“French owner and very well cooked Bugs”
Review of Bugs Cafe

Bugs Cafe
Ranked #24 of 986 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Cambodian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bugs Cafe is the first ever insect tapas restaurant and cocktail bar in Cambodia. Crickets, scorpions, grasshoppers, ants, bees, silkworms, spiders, snake and crocodile combined with quality Khmer and western products and seasonings, will bring you a delicious and unseen taste of adventure! Amazing Photos guaranteed...
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had some snacks (roasted grasshopper and silkworms) with the owner and then had our tarantula samosas and som scorpion sallad. This food is very well cooked with great flavours. Its not like the bugs street food that is always cooked in the same way and not very tasty. This restaurant could make me like bugs! Normally I'm really not a fan.
The spicy snack we got at first was like a very well flavoured crisps. The samosas had a underlying flavour that reminded me of a rich wine from old stocks a bit "full and earthy".
Great place to go, if in Siem Reap don't miss this!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went there once, nice bugs but honestly not my big favourite. Price a bit expensive but compared to the street food here is clean and classy. You should come at least once during your time in Siem Reap.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am freaked out by tarantulas and thinking about eating insects generally gives me the hibbie jibbies. That said, being in Siem Reap, I needed to overcome my fears and try it. Eating insects from street sellers may be the real deal but that didn't do it for me. The bugs cafe was therefore the perfect place for me. And boy, was I not disappointed. The discovery platter which I opted for was awesome. Grilled tarantula, tarantula samosa, spring rolls with ants, silk worms, crickets etc, all of it tasted beautifully. The fusion cuisine of the Bugs Cafe will be the perfect way to experience insects, you really won't be disappointed.

Reviewed January 17, 2018

Located about 2 minutes walk from The PARK HYATT SIEM REAP - the place serves various snacks prepared from BUGS !!!. Open only in the afternoon. It is worth trying, but it is also quite difficult to recommend anything on their Menu. See it for yourself; have a large shot of vodka for a courage and just GO FOR IT !!!

Reviewed January 13, 2018

During my trip to Cambodia, I wanted to try eating some insects, but every food stand that I went to was making me worry about the cleanliness (I know, very ironic). I was seeing food vendors recook many of their items over and over to keep them warm, and I wanted to try something other than the bug with salt on it. After looking online, the group that I was with found Bugs Cafe. We went over to take a look to see what they had. As we were looking at the menu on the street, the owner came out to talk to us about his menu and the way that he cooks everything, awesome French guy. We decided to stay and give it a shot, as it seemed like he had a variety of different food there. After looking over the menu, we decided on the small variety platter and the coconut snake. When the food came out, the owner came over to our table to tell us about what everything was (types of bugs and dipping sauces). The food was AMAZING. It tasted great and it was a blast to try all the different dishes that they made. I would go back here in a heart beat. Also, the scorpion alcohol was pretty darn good as well. Thank you for such a fun experience!