“Best Customer Service We Have Ever Had from a Hotel”

Golden Temple Residence
Ranked #7 of 384 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 1 week ago

The customer service started with the pickup from the airport. Is is typical, we were met as soon as we cleared customs. What was not typical was that we were greeted with traditional Cambodian scarves. Then, as soon as we entered the hotel van, we were given cool towels to cool us off (it was over 90 degrees at 10:30 pm), and ice cold beer. Now that is what I call service!

It did not stop there. After a short drive to the hotel in downtown Siem Reap - centrally located just steps from Pub Street and its bars, restaurants, and shops - we were provided with fruit, sticky rice, and fruit juice while the staff checked us in.

From that point on, every time we entered or left the hotel, we were greeted by name and asked if there was anything the staff could do for us. The key thing is, I think they genuinely wanted to find ways to help us. Express laundry service, no problem. Dinner reservations, check.

I realize these services come standard at any decent hotel, but not with the enthusiasm generated by the staff at the Golden Temple Residence. So okay, now here comes the kicker, when We checked out, we were presented with souvenir shirts, and the entire staff came out to get a picture with us. They asked for the picture, not us. It made us feel very special and wanted. Then a member of the hotel staff came with us to the airport just to make sure we got to our flight safely. Again, this is not a service we requested. It is just something they did that let us know we were valued customers.

I should also mention that the decor at the Golden Residence was beautiful, our room was spotless, and did I mention that the staff was superb! All in all it was a wonderful experience and I hope we get the chance to stay there again.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to the penthouse. It has a great view of the city.
Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DanDWoodinville
Write a ReviewReviews (1,805)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at Golden Temple Residence for 6 days and it was fantastic. I specifically wanted a boutique hotel so that we would experience Khmer culture and we were not disappointed. The hotel took care of our every need and we wanted for nothing. They arranged a fabulous 4 day tour for us and Mr. Chin (our guide) was amazing (if you go ask for him!). He was helpful when needed but also gave us space to explore so that we didn't feel smothered by our guide.

The room was beautifully appointed and very clean. They even took care to arrange a welcome for our 10 year anniversary- very thoughtful. Breakfast is great- there is something for everyone and every culture there. The hotel itself is great and the pool area is comfortable and relaxing. The complimentary cocktail hour is a nice touch before heading out to Night Market and Pub Street.

Location, Location, Location! Can't be beat. You are literally right on the outskirt of the action. Walk one street over and you are at Night Market and Pub Street. I can't imagine having stayed anywhere else. In fact, I kind of felt bad for hotels that were further away!

The front desk was accommodating in changing out larger bills for us (I had a total mental lapse when planning and only brought large bills). They also arranged for dinner reservations when we asked (try Chanrey Tree- it was great!).

I could go on and on about our stay. It was great.

If I had to give a con (only because I believe in balance in reviews) it would be the street noise- particularly one night when the restaurant across the had some thumping music. Our room faced the pool/street. I called the front desk and they called the restaurant and asked it they could turn the music down and they did! This just shows you how accommodating they are! Beyond that, I had a sound machine on my phone and it drowned out everything else. No trouble sleeping after that!

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jessica M
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The best hospitality through my travel. We were picked up from the airport when we arrived Siem Reap, got served cool towels and cold drinks to welcome us. And when we arrived in the hotel, we were greatly welcomed by fruit platter and cold drinks, and were well introduced to our hotel room. The facility in the room is great, modern and new. Hotel front office staff helped us to organize our tours in Siem Reap through our whole stay, and they have their own Tuk Tuk Drivers and Taxi Drivers to get us around all the attractions. Location is ideal too, it is close to street food market and Pub Street, which is the busiest area in town, from there you can find all kinds of cuisine.Although it is close to the spotlight in town, the hotel is very quiet and peaceful, which made our stay relaxing. It is honestly the best service and hospitality we had, and the staff made us feel home away from home. Highly recommend it to everyone, and definitely would stay again if we ever go back to Siem Reap for a visit.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kaylali28
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Can't say enough about this hotel. Beautifully presented and decorated. Exceptional value and comfort. Comes with free massage that was the best I've ever had. We were impressed with everyone in the hotel with their service and friendliness and willingness to make our stay the best they could. They booked our personal guide and driver for tours of the temples and sent a personal concierge along with the driver to pick us up and drop off at the airport. Probably the best hotel experience I've ever had.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends
8  Thank MayJeffKatieRyan
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed three nights at Golden Temple Residence and wish I had planned for a longer stay.
I always spend hours on research (mostly on TripAdvisor). This time to find a gem in Siem Reap – and with Golden Temple I did!
This place only have a few average/poor reviews on TripAdvisor which are obviously based on poor research of the location or lack of understanding for the country of origin.
You may overlook these misunderstood reviews if you are an experienced traveller :)
The level of attention from the staff might strike you a little overwhelming at first but you’ll get used to this - if you adjust to the tone and embrace their hospitality.
Staff will quickly register your preferences and not only address you by name at all times but also serve you in accordance to even unspoken desires.
That be remembering your favourite drink, special requests at dinner, extra towels by the pool or extra amenities in your room.
An awareness and service like this is not something you find everywhere.
The kitchen chef at this place is a gem as well. Besides good raw materials the recipes are genuine local and luckily with only little attention to the picky palate of tourists. The presentation of the food is a also 4-star restaurant worthy.
The suite I booked was better than pictured on the website. Clean, spacious and with all amenities you could wish for.
This being Cambodia I was surprised to find a standard like this – matching with my favourites in Europe, Dubai or Singapore – this place deserves all stars available on TripAdvisor.
My highest recommendation goes to Golden Temple Residence.
Thanks to Mr. L.T, Mr. K.H. and the rest of the staff for a memorable stay.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo