Sokha Angkor Resort
  • Breakfast included
J7 Hotel(Siem Reap)
  • Restaurant
1,698 results
All reviewsclub suitepillow menupub streettuk tukhuge bedbeautiful hotelcity viewbreakfast buffetpool areasalt waternight marketfoot massagespacious roombeautiful poolbars and restaurantsold marketvisiting siem reap
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Big friendly giant in the middle of Siem Reap offering good food and nice summing pool. Excellent for family with kids. Stand by Tuk Tuk ready to take you all over Siem Reap (it's like fill it and forget it efficiency) and excellent Conceirge service offering excellent advise on tours and guides.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank kshameer
Meng B, Executive Assistant Manager at Sokha Angkor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Dear kshameer,

Greetings from Sokha Angkor Resort!
Thank you for choosing to stay at Sokha Angkor Resort, We are truly happy to learn from your review that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have been service to you. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bun Meng (Mr.)

Reviewed 10 July 2016

I stayed for three nights for work. Location is fine: it's a lovely 20 minute walk to the markets and the centre of town. The hotel is a bit tired: the rooms are quite fine in terms of size and amenities, but dated with heavy, dark furniture and hard mattresses. I agree with others about the poor quality of the breakfast: even though it was included I didn't bother after checking it out on the first day. The gym is in two small rooms that are also used for exercise classes which is a bit weird. Upgrading to club (with lounge, bigger room, free laundry, etc.) is ludicrously expensive and not worth it. The service was lovely, everyone was kind and polite and helpful.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business
SokhaAngkor, Executive Assistant Manager at Sokha Angkor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Dear atgkc,

Greetings from Sokha Angkor Resort!
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback during your recent stay at Sokha Angkor Resort. Whilst I am pleased to hear delightful feedback of our team, I am disappointed to learn that we fell short of your expectations. I sincerely would like to extend my apologies for the inconvenience caused and please rest assured that your feedback has been shared with the relevant managers who appreciate for your valuable comment.

Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your stay, I hope you will consider Sokha Angkor Resort on your next visit to Siem Reap, so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Me and my two friends had a very good experience staying at Sokha Angkor Resort because of the following reasons.

1. Their staffs are very friendly, polite, accomodating and always greet you with smiles.

2. Our room got upgraded! :)

I booked a room with a city view online, (with free 15mins footspa, 30% discount on Jasmin spa and 30% discount on food) but we got upgraded to a room with a pool view. Thanks Mouyrath (i'm not sure if that's the right spelling) for assisting us during check - in and upgrading our room.

Take note that the mentioned complementary are for each person.

3. We got free buffet breakfast!

Yes, free breakfast! Well actually, i was thinking they will charged it upon our check out. It's a promise from my friend that she will pay for our buffet breakfast so i scheduled that during our last day stay in the hotel. But the Manager is very kind enough to offer it to us for free and never charged it to us on our checkout. Thank you so much Mr. Richna.

4. Very good location

5. Their salt water pool is amazing. I enjoyed swimming and ofcourse watching the pool view while lying in our bed from our room.

6. Comfy big bed with big comfort room

7. Hotel smells good especially the spa.

Though we haven't tried the different massage but our complementary 15mins foot massage is very satisfying. Next time, i'll definitely try their traditional cambodian massage. (Take note you have 30% discount :) )

This hotel is very much recommended! Me and my friends would like to humbly extend are appreciation and deep thanks for the very good experience we had. To Sir Richna, Mouyrath and all the staffs of Sokha Angkor Resort, thank you and Good Job. I'll definitely stay in your hotel again :)

Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends
2  Thank Carla L
Reviewed 8 July 2016

I had the pleasure of staying at the Sokha Angkor in May 2015 with my family. It is a beautiful hotel with old world appeal. The rooms were very comfortable and attractive with all of the necessary conveniences. The employees are friendly and attentive. All of our family found the breakfasts to be very satisfying with Western and Eastern cultural choices represented. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit in Siem Reap and look forward to returning and, of course, staying at the Sokha Angkor.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank L D

Dear L D,

Greetings from Sokha Angkor Resort!
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your fantastic review of our hotel. It is wonderful to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I would also like to thank you for your compliments on our hotel's facilities and services, especially our staff, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2016

Good rooms and service and fantastic location - in the evening after temple(s) visit we can walk to the Pub Street and Night Market. But the breakfast is really sad - as this is the only meal we had in the hotel - cannot comment on the overall quality of food. I like an elaborate and well laid out breakfast in 4 and 5 star properties, which it was not. This is something the hotel should fix and then to me it would be worthy of 5-star rating. I typically stay in local hotel chains in Asian cities versus the global chains like Starwood and Marriott to experience more of the local culture - and this particular hotel as well as their Phnom Phen hotel - breakfast is my only complaint.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
3  Thank ssgoon

Dear ssgoon,

Greetings from Sokha Angkor Resort!
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. While I am pleased to hear of many delightful aspects. I regret to hear that our current buffet breakfast was not what you had anticipated. We sincerely apologize for our shortcomings and please rest assured that I will be reviewing your feedback with appropriate team as Guest Satisfaction is of paramount importance.

We hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future to showcase our improvement.