Palm Village Resort & Spa
US$60
US$47
US$85
US$78
Golden Temple Residence(Siem Reap)
US$72
US$49
US$34
Priceline
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$41/night.

US$39
US$35
Agoda.com
US$165
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewskhmer foodbamboo hutindividual bungalowssmall tvangkor wattuk tukbumpy rideair conthe open air restaurantdry seasonswimming poolrainy seasonspa treatmentsfour nightsyogurtfrogscabin
Reviewed 18 May 2015

I highly recommend this resort for a great stay at an even better price! When booking, I compared high end resorts like the Sofitel, Hyatt, and Raffles, but am so glad that I decided to save my money.

Traveling with a teenaged son and daughter, I was pleased that the Bamboo hut offered each of us our own individual queen-sized bed - no trying to convince the hotel for a rollaway or being told that we needed to pay adjoining rooms. Instead, one large room, three large beds, two separate bathrooms. Perfect for families. And I would imagine some of the smaller huts would be perfect for couples too.

Breakfast included in our stay -- perfectly adequate -- baguette, egg, pancakes, fruit, and great coffee. The first night we also received a free welcome dinner -- check out their Facebook for special offers -- https://www.facebook.com/palmresort?fref=ts Yummy enough to convince us after an exhausting day that we really just wanted to stay there and relax for dinner.

Nice swimming pool, which was perfect for cooling off after seeing all the temples. Also would be good for smaller children -- water is nice and warm, although still refreshing, and the shallow end would let non-swimmers still enjoy the water.

Wi-Fi was spotty, better in the restaurant/lobby area.

Bring bug spray for outside. Although there were mosquito nets around the beds, I didn't find many bugs inside.

Easy to get into town, easy to get to the temples, in a word: ideal.

One note on the tuk-tuk driver -- just because the price is listed on the list of charges, don't assume his fee is added to your bill. Bring cash to pay him. Bike rentals, however, can be added to the bill. U.S. dollars are the accepted currency, but make sure to bring lots of smaller denominations. Resort accepts credit cards, though, so it was convenient to add meal charges.

I would highly recommend this to any friends or colleagues traveling to Siem Reap. And I would certainly stay here on any return trip.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2015

We stayed just 1 night in one of the air-conditioned cabins. Very peaceful hotel, attentive staff, lovely pool. We didn't eat breakfast here as we went to see sunrise at Angkor Wat, but we did have a very tasty dinner before leaving to get our flight back to Bangkok. The hotel is out of town but closer to the temples which is why we booked it. The spa here was definitely a big plus! Had a fabulous full body massage with coconut oil - a must after a full day of trampling over the temples!

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rachel A F
Reviewed 12 March 2015

This lovely resort is a few miles out of town, but they always have a Tuk Tuk outside waiting to drive you to town for just $3 US. If you do go into to the city, make sure you take a business card from the front desk, as most of the Tuk Tuk drivers in town are unsure of where the resort is located. The staff is wonderful and so helpful. They found a guide for us at the last minute (night before) and arranged a full day tour to Angkor Wat for $35 US and also provided the Tuk Tuk and driver for $15 US. The breakfast is wonderful and they accommodated us needing breakfast early one morning before our tour. We wound up using the same guide and Tuk Tuk the following day and went out to the fishing village on Tonle Sap and could not have been happier with our stay. Breakfast by the pool is peaceful in the morning and their 3 dogs are such sweet hearts. They also offer lunch and dinner at the resort as well. Great stay and we would highly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong with any of the rooms. Bamboo room was lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TravelPhotogCO
Reviewed 28 January 2015

We honeymooned in Cambodia and Thailand. Our first stop was Siem Reap and we thankfully chose Palm Village. We visited Cambodia to see Angkor Wat and I was concerned about staying too far outside of Siem Reap. I'm so glad we chose Palm Village. Unless you really want nightlife, I don't see the benefits of staying in the town as it is crowded, loud and somewhat dirty- as most cities are. The people of Palm Village were so kind. They picked us up by tuk tuk at the airport. It was a pitch black ride to the hotel but an exciting one, having finally landed in Cambodia! They warmly greeted us and we were off to bed as our clocks were off after 24 hours of travel from Virginia. The hotel staff was kind and accommodating.

We stayed in a Palm House. It was just beyond the restaurant and close to the pool. They are spaced out enough for privacy but still close together. The bathroom wasn't high end by any means, but it met our needs. There was a small patio in the front with two large comfortable chairs to lounge in and have tea in the shade. We used the spa multiple times- and the ladies were wonderful. The breakfast that was included was large and plentiful. You could order what you wanted until full and it was a wide range of Khmer options with some other items available as well.

They arranged us a tuk tuk to the temples at 4am. I highly recommend the sunrise at Angkor Wat- the reflection pools are wonderful and though crowded, it is a spiritual experience being the dark with strangers from all over the world there to experience the same moment with you. Most tourists leave after sunrise, so the temples aren't too busy- a great time to explore early in the AM. Sunsets are amazing as well.

They also arranged us a tuk tuk to the floating village- but I'd recommend against this as it is a long ride on a bumpy road. If you can taxi even half of it, I'd recommend and pick up the tuk tuk closer to the dirt road to the village access. Worth the trip- but DON'T eat anything on the village tour. I was very ill for 1 month and beg you not to eat there.

There are bikes at the hotel for your use, but it is a haul to the city center on a bumpy dirt road. We made it, but that was after going the wrong way for about 45 minutes. Laughable now, but a rough and hot ride then! People aren't good with directions, so bring a map! They say you can bike to the temples, but after our 1 mile ride to Siem Reap center, I'd recommend against that and just take tuk tuk!

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are in a good location. We liked being to the left of reception- a few steps from the restaurant, pool and spa.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Meredith S
Reviewed 16 January 2015

We spent 1 night in the Palm Village as we were only making a quick trip over to Cambodia to visit Angkor Wat. We arranged for someone to pick us up from the airport as we arrived late, Kim the driver at the hotel picked us up and we also arranged with him to drive us around the temples the next day, picking us up at 5:30am. He then drove us to the airport at the end of the day. Kim was very friendly and helpful. The Palm Village is a great location if you are visiting Angkor Wat as it is only a 15 minute car journey. We stayed in a small bamboo house which was really beautiful and comfortable with air conditioning. We didn't get a chance to enjoy the pool or garden area but I would definitely recommend this place even though we stayed for 1 night!

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled as a couple