywhere.
The kitchen chef at this place is a gem as well. Besides good raw materials the recipes are genuine local and luckily with only little attention to the picky palate of tourists. The presentation of the food is a also 4-star restaurant worthy.
The suite I booked was better than pictured on the website. Clean, spacious and with all amenities you could wish for.
This being Cambodia I was surprised to find a standard like this – matching with my favourites in Europe, Dubai or Singapore – this place deserves all stars available on TripAdvisor.
My highest recommendation goes to Golden Temple Residence.
Thanks to Mr. L.T, Mr. K.H. and the rest of the staff for a memorable stay.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
8  Thank michael-rothmann

Dear michael-rothmann,

Thank you so much for choosing to experience our property in Siem Reap, Cambodia, Kingdom of wonder and for sharing such a lovely review with the TripAdvisor.

We are all absolutely delighted to read that every aspect of your stay was ravishing.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Luon Thea

E-mail: gm@goldentempleresidence.com

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We had a terrific stay at the Golden Temple Residence. The rooms are spectacular, the location is perfect and the service is the best we’ve experienced anywhere we’ve travelled. They also made all the arrangements for our tours of the Temples, including setting up the transportation and guides. Each was safe and entertaining. This is the place to stay in Siem Reap!

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
8  Thank gskantor

Dear gskantor,

It was an honor and valuable occasion to accommodate you in our property.
Thank you for choosing Golden Temple Residence for your stopover in Asia. We appreciate and value your endorsement!

Please rest assured that we'll be delighted to convey you kind words to the whole team.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back for another bespoke experience, in the heart of Siem Reap Angkor!

Luon Thea